ARRAY(0x988543d8)

Customer Reviews: 194

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. Young "C. Young" RSS Feed (West Jordan, UT United States)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
#1 Krill Oil Omega-3 Supplement - Krill GOLD, 500mg, 120 Softgels - IKOS 5-Star Certified, Multi-Patented, GMO-free, Hexane-free, Cold-Pressed NKO Neptune Krill Oil with Astaxanthin
Offered by BuyHerbs
Price: $28.95
4 used & new from $14.14

4.0 out of 5 stars No Fishy Aftertaste, January 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Fish and krill oil has a bit of stigma for offering the thrilling sensation of licking a wild fish from the comfort one's kitchen or living room. They also tend to have a boomerang effect, bringing that spectacular, fish-licking moment back to you again and again throughout the day. Fortunately, for the landlubber in each of us, Nutrigold doesn't bounce back to assault your senses after you take it, and doesn't leave a fishy taste in your mouth.

As far as the softgel pills themselves go, they are shaped like little fish footballs, and the tapered ends make them easy to swallow. Nutrigold's Krill Gold also seems to work well for my joints, which is why I take it in the first place. For these satisfying reasons, I give the product four stars.

The reason I knocked off one star is that the pill stinks before you take it. Other krill oil supplements, like Mega Red, don't have this problem, so I felt I couldn't give the product 5 stars for this reason. Other than that, however, I think Krill Gold is a good product and I would buy it again.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Wallet Case - CM4 Q Card Case for Galaxy S4 - Black Onyx - QS4-BLACK
Price: $39.99
6 used & new from $27.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Phone Case/Wallet Combo, December 30, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I don't like carrying bulky wallets around, especially when I have a phone in my pocket too. For this reason alone, I really like the CM4 Q Card Case. Here are some of the pros of the case:

1. It is made of high quality rubber with a leather-like material for the wallet part.
2. The case is fairly easy to get on and off, but feels like it hold your phone securely.
3. I like the little lip on the bottom of the case that works to amplify your phone's speaker by directing more of the sound towards you.
4. The case comes with a decent screen cleaning cloth.

Some of the cons are:
1. Though the wallet aspect of this case is a lot better than other cases I've tried, I think the insertion and extraction of credit cards could be easier while still being secure.
2. The case seems a bit pricey for what you get.
3. No screen protection built into the case.

For me, the bulkiness of the case is right on the border, so I won't classify the case's bulk as either a pro or a con. Overall, I think this is a good case and the pros outweigh the cons, so I'm only knocking off one star.

Steelheart (The Reckoners)
Steelheart (The Reckoners)
by Brandon Sanderson
Price: $11.07
110 used & new from $5.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Another YA Book From Brandon Sanderson, December 30, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I don't like reading YA fiction very much, but I do think Brandon Sanderson's YA novels are creative, interesting, and well-written, and I do like that I can introduce my young kids to this author through his YA efforts without getting bored.

Steelheart is about a group of ordinary men and women who were given extraordinary powers via a phenomenon in the sky. Like most who find themselves with power, however, the Epics, as these people are called, want to rule everyone and use their powers to crush their unchanged counterparts. To fight against this domination, a rebel group, called the Reckoners, studies the Epics, identifies their weaknesses, and then kill them.

In the story, Steelheart is a powerful Epic (the books main villain) who takes over a city called "Newcago." During his rise to power, he kills a young boy named David's father, so as David grows up, he studies the Epics with the intent on defeating Steelheart out of revenge.

Though David is portrayed as a stereotypical egghead, I thought Sanderson did a good job of developing the character. In fact, I think one of Sanderson's greatest skills is being able to juggle a large number of well-defined cast-members in his books, and he does so in this book to a large degree of success. I wish some of the lesser characters had a bit more face-time and depth, but overall, I think Sanderson did a great job with the Reckoners, David, Steelheart, and others.

Another strength in this book is the action. The book starts out strong and maintains a fast pace throughout, which I think helps to keep young readers engaged (my youngest seemed enthralled with the story, anyway).

If you're already a fan of Sanderson's writing, I don't think this book will disappoint. And, if like me, you're not a fan of YA fiction, this book may just be your "gateway drug."

Office 365 University 4yr Academic Key Card 2PCs or Macs (Student Validation Required)
Price: $71.93
69 used & new from $65.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Good Product - Unfortunate Registration Process, December 2, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This review isn't for Office 365 itself, but rather for the University 4yr Academic Key Card version, which requires student validation.

I am a student who has used previous student versions of Microsoft Office. Therefore, I did not expect any issues with validating this product when I ordered it; however, I personally found the student validation process so frustrating, I stopped trying to install Office 365 and just started exporting Google Docs into Word format and turning in my assignments that way.

Since Microsoft is discounting this product for those in school, I can fully understand the need to verify that people who buy it are actually students. However, the verification process shouldn't feel like a waste of time and it shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes. As a student, I've purchased several software packages under an academic discount and this is the only one I've given up on. I think Microsoft should take a cue from Adobe and Apple and make their student software more accessible.

