Profile for HSB150 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

HSB150 RSS Feed

Corsair Vengeance 8GB (1x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Laptop  Memory (CMSX8GX3M1A1600C10)
Corsair Vengeance 8GB (1x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Laptop Memory (CMSX8GX3M1A1600C10)
Price: $79.99
34 used & new from $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars works perfectly, September 16, 2012
I got this in the mail yesterday, installed it almost immediately. and for only about 7 more dollars than I paid for this cheap piece of crap. My laptop is an HP Pavilion DV6. this installed no problems in it, and has definitely boosted my performance. With an Intel Core i5 2450M, and 4 gigabytes of RAM, I was pushing the memory to its limits more than the processor, which shouldn't happen. With such a high-powered processor, I needed a bit of a boost for memory, and this does that perfectly. I haven't done anything supremely resource intensive with it yet, so I don't quite know how great it is, but it's installed and working. I just checked my RAM usage, and simply having Firefox and a few other programs open, and with my Windows display settings set up how they are right now, it would have been using my RAM close to the max if it was still just the other stick. I'll update my review the next time I render a video or try to play a game on Dolphin, or something of that nature, and see how my RAM usage changes during said task(s).

I'd recommend this for anybody that needs more RAM for a recently made laptop that can handle adding 8 gigabytes. this is not too expensive, and works perfectly.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 26, 2013 3:21 PM PDT

Zibra Open-It ZPCOPEN-GZ 5-in-1 Package Opener
Zibra Open-It ZPCOPEN-GZ 5-in-1 Package Opener
Price: $10.62
7 used & new from $7.98

5.0 out of 5 stars cuts through plastic packages no problem, September 9, 2012
I love this package cutter. no more dulling my scissors on plastic clamshell packages. And I use Westcott's Titanium Bonded Scissors. They're the strongest scissors I've ever used. Titanium is three times more dense than steel. I use them for everything, and those plastic packages dulled the blades in the past. this package opener cuts through those packages without a single scratch or any bit of damage on the blades. It's also easy to use. it opens the package much faster than scissors could. The cutters also go through zip ties and a few other frustrating things with ease.

the other things on this are hardly of any use to me. I never have anything I need a bottle opener for, and I have plenty of screwdrivers around the house. I think they're nice to have, just in case, but those are of little use to me, personally. however, I love the box cutter that's built into the other handle. I've used that as much as the cutters.

I would highly recommend this. If nothing else, for the cutters. It makes plastic packages so much easier to deal with. The box cutter, screwdrivers, and bottle opener are also convenient if you need one right away. I think it's just nice to have one of these around, and for about 10 dollars, who wouldn't want one? From what I've seen, most people hate that plastic packaging as much as I do. If you're one of those people, stop ruining your scissors and get one of these. It's worth every penny.

Logitech Wireless Anywhere Mouse MX (Old Version)
Logitech Wireless Anywhere Mouse MX (Old Version)
9 used & new from $27.57

5.0 out of 5 stars best mouse for my laptop, September 9, 2012
I love how tiny the USB is. it fits in my laptop without causing a problem when I put my laptop in its case. I also like how it fits inside the mouse with the battery, for if I ever need to take it out of my laptop for whatever reason. I love the feel of this mouse, and I love the darkfield tracking that lets me use it virtually anywhere. I rarely use the Forward and Back buttons, but it's nice having them there. I like the scroll wheel, but with that comes my only complaint. I sometimes bump my finger into it when on a page, and it's very sensitive. it sometimes scrolls me around when I don't want it to. A standard scroll wheel will hold in place if you don't want to use it. I'm sure I'll adjust to it in time, but for now, that slightly annoys me. with that said, the scroll wheel has also had its uses. scrolling through long pages is a breeze. I also love the pouch this mouse comes with. a little protection and a convenient way to travel with it. this mouse has plenty of advantages over my track pad. the mouse itself is very comfortable to use; much more than a track pad. the shape is perfect. I chose this over the Performance MX because this looks much more portable and more comfortable to hold. this is the best mouse I've ever used. Highly recommended for anyone with a laptop, especially those who hate using track pads. aside from people with glass desks, I personally don't see much purpose to have this with a desktop. It's still a wonderful mouse, for anyone to use, but the practicality of it on a desk is something to question.

Edit: I also found out while playing with the mouse a little bit, if you push the scroll wheel in, it'll lock a certain way, and when it does, it scrolls like a standard mouse wheel, where it has to be clicked on purpose and not just nudged a tiny bit. That makes me love it even more, now that it only hyper scrolls when I want it to.

