Profile for D. Blankenship > Reviews

Helpful Votes: 21938

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D. Blankenship RSS Feed (The Ozarks)
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Uniprod Men's Stainless Steel Quartz Sport Round Watch Water Resistant Wrist Watch (Black)
2 used & new from $13.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking and affordable watch., May 5, 2015
I like watches and clocks. I am a bit of a time freak and have been collecting the things for years. I am embarrassed to tell you what I paid for the two current watches I wear on a daily basis as it sort of obscene. Be that as it may, as I said, I like watches. The one being reviewed here, for the price, is a very nifty time piece.

This thing is heft and as a matter of fact I would classify it as heavy. It is an attractive watch and I have had it running now for over two weeks. It does loose a bit of time...like as in a minute or two minutes over a 48 hour period which is pretty good when you stack it up against watches in this price range.

Do not that if you have thin wrists that you are going to have to remove some links. The thing fit me fine. Do not also that the two little buttons at the side of the stem are for cosmetic purposes only. They really do not do anything other than make the watch look cooler...it that happens to be your thing.

This is an ideal watch to have stashed about the place to act as a spare and it would make a great gift for - sort of a stocking stuffer. Hey, this thing is heavy enough that if worse came to worse you could always use it a defensive weapon. I am not sure how long it will last but it is so well built that I doubt, baring some major abuse, that it will actually break.

Delighted with this thing....very attractive.

FaSoLa Portable Folding UV Protection Sunblock Umbrella Pink with Yellow Dots
FaSoLa Portable Folding UV Protection Sunblock Umbrella Pink with Yellow Dots
Offered by FaSoLa
Price: $24.90
2 used & new from $16.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, sturdy and gets the job done, May 2, 2015
This is a simple everyday sort of umbrella. It is the sort of umbrella my wife keeps in the car for those `just in case' times when you are in the middle of the parking lot and it starts to rain.

The umbrella is a tri-fold and breaks down to just a wee bit over 10 inches long. It is well made and sturdy and is wonderful for not only keeping the rain off, but also keeping the sun off if so desired.

Unfolded it is your standard sized umbrella. I think what makes this one stand apart is that it is very well made and sturdy. Now don't get me wrong...I will not hold up in a 40 mile per hour wind storm or anything like that, but it will most certainly get the job done during rational weather.

To be honest I really have no complaints about this product so have absolutely noting to whine about...only praise.

Product was furnished for review purposes and testing.

The Ozarks

Gosin 48W/9.6A 4-Port Smart USB Car Charger with Smart Technology for iPhone 4 4S,iPhone 5 5S,iPhone 6 6plus,iPad and iPad Air,Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge,Nexus,HTC M9,Motorola,Blackberry,Nokia and Other USB Mobile Devices (Black-Golden)
Offered by Gosin Online
Price: $14.99
3 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and performs percisely for what it was made. Impressive!, May 2, 2015
With all of the electronic devices available to day and indeed, all the electronic devices most families own and use these days, the time for such a device such as this has arrived. I have to tell you that this is one of the most handy and useful of all such gadgets I now own.

I always have some trepidation as to new things such as this but I must say that the fretting on my part was a waste of time. This little charger does precisely what it says it will do and it does it quite well. It is extremely well built and the product description is absolutely spot-on.

When you have a car filled with grandsons, relatives and friends (and yourself, I might add) and everyone seems to need something charged - phones, tablets, games, etc., it is so nice not to have to wait in line and go through the "I'm first' arguments.

This thing is simplicity itself and to be honest, simple is always best.

I highly recommend this and plan to purchase more for gifts.

Product provided for testing and review.

Raqpak Travel Duffel Bag Foldable Black
Raqpak Travel Duffel Bag Foldable Black
Offered by LaRoyal
Price: $50.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely useful travel bag and is well made, May 2, 2015
This review is from: Raqpak Travel Duffel Bag Foldable
This is one of the most innovative travel bags I have come across. I fear to tell you though that I no longer have it. My youngest grandson, when football season is out, is a wrestler and a tennis player and is on his H.S. teams. He took one look at this thing and it was gone. It is the perfect travel bag for that young man. I have never seen a human being that drags so much stuff around. It works perfectly for this wrestling and his tennis...uniforms, clothing, head gear, shoes...never ending shoes, water and well...junk! He is absolutely delighted with it.

What is nice about this thing is that when he is not using it, it folds up into a very small size and you can place it is the zipper bag it comes in and it takes up very, very little room in his car. This, for him, is important as I am quite sure there are a number of lost civilizations wondering about in that car of him and he needs all the room he can get.

The travel bag is well made with good stitching and good material...very strong and very durable. While most certainly not completely water proof, it is absolutely water resistant and with an occasional spraying with that water resistant spray that comes in a can, the resistance improves even more.

The bag is attractive in its simplicity and holds a tremendous amount of gear. The cost here is extremely reasonable for what you are getting.

This gear bag most certainly deserves the five stars I am giving it.

Product provided for testing and review.