K'NEX Amazin' 8 Coaster Building Set
K'NEX Amazin' 8 Coaster Building Set
Price: $19.99
22 used & new from $11.89

4.0 out of 5 stars My Daughter Enjoys It, December 2, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I got the K'Nex Coaster Building Set for my 11-year-old daughter, who really likes building things with Legos, in the hopes that she'd have fun with it during the building process and also after it was built. I think on that level, this product is successful.

Some of the highlights of this product are:
1. The instructions were easy to follow. Even though I helped my daughter build the roller coaster, she wasn't confused or stuck by the instructions.

2. The K'NEX pieces fit together easily and are fairly secure once they are all put together.

3. The product works fairly well as a roller coaster (see below).

The reasons I knocked one star off the product are:
1. The kit was missing two pieces needed to complete the roller coaster. The set had extras of some pieces that didn't belong though, so we were able to hack together a solution to finish the coaster.

2. Once the kit was complete, the car would get stuck at the top of the first drop and we would have to give it a push to get it going. We were able to fix this by removing one of the braces under this section of track, which allowed it to drop down far enough to let the car work without human intervention.

3. Unlike Legos, which my daughter can use to make any number of things, this set is really only good for constructing a roller coaster.

Overall, my daughter enjoyed this product and I enjoyed our time together while we built it. I'd buy other K'NEX products in the future.

David Seeds Almonds, Dark Chocolate, 5 Ounce (Pack of 8)
David Seeds Almonds, Dark Chocolate, 5 Ounce (Pack of 8)
Price: $23.38

5.0 out of 5 stars A Beautiful Combination of Cocoa and Almonds, December 2, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When I ordered these, I was expecting dark chocolate covered almonds. While that isn't what these are, I like these almonds equally well and have purchased them several times since initially buying them from Amazon.

David Seeds Almonds, Dark Chocolate are almonds dusted with cocoa powder, and offer a rich and unique flavor that isn't overly sweet. The product I ordered arrived well packaged and tasted fresh, just as I would expect from a David Seeds product. They make the perfect treat for those who like the combination of almonds and chocolate.

Readmill - book reader for ePub
Readmill - book reader for ePub
Offered by Appstore - US - MP - Offer
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best eBook Reader for Technical Books, December 2, 2013
Readmill is the app I use most on my smartphone. The thing I love about it over the Kindle app (which I also use) is that Readmill preserves the formatting of technical book while offering a similar experience to the Kindle app. As much as I like Kindle, technical books often times suffer from severe formatting issues. Readmill solves that problem.

Another reason I like Readmill is the quality and ease of use of their web site. Uploading new books into Readmill couldn't be easier, and if you purchase books from The Pragmatic Bookshelf, they have an option to automatically push your purchases into Readmill for you. Very nice!

Altego Polygon Sunfire 17" Laptop Backpack for Apple MacBook + iPad Pocket (36302)
Price: $64.45
22 used & new from $55.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and Solid, December 2, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really like this laptop backpack. It is roomy and comfortably fits my laptop, iPad, and a book or two, which makes it nice for school. The backpack fits comfortably on my shoulders and is adequately padded to provide comfort during extended use. I haven't had this backpack for very long, but the stitching seems solid and the handle on the top of the backpack seems to be well constructed and I imagine the backpack will last a long time.

The reason I'm only giving this product 4 stars is that the internal padding between the laptop compartment and the iPad compartment seems a little thin. I'd feel more secure if the padding was just a bit thicker. Also the padding between the iPad container and other internal pockets could use a little more padding, I think. Having said that, I've been using the backpack for a couple of months now and haven't had any issues with it, so my concerns regarding the padding are probably unfounded.

Another point to consider, I think, is that Apple no longer makes 17" laptops so this bag may not be useful to you in the long term. I do use it with my 13" Air on occasion, but there isn't a way to secure a 13" laptop into the bag, so it sort of flops around in there.

Getting Real
Getting Real
Price: $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Tips for Managing Projects, October 7, 2013
This review is from: Getting Real (Kindle Edition)
Though this book focuses on creating web applications, the ideas it presents could easily be applied to other types of projects as well. I gave this book 5 stars for its clarity and the authors' ability to quickly get to the point. I felt this made the book more accessible and also respected my time as a reader.

Blue Diamond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla, 32-ounce (Pack of 6)
Blue Diamond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla, 32-ounce (Pack of 6)
Offered by 24HR
Price: $35.00
12 used & new from $14.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, Terrible Price!, August 22, 2013
Blue Diamond Unsweetened Almond Milk is one of my favorite almond milks, and is the product that got me to switch off of dairy once and for all. I also like that you can store these in your pantry for a long time without them going bad.

I highly recommend this product for its taste and quality. However, $45.00 for 6 of them is a ridiculous price. That is over $7 per container. You can get 12 packs of the same product for that price at Walmart and pretty much anyplace else that sells it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20