Profile for Kal Rubaye > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kal Rubaye RSS Feed

On-Wall TV Install - Includes Wall Mount Bracket and HDMI Cable (For TVs 41-inches and Larger) by Dish
Offered by DISH
Price: $249.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, October 10, 2012
I just bought a new Sony Bravia 55inch TV and wanted that sucker mounted on the wall, as I was ordering I saw the Dish Ad and figured Why not? Benito came, found the studs, drilled the wall, mounted the TV and cleaned up after himself. I loved this service because it was an easy streamlined process (I love it so much that I will be calling DISH to mount my sound system).

To be honest it was a 2 person Job because the TV was huge but I had no problem helping Benito do his job as I was excited to get it mounted.

Update!!!

I tried to call to install my sound system the 1800333DISH number was useless I spent 25 minutes talking to customer support before I hung up in frustration after realizing I was going no where. I called the # listed here for the Amazon Installation 18888047726 and they seemed to realize that they can install, only problem is they could not set up an order for me on the phone and that I must order it through Amazon first. Through Amazon they only have the $400 "premium sound installation" While the brochure the technician gave when he mounted my TV clearly states that they have 5.1 Speaker installation options for $199 and $399 depending on the concealment of wires. Seems like this whole installation thing is a little disorganized, the actual service is superb, but the fact that I am going through this much trouble to order a service is ludicrous, I will look for another vendor for my sound system installation needs.

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX30V 18.2 MP Exmor R CMOS Digital Camera with 20x Optical Zoom and 3.0-inch LCD (Black) (2012 Model)
13 used & new from $275.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Upgrade from the HX9V, May 6, 2012
I loved my DSC-HX9v so much that its still in the family, just couldn't bring it to my heart to sell such a great camera; and believe it or not the DSC-HX30v is better!

- First thing I liked about the 30v vs the 9v is the buttons on the 30v are bigger and easier to use (dummy proofing of the camera).
- I haven't tested the video out enough (review shall be updated accordingly) but it does look nice! and I believe the steady shot is a bit smoother. There is no lag when pressing the record button like the 9v. You can now also take 13 megapixel pictures while recording video without interrupting the recording (This doesn't seem to work with 60P but only 60i).
- Macro (Haven't played with enough, but this camera has better macro specs then the 9v).
- Pictures are great (I'm no pro) but I have always loved how these cameras have the ability to take quick smooth shots (especially in superior+ mode).
- 20x optical is amazing, there is also the "clear image zoom" feature which provides further zoom as well as a digital zoom (I Personally have both non-optical zooms turned off).
- Panoramas: everyone loves my panorama shots, they are further amazed when they realize its my little point and shoot that made it all happen.
- Wifi: I have used the Wifi feature to share photos on my Android Photon 4g as well as my PC (Keep in mind you have to install the Sony Play Memory software on the device you are connecting to).
- I was disappointed that there was no charging dock like advertised (I saw a review here that mentioned that but received a bunch of negative comments, I think its a legit gripe because I was disappointed when I opened my brand new camera box and found no dock).
- Micro USB connection!!!! This camera was switched to a micro-usb wire for charging and sharing pictures which means I can now use the same micro-usb wire to charge my phone, mouse, headset and camera.
- I also like the look of the 30v, it does not have that metal ring around the lens portion like the 9v so it looks much stealthier.
- Battery feels like it lasts just about the same as my 9v.
- GPS actually functions, my 9v's GPS just couldn't get it going on my trip to Hawaii. This GPS connects quicker.
- Flash: what I like about the flash with the 30v is that it comes up flashes and goes back down instantly unlike the 9v which had the flash pop up and stay lingering for a while. (Low light performance is so good that using the flash usually makes the pics worse I noticed)

The Camera itself just feels like its more responsive and quicker to the punch then the the 9v.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 10, 2013 2:28 AM PDT

Cardio Trainer Pro
Cardio Trainer Pro
Offered by Appstore - US - MP - Offer
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars great, May 29, 2011
This review is from: Cardio Trainer Pro (App)
title said it all. this app is going to help me lose weight by tracking and motivating! what more do you want.

Sennheiser HD-280 PRO Headphones
Sennheiser HD-280 PRO Headphones
Price: $99.95
79 used & new from $53.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set of cans!, January 19, 2011
These Cans sound great! I have had these for a couple years, The cloth top part that holds the two sides of the headset has begun to tear off. I have gone traveling, hiking and even to the gym with these cans and they can withstand a lot of damage! The sound is superb as well, although I do with they had more base. They are comfortable to have on for a long time. Since they fully cover your ears, they act as noise canceling headphones (Perfect when on airplanes to dissipate the background ambient noise), it also has the added bonus of not leaking much noise! (perfect for studying in the library). I would highly recommend these! Only grip is the cord is too long, but that's not really a con.

Zeitoun
Zeitoun
by Dave Eggers
Price: $9.01
730 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, A must read for all!, January 19, 2011
This review is from: Zeitoun (Paperback)
This is one of those rare books that captures and captivates the mind. Its almost like a modern day adventure story (up until things get bad). Its a great story if you want a first hand and unique perspective of the events that took place during and after Hurricane Katrina. Highly recommended!

ASUS G73JH-B1 Republic of Gamers 17 Inch Gaming Laptop - Black
ASUS G73JH-B1 Republic of Gamers 17 Inch Gaming Laptop - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Laptop, January 19, 2011
This laptop rocks!

I did quite the research on laptops before I made the purchase. At the time this was the biggest bang for the buck! I have it till this day and it still works flawlessly, runs most modern games (Black Ops Included) with top resolution and AA turned on. I also use it for editing footage from my HD video camera. This laptop is a beast!

Sennheiser CX380 Sport Series II Noise Isolating Earbuds (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by MAT Industries
Price: $39.90
4 used & new from $34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Headphones!, January 19, 2011
I have had these for a couple months now. I go to the gym 3 to 6 days a week. I do 30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of weight training minimum. These headphones fit nice and snug, they never pop out.

The only grip I have is that I lost one of the ear pieces after it fell out. I wish I knew where to get a back up. When I did have the ear peace these headphones were flawless, and they sounded superb as well! Since they go in the ear, some noise cancellation occurs, which I think it a bonus to help tune out the noises of the treadmills and other gym noises.

Perfect for Running and Gym Use!