Tool Set Includes All Household Tools & 565 Assorted Screw Set by SYM Tools
Tool Set Includes All Household Tools & 565 Assorted Screw Set by SYM Tools
Offered by Quality Stays
Price: $99.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A lot of useful and functional tools in this one for very little money, ergo, the five stars, May 2, 2015
I always have some trepidation and sort of look with a jaundice eye at "tool sets" such as the one being reviewed here - in particular ones that are sold in this price range. What you usually get is a cheap cloth bag with a bunch of junk in it that is near useless.

I have to tell you though that I was very, very pleasantly surprised when I received this set! Of the sets I have owned over the years (family and friends have always felt that they make wonderful gifts for someone like me), I have to tell you that this is the best I have found so far.

Now let me speak of the overall quality of the tools here. Common sense will tell you that for this price you will not be receiving top of the line equipment. As an example; the hammer in this set is nice and it is most certainly function...it will do the job it was made to do. In my workshop I have a framing hammer (one of about ten different hammers I own) that sells for over $200.00. There is no way the hammer in this set is equal to that tool! The same hold true with the other. The wrench set is great in this set is great, as are the pliers and cutters, for small jobs around the house or apartment, but it in no way compares to the wench sets I have that cost....well, I am embarrassed to tell you what I paid for some of those things.

Anyway...

To do get a nice selection of tools in this kit (read the product description...it is quite accurate), and it is a great starter set for the new home owner who wants the basic tools available to make minor (and some not so minor) repairs about the house. No, you will not be able to construct a house, build a barn or completely reroof your home, nor will you be able to rebuild that antique car that has been setting in your shed for the last 30 years, but that is not what this set was made for.

This comes with a generous selection of 14 different size screws. The canvas carrying and storage bag is almost worth the price of the entire set if you were to purchase it separately...I like it.

As I examined this bag and used some of the tools I could not help remembering my mother who lived on her own for a number of years. This would have been an ideal set for her...well actually; it would have been an ideal set for her even when my father was alive because I don't think the man could even hammer a small tack straight and I am not real sure he knew how to handle a screwdriver...bless his heart. This would have been a very useful item for her to have in the home.

Good basic, no nonsense tools and a very, very low price...you most certainly get your monies worth on this one.

Product was provided for testing and reviewing purposes.

The Ozarks

Mystic Ayurveda Healing Crystals - 7 Polished, Engraved Stones to Balance Chakras like Acupuncture. Holistic Health Care Products
Offered by Love Park Products
Price: $17.73
2 used & new from $17.73

5.0 out of 5 stars A very nice set of the seven basic Chakra stones, May 2, 2015
This is the fourth set of Chakra stones I have owned and in my possession. Being a collector of `things' I find these little things fascinating. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Chakras, the are small colored stones with symbols etched on each. Each is a different and specific color. They are healing stones used in several Eastern Religions.

Folks who purchase these stones are often surprised at the small size. The stones being reviewed here are approximately 29x25x6 mm. They are in the traditional colors and total seven. They are shipped in a small black cloth bag with a drawstring.

The engraving on these particular stones is most certainly satisfactory. I have seen better but then those were much, much more expensive then these. All in all I am pleased with the job. These stones are uniform in size and weight an upon close examination with a rather powerful magnifying glass I was unable to find and small cracks or splits. (When you purchase such items they should always be closely examined.

The only comment I would have is that it would have been nice to have had a small booklet or sheet explaining what each symbol means and what it is meant for. This would be nice for those who are unfamiliar with Chakra Stones. You need no fear though, a quick google search will supply you with tons of information and additional sources for even more if you with.

These stones of course are used by some for healing meditation purposes. I am most certainly not going to get into a discussion as to their effectiveness here in this review, but I will tell you that I have two friends who have been using them for years and they both swear by them. Myself...hey, I am just a collector of all things which are a bit different...I am delighted with these.

Product supplied for review purposes.

The Ozarks

Sportly Beach Cup Holders - Set of 6 - Keep Your Drinks Standing, Sand Free and Cooler for a Long Time
Offered by Love Park Products
Price: $26.57
2 used & new from $26.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Five stars for innovation and usefulness, April 30, 2015
This is yet another of those products that you don't know you need or want until you actually get them and give them a try. This is also one of those products that have so many uses that you are only limited my necessity and your imagination.

These are semi-pliable plastic cups with a spike on the bottom. They are quite hardy and can take a lot of abuse. They are for setting in the sand or dirt or gravel and you can place your drink or can of drink in them without the fear of having it fall over. They do indeed, as the product description states, keep your drinks colder but it should be noted that they are not insulated.

This is a set of six in very bright colors and are quite attractive.

They are great for fishing on the bank of a river, lake or pond. When I take the younger set out for pan fish fishing, I actually give each their own spike cup to carry their bait in...worms, liver, chopped fish....what ever we happen to be using that day. They work quite well for that and I do not have to walk back and forth and up and down the bank distributing bait all day.

These are simply one of those items that make living just a bit easier when you are outside. Like I said, they are sturdy and should last a long, long time. The bright colors help in keeping an eye on them so they will not be lost. The pack well and take up little space.

