Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM
Profile for Princess Bookworm > Reviews

Browse

Princess Bookworm's Profile

Customer Reviews: 717

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Princess Bookworm RSS Feed (Pacific NW)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Baden Crossover Flex Composite Basketball
Baden Crossover Flex Composite Basketball
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Black/Green ball works great, looks fantastic, July 23, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Great basketball. It has good hand feel and works great both inside and on the pavement. The Baden Crossover holds air very well, and arrives fully blown up.

Personally, the black ball with the acid green trim is very attractive and I like using it. It stands out enough that it can't get mistakenly taken by someone else.The orange-brown ones are ugly in comparison.

Lightshare Waterproof Dimmable Copper Wire LED Starry String Lights with Dancing Remote, Warm White
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of Ambience Control over these UV Listed Lights, July 20, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love these pretty little twinkling lights. The flashes are practically seizure inducing, but the "smooth" settings are wonderful. The remote gives me control of the % of light emitted when it's just "on", for instance, if you wanted this as bright as a candle, you can turn it to 10 or 20%. The fact that I have control over the overall brightness is a wonderful feature, great for people who enjoy ambience through lighting.

Revlon RVIR1142 Pro Collection Soft Feel Curling Iron, 1 Inch
Revlon RVIR1142 Pro Collection Soft Feel Curling Iron, 1 Inch
Offered by Tri State Camera
Price: $25.50
31 used & new from $23.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Ergonomic, High Quality, Easy to Use, Gorgeous Pink, July 20, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Revlon Pro Collection Soft Feel Curling Iron is like those awesome curling irons of the past (before the wand & glove took over). However, it's got the bells and whistles of modern tech, like "30" heat settings (more on that below), fast heat-up time, ergonomic handle, and a swivel cord that doesn't tangle. And the pink color is to die for--it's so pretty in person. You clip your hair under the wand clasp and wind it up. Wait, unwind and voila, curls.

This model heats up super fast; while it is in 'heating' mode, there is an indicator light that blinks. Once the curling iron has reached your designated setting, the little red light stops blinking. You clip your hair under the wand clasp and wind it up. Wait, unwind and voila, curls.

Unlike most wands, this comes with a "kickstand" so you can lay it on your counter without leaving burn marks. Another thing I really like about this is model is that it's very comfortable to hold. Whoever designed this did a great job not skimping on the handle--it's a pleasure to use.

Regarding the "30" heat settings, let me break down that advertising trickery for you. There is a dial that you turn that counts from 1 to 30. However, it doesn't actually list all the numbers, so it's like this on the iron:
"1 . . 5 . . 10 . . 15 . . 20 . . 25 . . 30"
Even if you count all the dots as settings, you still only get 19 "settings". It's a dial, not a toggle. On the box, they break down the settings by hair type:
HAIR TYPE / HEAT LEVEL
Fine, think hair / 1...6
Wavy to medium hair / 7...14
Thick Hair / 15...22
Coarse, hard-to-style hair / 23...30

Because the actual numbers are listed in a dial shape as "1 . . 5 . . 10 . . 15 . . 20 . . 25 . . 30", the box directions become pretty hard to follow, like say you wanted to set your hair at a 21. Good luck finding it, it's not listed and the next dot doesn't represent a single number.

If this product has a normal dial, and didn't mislead users with the silly "30 setting" claim, I'd definitely give this product 5 stars. But because they chose to make that claim that makes no actual sense to users, they lose a star. That said, I enjoy using this product to curl my hair and like it a lot.

Mikasa Laura Pierced Glass Carafe with Gift Box, 40-1/2-Ounce
Mikasa Laura Pierced Glass Carafe with Gift Box, 40-1/2-Ounce
Price: $39.99
3 used & new from $39.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Carafe attractive, but no real gift box--just a product box., July 20, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
In person, I was hoping to like this Mikasa Pierced Carafe more than I do. It's pompous looking. This reminds me of these tall crystal beer glasses I got once that were like 14" tall. They made me feel like a cocky snooty jerk drinking beer from them.

About that "gift box" that comes with it... it's a regular box. It's got a UPC code on it like a regular product box. I was expecting an actual GIFT BOX not just a product box.

Also, the design of my carafe is different from the photos: my "piercing" is more to the center than the edge as seen in the single shots of this product. The product photo has it far to the left, and my actual carafe is closer to the center than that, at every angle. It is still nice looking, but not like the photos.

The reason I give it three stars is because it's well made.

The Seaweed Bath Co. Body Cream, Unscented
The Seaweed Bath Co. Body Cream, Unscented
Price: $11.81
11 used & new from $10.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Natural, truly unscented, thick cream works well., July 18, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Seaweed Bath Company's Unscented Body Cream is wonderful and fully unscented. I'm using it for a sensitive member of my family who has a strong nose and he is quite pleased with the lack of scent. The cream is a thick, white cream (not runny like a lotion) and rubs into skin easily.

