Profile for Kendall Gator > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kendall Gator RSS Feed

NCAA Florida Gators Man Cave Flag with 4 Grommets, 3 x 5-Feet
NCAA Florida Gators Man Cave Flag with 4 Grommets, 3 x 5-Feet
Price: $15.74
16 used & new from $14.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, March 5, 2014
This flag is a great size and the quality is amazing. The price is unbelievable and it is easily worth $50.

E-Z Ink Remanufactured Ink Cartridge Replacement For HP 74XL CB336WN & 75XL CB338WN (3 Black, 2 Color)
Offered by E-z ink
Price: $19.95
2 used & new from $19.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Some did not work, February 26, 2014
Out of 5 cartridges, only 3 worked and one of the three that did work did not have a lot of ink in it. At the price point, it is still worth it but I would think that all 5 should work.

Nine Stars Touchless Automatic Motion Sensor Trash Can, Set of 2
Nine Stars Touchless Automatic Motion Sensor Trash Can, Set of 2
Price: $68.93
20 used & new from $68.93

1.0 out of 5 stars Dented can (now not working), August 31, 2013
I love the look of the trash can, but unfortunately it came in dented. The smaller can is shipped inside of the larger one and both are in a box from the manufacturer. Amazon then put mine inside one of Amazon's brown boxes and should have insulated the box better. This can is big and reboxing it and shipping it back would be more of a hassle than living with the dent. If you can find this locally, you may want to go that route.

Update:
After deciding to live with the dented can, after 23 days it is no longer working. The buttons on the outside work for open and close, but it no longer automatically works and will not auto close after you press the open button. I would NOT recommend Nine Star for this type of garbage can. Go with ITouchless instead.

Canon PowerShot D20 12.1 MP CMOS Waterproof Digital Camera with 5x Image Stabilized Zoom 28mm Wide-Angle Lens a 3.0-Inch LCD and GPS Tracking (Blue)
Offered by EcoCommerce
Price: $249.12
34 used & new from $184.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great camera, May 9, 2012
We ordered this camera the day it came out. Of course they lowered the price $20 two days later, but it is still a very good value for what you get. This camera is replacing a Sony Cybershot that also was a 12MB camera. The reason we decided to go with this camera is because we found that having a good camera and a separate camcorder was becoming cumbersome. This camera gives you an all-in-one advantage as it is a good quality point and shoot camera as well as an HD video camera and it is rugged and waterproof. I also recommend getting a Sandisk Extreme Card for this camera because those cards have the speed to handle Full HD video. We went with the 32GB version just to make sure we had plenty of space. Also buy extra batteries!! You can also find an inexpensive (under $4) HDMI Mini to HDMI cable to hook this camera up directly to your TV to showcase your HD footage.

If you are looking for a very high quality camera, you will never get that in a point and shoot which this is. If you are looking for good quality pictures, this camera will meet those needs. If you are looking to shoot an academy award winning movie, once again this is not the right choice for you. This camera is for the everyday user that wants to have good pictures and HD video in one place. This is perfect for families and it can go in the pool, to the beach, and can still be handled by a toddler as it can handle some abuse. You can get a much better camera (with 20x+ optical zoom versus 5x) for the same price without the waterproof feature so make sure that is what you are looking for. Being able to take it anywhere was our number one feature.

Features we loved:
--Waterproof and Rugged
--Full HD Video (also allows you to zoom while recording which most cameras do not allow)
--Has a good look to it (some of the competitors have a very boxy look)

Features that could have been done better (why it is 4 stars instead of 5):
--The camera has a place for the strap on the left side. They intended that to be for the shoulder strap, but the screw in handle strap attachment made for the lower right side is very awkward. In other words, I have always had my camera strapped to my right hand and now I need to get used to strapping it to my left hand. They should have had a built it strap loop on each side.
--They put the on/off button, picture taking button, and playback button lined up all on the top side of the camera. Be prepared to line up that perfect shot, but miss it because you hit the playback button instead of the picture taking button. The playback button should have been on the back side of the camera.
--The camera is quite big for a point and shoot. It does not bother me, but this is not going to fit into a tiny purse or your back pocket.

ASUS ML239H 23-Inch LED Monitor (Black)
ASUS ML239H 23-Inch LED Monitor (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars ASUS ML239H 23-Inch LED Monitor (Black), June 3, 2011
This is a newer item and I was apprehensive to buy it without more reviews, but after doing as much research as possible I went ahead and got this monitor. TN screen technology is old, but it still leads the market because most people are focusing on the wrong numbers. The response time on monitors used to be very critical. That was back in the day when 14ms+ monitors caused ghosting. Once you get below 8ms, there is very little most users will notice. Once you get to 5ms, like this monitor has you not notice an improvement going to 2ms.

What you will notice, however, is the difference between a TN and IPS screens. IPS is the best monitor technology available right now and it is quite expensive. This monitor is not true IPS, but it is in a class called e-IPS. With IPS you get incredible viewing angles and much richer colors. I have had this monitor for two days now and I am blown away. The colors are true and makes any TN screen I have used in the past look bland.

There are definitely better monitors out there, especially when you get into true IPS technology. In order to get those, however, you will be spending $400 at the minimum. At $200, this monitor cannot be beat. I know there are nice Viewsonics that are in this price range, but you are paying for the name and getting old TN technology out there. The ASUS ML239H 23-Inch LED Monitor is in the ranks as some of the Dell UltraSharps that run twice as much. My biggest concern was do I spend $200 on this monitor or go with a larger TN screen for around the same money. Now that I have it set up, 23 inches is plenty and I made the right choice.

My order from Amazon came in perfectly. The outside box was beaten up a little, but it was packaged in such a way that the inside box was mint and the monitor was in perfect condition. There were no dead pixels and everything is great. As far as the stand, I do not agree with the other reviewer. If you have cheap desk, anything will wobble that sits on it. I have a normal computer desk and use my keyboard one foot away from the screen and I get zero wobble. The touch buttons could be more responsive, but they work just fine.

If you hook his monitor up using HDMI, which I recommend, just note that it is pre-programmed to run on VGA so when I set it up it kept saying no VGA connection. If you press the button to the left of the power button, that toggles the VGA and HDMI inputs and that did the trick perfectly. There was no documentation to do that, but I figured it out.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 4, 2011 6:24 PM PDT