Product furnished for testing and review.

CZ Luxxe Jewelry White Sapphire Cubic Zirconia Tennis Bracelet
CZ Luxxe Jewelry White Sapphire Cubic Zirconia Tennis Bracelet
Offered by Beach Camera Same Day Shipping

5.0 out of 5 stars A very beautiful bracelet and a very reasonable price., April 30, 2015
Absolutely beautiful! I must admit to you that my wife has two very nice tennis bracelets with real diamonds...they are lovely. But my goodness, this bracelet being reviewed here does glimmer and shine. No, no one is going to look at it and say "wow, nice diamonds," but that is not really is the point. Attractiveness is, and this one is nice. She has been delighted with it.

The bracelet is well made and the clasp is very well constructed and unless abused in some manner I suspect it will last for a goodly long time.

There is a section that can be removed quite easily if the wrist it is go go on is slender.

For the cost you are receiving a very nice looking tennis bracelet and if it should happen to break and or be lost in some fashion I don't see myself nor my wife hurling ourselves under any buses due to the cost.

I like it, but more importantly, my wife likes it.

Product furnished for review purposes.

The Ozarks

SUNROLAN New Life Leisure Canvas Sackpack Unisex Rucksack Backpack Closed With Metal Hook QS1138Khaki
Offered by Sunrolan
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars So many uses...and I got to admit, it looks good!, April 30, 2015
This canvas rucksack/backpack has a lot going for it; the least not being is its versatility. The uses for this nice bag are more or less limited to your needs and/or imagination. The material, 30% Nylon and 70% canvas gives the strength and a great deal of water resistance. While it is not water proof, per se, it most certainly is water resistant and if you get a can of the water repellent spray stuff you are in even better shape.

This is actually a small duffel bag with shoulder straps. It has a small zipper pouch inside for papers and small stuff but the main compartment is quite open and you can stuff a tremendous amount of stuff into it. The top is closed with a metal clip which runs through all the metal lined holes and then is fastened my a snap. This actually works quite well and is easy to open and shut while at the same time securing your stuff quite well.

I plan to use this pack for short day trips as it will hold adequate food, mater, emergency kit, notebooks and all the other semi-useless stuff I usually pack along "just in case." It is extremely comfortable and as I said, it is amazing just how much stuff you can stuff into this thing.

The shoulder straps are padded but not to the point that they look silly and get into the way. It has a strap attached to the side that you can carry it with if you so desire.

The bag is quite well made with excellent stitching and is lined with a smooth type of material.

The bag looks good as is but it is the kind of bag that will look even better as it ages and gets a bit of travel wear to it.

This is an excellent rucksack that will meet many needs. This is most certainly a five star item.

Product furnished for testing and review.

The Ozarks

G4Free® Sport Outdoor Travel Waist Pack Hiking Fanny Pack Tactical bag Fishing Tackles Waist Pack(Black)
Offered by G4Free
Price: $25.99
2 used & new from $25.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well made and has many, many uses., April 30, 2015
This tactical pack is a bit different that several of the others I own. The difference lies in the fact that you can configure it to be carried across the shoulder or, if you wish, as a "fanny pack." The choice is yours.

Now I own and use four of these `tactical bags." Each is different; different conformations, different materials and different sizes. The Tactical Bag being reviewed here is of slightly lighter material than my other bags...which is good in this case. The reason for this is that I use them for different purposes and at different times. Some of the bags I own are smaller than this; some are larger...again, depends upon what I need them for.

This one, unlike yet another I own and use for birding, etc., will be used as a kit bag when I go to practice at the firing range. I love target shooting with my pistols.

I am now old and have found it prudent to carry as little as possible. Hey, even with this smaller about of stuff in this one pack I am still hauling around my bins and often times a camera and camera gadget bag...that all adds up you know and I won't even go into what is involved if I need to carry a scope and tripod. There are plenty of small side pocket and rings to hold a clip things to.

This bag is well made; the stitching is good and it has very strong zippers installed.

It I should decide to use this thing for my birding. it allows, and has plenty of room, for two of my primary field guides, notebooks, pencils, a small sketch pad, water bottle and a couple of small containers of medications I always keep with me. It has a place for my cell phone; something I hate with a passion but am required to carry because my wife insists, and a bit of room to spare for my pipe and tobacco it I so choose to haul them along (as if I wouldn't).

This bag is well made and the material is tough. It is camouflage which I prefer as it does not standout as much as a brighter color would and besides that, green is my favorite color. While I doubt if you could load it with rocks and sink it into a pond or river and have no leaks, it is quite water resistant. A nice feature it does have is that on the inside of the main chamber of the bag is an attached (non-removable) bag with a draw string to give my bird books extra protection if I should be caught in a rain storm.

The pack is well padded and has a well padded adjustable strap which is quite comfortable either on a single shoulder or across the chest and back. There are a total of 10 different compartments in this thing of various sizes and for various purposes. And yes, it does hold a mini iPad.

This is an excellent and functional bag. I have no complaints.

Product provided for test and review.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20