Profile for Ms. Packer Fan > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ms. Packer Fan RSS Feed (Milwaukee, WI)

Melissa & Doug Camp Bunk Box of Questions - Mini
Melissa & Doug Camp Bunk Box of Questions - Mini
Price: $4.99
6 used & new from $0.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 15, 2014
My daughter will love it at camp.

Harrisville Designs Potholder Deluxe Set
Harrisville Designs Potholder Deluxe Set
Price: $20.19
11 used & new from $18.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Hands down the best loom and loops on the market!!!!!, August 23, 2012
I frequently purchase items sold by the companies that make *other* potholder looms and loops, but when you are shopping in this (potholder) category, look no further than Harrisville Designs. Unlike most other companies that use nylon and plastic in their loops (guess what - they melt when a hot pan rests on them!!) the all-cotton Harrisville loops are not only durable but stretchy. They ALWAYS fit on the pegs of the loom. No fussing and tedious tugging. And the colors are vivid and lovely. And they are made in the USA. What more could you want? This is the best product. Just put it in your cart and forget about the others.... (My daughter is currently in potholder-making phase and I love it. Brings back memories from when I made these with my cousin as a girl).

Melissa & Doug Magnetic Farm Hide & Seek
Melissa & Doug Magnetic Farm Hide & Seek
Offered by Kitchen And Beyond
Price: $29.44
6 used & new from $7.97

5.0 out of 5 stars FABULOUS TODDLER TOY, April 13, 2007
My 20-month old is fascinated with this clever toy, and I expect it to hold her interest as her abilities continue to develop. She loves to open and close all of the hiding spots and to move the animals around into different places.

For now, she's trying to put more than one animal behind one door and the doors won't always shut. So that will keep her challenged and curious.

Plus, she has yet to figure out that the magnets will stick to the fridge.

There's lots to learn and explore with this very clever, well-designed and economical toy!!

German: How to Speak and Write It (Dover Dual Language German)
German: How to Speak and Write It (Dover Dual Language German)
by Joseph Rosenberg
Price: $6.56
103 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best I've seen!, April 17, 2002
What all the other 5-star reviewers say is true! I am an American who learned German as a second language starting in college, and continuing into time spent studying and working abroad. Back at home now, I am ever interested in, and conscious of, the need to keep up my language skills, and am always scanning German language books and aids. Although this book is meant for a beginner, I couldn't pass it up. It is chock full of approximately 1950's era, quaint illustrations and drawings (all much more helpful, somehow, than modern books' attempt to be "hip"). The illustrations all tie in closely with the readings, and make it easy to stay interested. There is such a variety of different excercises, amusing stories, interesting facts, maps, etc., that it is a pleasure to pick up the book each time. Take it from someone who has been comparing German language learning aids for years - this one is hard to beat!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 14, 2010 10:08 PM PDT

Fabulous Lo-Carb Cuisine
Fabulous Lo-Carb Cuisine
by Ruth Glick
Price: $10.90
69 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I bought this one!, January 10, 2002
This book is a delight! I occassionally purchase low carb recipe books, and never know quite what to expect from a new one. I enjoy Barbara Doyen's "Back to Protein" book, for exampe, but I find it heavy on the meat. I adore my insightful Fran McCollough books, but sometimes find her recipes too tricky for everyday. If you, too, are tired of either the gourmet or the all-meat-all-the-time approach to low carbing, and appreciate interesting flavors and refreshing, but simple combinations, then this book is for you. From the simple but delicious recipes for multiple variations on stuffed peppers, to the barbequed beef brisket or strawberry mousse, I highly recommend this book! My husband and I can hardly tell we're "low carbing" anymore. The recipes here offer just plain old, good food. Of course, it *IS* all low carb, and helpful carb and nutrition counts are provided with each easy-to-follow recipe. We've enjoyed every recipe we've tried, so far, and look forward to trying all the others.