Seagate Expansion 3 TB USB 3.0 Desktop External Hard Drive STAY3000102
Seagate Expansion 3 TB USB 3.0 Desktop External Hard Drive STAY3000102
Offered by Beach Camera Same Day Shipping
Price: $109.99
2 used & new from $92.00

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 terabyte anchor, September 9, 2012
I love the amount of space this drive has. I love the price I got it for. I hate that I can't travel with it.

I got this right before I got a new laptop. I spent almost 20 dollars trying to find cables for it, so I could use it on the go with said laptop. the first one was off by a fraction of a millimeter. 0.4 mm, to be exact. the next one I got fit, but it wouldn't power the drive through a USB port. evidently, USB as a standard can only carry 5 volts. this hard drive needs 12 volts through its A/C adapter.

When I bought this drive, it was $129. also near the time of purchase, I remember seeing a portable drive with half the capacity for almost twice what I paid for this. This was the economical choice, so I got this instead. this was the economical choice, and rather than exchange this for a 1.5 terabyte drive after I got the laptop, I copy to and from this when I have to.

I love everything about this drive other than the lack of portability. the size and shape are very nice for a drive that holds as much data as this. It's very compact for a 3 terabyte drive.

I would recommend this, just be aware that it's impossible to make this drive travel with you, so you had best be close to an outlet if you'd like to use this drive with a laptop. I have referred to this drive as my 3 Terabyte anchor, because it leaves me attached to a wall outlet when I use it. it would be much easier with a desktop PC, but I manage.

Komputerbay 8GB DDR3 PC3-10600 10666 1333MHz SODIMM 204-Pin Laptop Memory 9-9-9-25 Single 8GB Stick
Offered by Komputerbay
Price: $70.00

1.0 out of 5 stars didn't work for me., September 9, 2012
I installed this in an HP DV6 laptop. It didn't work. the computer acted like it was in sleep mode. all the lights blinked, but it wouldn't turn on, as much as I hit the keys or rolled my finger on the track pad. also different from sleep mode, the light around the track pad was blinking as well. at first, I thought it might have been because I only hibernated the thing to do it. with the thought that Windows trying to immediately restart was messing up the RAM's installation process within the initial boot of the PC, I popped the battery back out, removed the RAM, started it up without the new RAM, shut down Windows, and tried it again. Still didn't work. After another hard reset, I switched channels with it and the stick of RAM I already have in it, to make sure it just wasn't the spot on the motherboard. Still didn't work. Hard reset, I removed the other stick of RAM and used only this one, in both channels at separate times. Still didn't work. with that, I gave up, and I'm going to try to return it. however, I'm a very positive person. and other reviewers said it worked perfectly. This is the only laptop I have ever had, and it's fairly new. my thought is that perhaps, my computer is too advanced for it.

I would not recommend this, not only because of my experience, but also because I found the same 8GB DDR3 RAM sticks from much more known brands, such as Crucial and Kingston, and only for a few dollars more than this. Crucial is also used by Mac users, and Macbooks are very picky with which RAM sticks it accepts.

T-Shirt -Orange Dragon Ball Z - Kame Symbol,X-Large
T-Shirt -Orange Dragon Ball Z - Kame Symbol,X-Large
Offered by New York Fashion Police
Price: $17.95
21 used & new from $12.59

4.0 out of 5 stars love the design; be very careful washing it, July 15, 2012
I love having a little more color in my wardrobe. this is the brightest article of clothing in my dresser. the design is one of the most clever and creative ones I have ever seen. this shirt will only be recognized by other Dragon Ball fans. to people oblivious to the fandom, it's just an orange shirt with Japanese-looking symbols on it. I love how simple it is, and yet it's my only shirt with a design on the back.

I was very upset when the design horribly faded after one wash. I followed the washing instructions, but my dryer gets stuck sometimes. the excess heat must have ruined it, because it says "do not iron" as part of the instructions. you can still see it, but it's faded as bad as some shirts I've had for years. for this product to look as amazing as it does when it arrives, and last a long time, others looking at this should be aware of that. I would suggest that you don't wash this shirt along with large loads of laundry that will take longer to dry. and if your dryer isn't nice, in any way, like how mine's timer sticks and leaves the machine on longer, hang it to dry instead. it'll be worth doing if it saves the symbols on the shirt from fading. none of my other shirts require such gentle care, so I wasn't prepared. hopefully my review will help some other people to keep their shirts in pristine condition longer.

knowing what I know now, I will probably eventually get another one of these and make sure I'm extra careful with it. I do love the shirt, and I would like to have it not be so faded.

