Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 157

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (Rhode Island)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour Amethyst
Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour Amethyst
Offered by bluemercury, Inc.
Price: $26.00
3 used & new from $26.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Throw away your old eyeliner, this one does Everything., June 18, 2014
I couldn't find the right subtle eyeliner til a salesgirl at Blue Mercury recommended this one in the Khaki color. You apply it with a fine brush of your choice, The look is subtle, non-glittery, but can stand out for evening wear depending on the color you choose and how you apply it. It's not a pencil, it's a kind of soft wax (for want of a better word) that goes on smooth and lasts longer then powder or pencil.

Since I'm a brunette with brown eyes, I chose the khaki color, which is so subtle you can't tell it's not brown, but it does provide a subtle contrast. Oddly enough it looks more natural on me than most of the browns I've tried, but that will depend on your coloring. It also looks great as contrast eye shadow in the crease of your eyelid, I've even used it on my eyebrows in a pinch.

Zoya Matte Dovima Nail Polish - In Gift Box
Zoya Matte Dovima Nail Polish - In Gift Box
Offered by LiquidationRus
Price: $18.77
2 used & new from $18.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Really cool matte dark gray, May 16, 2014
The Zoya polishes avoid certain toxins (see the web site) which seem to be particularly bad for pregnant women. So if that is important to you, you'll want to pay the extra for this nail polish. (see below for toxins avoided). I didn't find it longer lasting than any other polish, but I thought the result of the two Zoya matte colors I tried was quite elegant. The Dovima color and finish made me feel truly grand. Dovima is pretty dark gray, almost black, so you have to be willing to have that look. Still I found it gray enough to look adult, not goth.

I paired Dovima with the third finger done in Zoya Matte Velvet Nail Polish LE (red) which was also super expensive. All said, if you're willing to pay for this and you don't have another favorite matte polish, I'd at least try it once. There are a lot of colors and many of them are carried on Amazon.

Zoya nailpolish blogspot.com says: Zoya Nail Polish is Big5Free, which means the formula is free of nasty chemicals like Formaldehyde, Formaldehyde Resin, Dibutyl Phthalate, Toluene and Camphor.

Clarks Clarks Women's Dunbar Racer Casual Gold Loafers 11 W
Clarks Clarks Women's Dunbar Racer Casual Gold Loafers 11 W
Offered by ShoeMall
Price: Click here to see our price

4.0 out of 5 stars over long in length, wide at the arch, and a little too tight in the toe box., May 16, 2014
I was hoping these loafers at 11W would provide a magic fit. But for me, they were just too wide in the arch and too wide in the toe. Everyone's different, but that was my fitting experience.

They look nice enough for the price. You could get away with wearing them to a casual office with the right pants. The gold goes great with green and beige. I am not returning them cause I am hoping to get some use out of them during the summer despite the less than perfect fit.

Prestige Total Intensity Long Wearing Eye Liner, Intense Olive Green, 0.04-Ounce (Pack of 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Love this color!, May 1, 2014
I love this intense, slightly glittery green to accent my brown eyes. My only quibble with this pencil, and it's the reason I gave it only four stars instead of five, is that it is impossible to sharpen to the precise point you get when you first use it. I guess the pencil is just too soft. I will try putting it in the freezer before I sharpen it, and hope to have better results to report!

Glamorise Women's Double-Layer Custom-Control Sport Bra
Glamorise Women's Double-Layer Custom-Control Sport Bra
Price: $24.76 - $62.62

5.0 out of 5 stars This bra is a game changer, May 1, 2014
I can jump again! This bra is the best sports bra I have yet experienced. Now...about sizing...After reading all the reviews of this, I tried taking my measurements and sticking exactly to the guidelines. However, I found myself with a bandsize that was too tight for me to get on, unless I hooked it in front and then turned it around to the back. So what I did to get a better fit was to go down a cup size and up a band size. Remember, the reason this bra works is because it doesn't stretch all that easily...so the band may seem stiffer than what you're used to.

I don't know if this sizing procedure will work for everyone...so be prepared to experiment and possibly return a bra until you get it right for you. If you do though, it will be worth it as this bra offers serious bounce protection!

Glamorise Women's Plus-Size No Bounce Full Support Sport Bra, Black/Pink, 44G
Glamorise Women's Plus-Size No Bounce Full Support Sport Bra, Black/Pink, 44G
Price: $19.13
3 used & new from $19.13

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as Glamorise Women's Double-Layer Custom-Control Sport Bra, May 1, 2014
I tried and loved the Glamorise Women's Double-Layer Custom-Control Sport Bra, so thought I'd try this one as well since I liked the colors. However, if you're looking to stop bounce for exercising, this model doesn't come close to the double-Layer model, which is only a little more expensive than this model. So...if you've been disappointed in this model, try the double-layer model. It might work for you! This bra is comfortable, and I sometimes wear it around the house or for yoga or under a low cut black v neck, but it won't work for serious exercise.

Note on size: After ordering the Double Layer size based strictly on my measurements, I found the band size too tight. I therefore went down a cup size and up a band size for the perfect fit. The No Bounce Full Support Bra, on the other hand, had a very large band size. Even the cup size that I had gone down too seemed a little big. I guess the single layer is just that much stretchier? So if you're ordering this bra try to go down a size and you might get a better fit.

Bloody Brain Headpiece Costume Accessory
Bloody Brain Headpiece Costume Accessory
Offered by Toynk Toys
Price: $7.91
3 used & new from $5.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless and keeps falling off, January 2, 2014
This review is from: Bloody Brain Headpiece (Toy)
This headpiece doesn't look as convincing as it does in the picture. You have to tie the white and red cottong band around the bottom of the brains skull cap, and the whole thing just doesn't want to stay on your head. This item looks good on line but in person it's a waste of money.

Benjamin Moore Affinity Fan Deck
Benjamin Moore Affinity Fan Deck
Offered by Avenue Wholesale
Price: $28.99
2 used & new from $28.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun way to get your inspiration, October 14, 2013
This review is from: Benjamin Moore Affinity Fan Deck
This is a great deck, mostly in the fact that you can actually move the colors because each panel is waxy, as opposed to the always crumpling paper panels in the full deck. Beware, however, most of these colors are complex and some are quite dark. The affinity selection is not for everyone, but it can serve as a great basis for inspiration.

Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil Soft Brunette (BNIB)
Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil Soft Brunette (BNIB)
Offered by AlwaysTheLowest
Price: $44.00
4 used & new from $44.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Expensive at Amazon, October 13, 2013
This pencil sells for thirty two plus six shipping from Sephora. This difference seems a bit extreme and forty-nine too much to charge for a pencil that will wear out pretty quickly.

Angela's Last Resort (BDSM Erotica)
Angela's Last Resort (BDSM Erotica)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not even remotely sexy. At least for me., October 10, 2013
This book provides a sort of sneering look into the systematic and PERMANENT deformation of a woman, changed into an unsexy carnival clown. To me it's just a catalog of ugly and weird. It might be your thing but buyer beware, it's hard to unread it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16