The cream itself feels a bit "greasy" at first, but in a few minutes, it's absorbed and your skin feels soft and non-tacky. It's really a smooth finish after a few minutes.

I'd recommend, particularly for those who are sensitive to yucky odors and chemicals.

Kleenex Cotton Soft Pads, 85 Count
Kleenex Cotton Soft Pads, 85 Count

4.0 out of 5 stars 85 (not 25) Cotton Pads, Very Nice, Low Lint, July 15, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I like these new Kleenex Cotton Soft Pads, but I don't love them. They are good quality, and have a darling pattern on them. They come 85 to a box, and I will be storing these in my medicine cabinet in the box it came in.

My issue is that they're quite large, too large for most of my uses. These are roughly 3 1/4" x 3 3/4". I'm prefer smaller ones, and almost feel like cutting these in half. I would feel wasteful taking off eye makeup with these because I only need about half the pad. On the other hand, this size would be convenient removing toe nail polish.

I normally buy the larger package at Target, the ones that contain like 200 little pads. These Kleenex pads are far superior to those because they're really low-lint so you can use them near your eyes without getting the dreaded lint caught in your lashes.

I hope that Kleenex makes smaller pads or else I'll stick with my cheapie Target pads.

The Seaweed Bath Co. Body Cream, Lavender
The Seaweed Bath Co. Body Cream, Lavender
Price: $12.99
9 used & new from $10.44

4.0 out of 5 stars Pure ingredients, super soft skin results, July 15, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love the Seaweed Bath Company's Lavender Body Cream. The ingredients are pure, and I feel comfortable having my skin (and my family's)absorb something so natural. My son's skin has some dry areas, and I don't want him using dimethicone and the like. This is perfect for people who care what they're putting on.

I knocked a star off solely for the body cream to take about 5 minutes to fully absorb and dry. That said, once it's absorbed, it's not tacky at all and my skin is SO soft--like super baby soft! The lavender scent is wonderful, it's fragrant without being overwhelming.

I'd definitely get this again, but I'd also love to try and vanilla citrus scent... It's good quality cream.

Weiman 511D Wood Repair Kit For Furniture & Floors,
Weiman 511D Wood Repair Kit For Furniture & Floors,
Price: $15.23

4.0 out of 5 stars Brings New Life to Older Furniture, July 14, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Weiman Wood Repair Kit for Furniture is an affordable--and super easy--way to fix scratched, nicked or plain worn down furniture. The markers seem to dry fairly quickly and are pretty waterproof, which is important for our coffee table. I've attached before and after pictures so you can see how it worked on our table. The dark brown was too light in some spots, so I had to go with the black marker, which was a bit too dark. That said, it still looks way better than before.

When you use it, begin with the lighter color closest to your furniture's color. Go darker if necessary. Wipe off excess with a paper towel (or other low-lint cloth). I mistakenly grabbed a tissue while I was working and it left lint, wiped off easily enough with my paper towel.

I wish there was more shades of markers in here, but I can do a lot with this selection too. For the price, this is a good set and I'd recommend to anyone looking to touch up furniture without major effort.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Lee Women's Easy Fit Jade Jean Legging, Houston, Large
Lee Women's Easy Fit Jade Jean Legging, Houston, Large
Price: $27.90
3 used & new from $27.90

3.0 out of 5 stars and the size large was absolutely fine on me, July 12, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I regularly wear a size 14 and am 5'6", and the size large was absolutely fine on me, although if they were any shorter they'd be "high waters". They just skim my ankles. Here is the size chart on the jeans package:
XS = 0/2
S = 4/6
M = 8/10
L = 12/14
XL = 16/18

Gardener's Hand Healer 2.6 oz, Hand Cream with 20% Shea Butter and 7 plants to help moisturize dry skin
Price: $19.00
8 used & new from $19.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Mimosa, Verbena, Camomile, Marshmallow, Calendula, Lemon Balm and Rosemary... Botanical Wonder, July 11, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I use 6.8oz Working Hands Value Size Jar at night for my tender hands. Before O'Keefs, I had cracked and red skin on my knuckles from frequent hand washing from my job. I love this for nighttime use. However, I don't particularly love it by day, and Le Couvent de Minimes Gardener's Hand Healer works fantastic. It absorbs quickly, leaves your hands smooth and not tacky. The fragrance is so lovely. If you like lemon verbena, you'll love this. It's a combination of Mimosa, Verbena, Camomile, Marshmallow, Calendula, Lemon Balm and Rosemary--smells fantastic. Not too heavy smelling either, it's a light botanical fragrance.

Love this and definitely recommend.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20