Wii MotionPlus
Wii MotionPlus
Offered by Fat Owls
Price: $39.99
42 used & new from $6.09

5.0 out of 5 stars the accessory even makes regular games smoother, July 3, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Wii MotionPlus (Accessory)
the accessory makes games not optimized with Wii Motion Plus feel a little bit smoother as well. i'd recommend that anyone considering getting this who doesn't have a Wii Remote Plus or this accessory on one of their remotes already should get at least one to see how it is. there's a noticeable difference in control with games that don't utilize it as well, but ones that do are much better. it's so much more precise. i'd like to eventually get one for all three of my old style remotes. for now, i only need the one to play The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.

Universal Silicone Keyboard Protector Skin for Laptop Notebook
Universal Silicone Keyboard Protector Skin for Laptop Notebook
Offered by Try Our Best
Price: $1.70
27 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful product - great quality, July 3, 2012
the material is fantastic, and the visibility through it is great, too. however, this is likely designed for a 13 or 14 inch laptop, because my laptop is a 15.6 inch one, and it doesn't reach across the entire keyboard. if they made a larger one, i would definitely order one again to have it cover the entire thing. a negative point is that if you don't be careful the first time putting it on, it will get a little smudgy. doesn't make a difference with clarity, though. another great point is that if it's really bad, you can take it off and rinse it, or wipe it off, depending on what's on it.

m&m's Crispy Maxi 1pcs
m&m's Crispy Maxi 1pcs

5.0 out of 5 stars hated that these are no longer in America. loved that they're available here through Germanshop24., July 2, 2012
This review is from: m&m's Crispy Maxi 1pcs (Grocery)
i've always loved Crispy M&M's. in 2005 when they disappeared, i was very upset. a few years later, i found out they were still available in Europe and Australia, and a few other places. to this day i wonder why they won't sell them here anymore. for a long time, i was doing research hoping they'd come back to the United States. around early 2011 there was a rumor that they'd be back, but then the pretzel M&M's were released, as an obvious replacement. blue bag, orange mascot. those are good, too, but not as good as the Crispy ones were.

i love that they're now available here through Amazon and Germanshop24. Amazon makes a simple transaction, allowing me to purchase everything from one site. the shipping didn't take nearly as long as expected. i got them 10 days before the earlier estimated date. some would say the cost is a bit much, especially since shipping costs a little less than the item itself. considering that i haven't had these in 7 years and they were my favorite kind of M&M's when they were here, i think it's worth getting a bag every now and then. it's cheaper than going to Germany or Australia and getting them there. as an occasional treat, i'll enjoy having these be available.

they taste better than i remembered. i believe anyone who loved Crispy M&M's before they were removed from America and lives here will find it to be worth the price. i also believe anyone who hasn't tried these is missing out on something really great. i'd say this bag is the perfect size for its price. i've seen slightly bigger ones on other sites with twice the shipping cost. 308 grams with 17 dollar shipping? i don't think so. i'd rather get these here. less hassle and much cheaper to ship, even considering the increase in weight for the larger bag.

my only truly negative comment on this is that the picture makes it look like a huge bag and i'm horrible at the Metric system, so i was expecting a bigger bag. it's still a decent side, but there should be a ratio to American measurements somewhere in the description for those of us who can't convert stuff to Metric. i'm more at fault, for i judged it by appearance rather than researching it, finding a unit converter online, etc. however, i'm sure many people will make a similar miscalculation.

in all, i love that this product is here. because of the price to import it, it won't be something i get very often, but it's definitely worth an occasional addition. i love the idea of having these as a treat. every once in a while, i'll add it to my other purchases, whether it's a special occasion or simply a craving for one of the most brilliant confectioneries i've had in my lifetime.

Plush Sable Ferret 8"
Plush Sable Ferret 8"

5.0 out of 5 stars cute ferret!, June 28, 2012
This review is from: Plush Sable Ferret 8" (Toy)
i got this ferret for my girlfriend as an anniversary present. she loves ferrets. she says "it's soft and cuddly and it's the size of a real small ferret." her cat has played with it, put it in his mouth and it's still okay, so it's very durable. and the "educational" value is in the tag, where she tells me it has facts about ferrets on it.