Profile for John Schafer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

John Schafer "Schafer Studio" RSS Feed (New Jersey, USA)

Epson Stylus Photo 580 All In One Inkjet Printer
Epson Stylus Photo 580 All In One Inkjet Printer
5 used & new from $89.00

5.0 out of 5 stars So far no problems, May 22, 2007
I've had this all-in-one printer for a few months now, and so far no problems with it. I really good machine for the money: scanner is most excellent, good scan software, fast scans, prints DVDs/CDs very well(must use printable discs), has every interface you could possibly use except bluetooth (this requires an optional module). I've heard it can use up ink rapidly, but I noticed the default print quality settings were a bit high for my typical day to day printing- far higher than is really needed actually. Does Epson set this default up so users have to buy more ink? Truly a good all-in-one printer. Highly recommended.

EXPRESSCARD/34-5:1 Card Reader
EXPRESSCARD/34-5:1 Card Reader

5.0 out of 5 stars fast, works, very reliable, March 16, 2007
Some of the cheaper, "generic" SD cards don't work with this reader. Rippin fast USB 2.0 connection in the cardbus.

Canon Speedlite 580EX Flash for Canon EOS SLR Digital Cameras - Older Version
Canon Speedlite 580EX Flash for Canon EOS SLR Digital Cameras - Older Version
Offered by Best Buy super saver
Price: $699.99
19 used & new from $213.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Must-own for pros and enthusiasts, March 16, 2007
I'm a pro shooter using Canon, and this is their best flash to date. Impressive battery life, esp. with such a short recycle tme, which is also impressive. Has about a stop more power than the 430 EX.

Black and Decker CFV1200 DustBuster 12-Volt Cordless Vacuum
Black and Decker CFV1200 DustBuster 12-Volt Cordless Vacuum

3.0 out of 5 stars needs more battery power, March 16, 2007
While it is a decent mini-vacuum, having a beater bar on it really helps. However, it really could use some more battery power though- only runs with the beater bar on for about 10 minutes before doing dead.

Step-by-Step Digital Photography: A Guide for Beginners
Step-by-Step Digital Photography: A Guide for Beginners
by Jack Drafahl
38 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars All pictures, March 16, 2007
I got this book for my intro to photography classes I've been teaching. My students are mostly moms and dads who simply want to learn the basics of camera operation, functions, settings, and a few techniques. This book was helpful to everyone in my class because it's full of pictures, with just enough words to get the point across. A truly good basic photography book. Highly recommended!

Lowepro Transporter Camera Strap
Lowepro Transporter Camera Strap
Offered by Arden Co. (exclusive distributor of Arden & Shockproof products)
Price: $12.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Won't slip off your shoulder, March 16, 2007
I'm a pro photographer, and the stock pro strap that came with my camera slips off my shoulder so easily, not to mention it's not comfortable at all. This one really holds to my shoulder really well, even with slippery nylon shirts and such. I love Lowepro because they give us pros what we ask for, and this strap is no exception. The nylon clips are great for times when I don't want the strap on or getting into better shooting angles. Memory card storage case on the strap holds 2 cards.

Sandisk Extreme FireWire Reader
Sandisk Extreme FireWire Reader

5.0 out of 5 stars amazingly fast compact flash card reader/writer!, March 16, 2007
Thanks to the new Firewire 800 technology, this reader is the fastest available currently on the market. Rated the best in on-line tests. Build quality is solid as plastic can get, with a nice rubbery bottom pad so it won't slide off surfaces. Comes with Firewire 800 cable and Firewire 400/800 adapter cable so you can use it on a Firewire 400 port if you don't have Firewire 800 on your computer (you will not get the fast speed though).