ARRAY(0x94ed89a8)

Customer Reviews: 23

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ronizetti RSS Feed (Indianapolis, IN United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Xpand X104LX2 YOUniversal 3D Glasses, Large (White)
Xpand X104LX2 YOUniversal 3D Glasses, Large (White)
Offered by Erwin Comp
Price: $66.95
19 used & new from $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best I've found to date, November 17, 2013
The best fitting 3D glasses I've found to fit over prescription glasses without discomfort or vision distortion. Worked exceptionally well, providing clear, detailed 3D from my Samsung t.v. - Not cheap, but if you've used the cheap ones you can appreciate why one should purchase a quality 3D eyewear. I bought a second pair I was so happy with their performance. I would suggest if your eye easily strays, stay away from the white version, you may find yourself viewing the frames of the glasses instead of the picture; the black are less intrusive.

Verdi: Un Ballo In Maschera [Blu-ray]
Verdi: Un Ballo In Maschera [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Pisapia
Price: $17.99
28 used & new from $10.38

3.0 out of 5 stars Bravo Maestro Chailly, November 17, 2013
It may be very difficult to look beyond the staging / costumes to find enjoyment out of this Blu-Ray edition of Un Ballo. However, I suggest a listen for I have never heard the opera conducted finer than here by Riccardo Chailly. He has a command and understanding of Verdi which in my opinion has rarely been matched. I can't say anything stellar about the individual performances, all singers are serviceable - I didn't care for the soprano as much as previous reviewers and while a committed performance, the Ulrica didn't quite have the vocal goods the role requires. I, too, as one viewer pointed out was impressed by the smaller roles, that of the conspirators were exceptionally well sung and cast. I must point to the conspirator scene where Renato's name is drawn to have the honor of committing the deed - listen to the entire scene and the taught conducting bringing out colors and urgency in this score, I've never heard so meticulously illustrated - Oddly enough, this is the scene I usually yawn at - it here is the highlight of the disc. Bravo Maestro Chailly! - after one viewing, you may only wish to 'listen' to it, but again, it's worth a listen!

Nutcracker & The Mouse King [Blu-ray]
Nutcracker & The Mouse King [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Tchaikovsky
Offered by Classical Music Superstore
Price: $20.79
43 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully Resurrected Chestnut, January 17, 2013
I can't believe this performance only has one review ~ it should have hundreds ... all glowing. While my passion for ballet has never dimmed, long, long ago had my desire to see yet another Nutcracker ~ I do not know what possessed me to purchase this video; perhaps the previous excellent review or the notion of a dutch update. Am I ever glad that I did. This production is simply breathtakingly beautiful, charming and sincere. No changes that make any true alteration to the story, but changes that actually make one think a little deeper ... the Land of Sweets may appeal to children, but honestly that syrupy sweetness stood in the way of many a good Nutcracker production. I can't speak enough of the beauty of the set design and direction, both in their simplicity and ability to evoke a familiarity that draws one in ... genius work! The early frozen canal and skating interlude / entrance stands out as a highlight as does it's simple begining set in a bathroom (!? - it was touchingly sweet) - everything just works. The dancing is superb, all leads even down to the mouse king exceptional - the conducting masterful, delicate and sincere - I'm not sure I've ever heard it's score played better - I think it also a compliment to it's unique staging and direction that lends one to better 'hear' the story. The High-Def filming and sound are superbly mastered, making it's viewing even more the treat. As someone who in most every aspect possible is a traditionalist, I can't recommend this production more heartedly. Before last night I mostly likely would have told you I'd never sit down and watch the Nutcracker again ... Now I can tell you, this will be coming out every year at Christmastime (or St. Nicholas Eve) to set the mood for the season. I adored it. I believe you will as well.

Belkin Striped Cover / Case with Stand for Apple iPad mini (Gravel)
Belkin Striped Cover / Case with Stand for Apple iPad mini (Gravel)
Price: Click here to see our price
16 used & new from $20.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the Trick, November 10, 2012
Can't say anything negative about this product. I've only had it about a week but it has served it's purpose just fine. At purchase of my iPad mini choices were slim to nonexistent for covers/protection gear. I thought I'd give this a shot as I generally find Belkin produces quality products. This is no exception. The iPad snaps comfortably into the corner guards which hold it in place and do not block any portion of the screen or interfere with buttons/controls. The tailoring is fine and the fit seems perfect. Grey is my favorite color so I'm happy with it's appearance. The cover is soft and somewhat padded, feels nice in hand. Cover flips back and a nice feature of the magnetic tab is that it is magnetic in both directions; for closure and open back behind. I'm ecstatic with the iPad mini, so it justly deserved this bit of protection. Mind you, it's not a Tumi or Ted Baker cover or even that of the coolness of a Speck* product, but at present it's a great choice and more than adequate - I like it.

Samsung NX1000 White ~ 20.3MP Digital Camera with 20-50mm Lens
Samsung NX1000 White ~ 20.3MP Digital Camera with 20-50mm Lens
Offered by AVSolution
Price: $349.99
8 used & new from $269.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Mighty Mini, August 15, 2012
A very early review as I've only had the camera two days now ... So far, I'm impressed. Size fits the hand well though the stock lens is the biggest part of the camera - however it's nicely balanced. The lens is on the better side for a kit lens. It's sharp throughout and focus is very accurate. Screen is smaller than I'm used to, but that's to be expected when downsizing, but adequate enough to compose your photos. On the cosmetics side, which in white and pink will be a factor in some purchases, the white version I'm sorry to report is mildly 'pearly' rather like the Panasonic Lumix white cameras, but a more plasticized quality than glossy (ok by me). Battery charging is very quick and camera startup quick as well. I did notice on my initial Jpegs that the write speed, dependent upon which settings used, wasn't lightening fast. Quality of the images were very good in Jpeg. I generally utilize Raw files but have yet to attempt those for now. Jpegs were very lifelike if slightly on the dulled side ... a quick drop in Lightroom to adjust contrast, saturation and sharpening proved very fine images possible with very good focus/detail ... I suspect I could adjust some of those qualities inside the camera settings as well, as I said, an early review. I find the resulting photos very film like, with a nice gradient pixel when enlarged. As I couldn't get my hands on one locally to hold/view, I lucked out and ordered online at a huge electronics chain which had them in stock and until August 16th, has it at the unbeatable price of $499 AND available bundled with the 50-200 tele lens for only $49 more! I prefer to purchase my camera equipment at Amazon and would have if it had been available with Amazon and not a outside vendor, but that price break steered me into an early purchase. At full price, I would say it might be a hard sell and decission, but discounted, it's a winner.

* Update ~ I have gotten to use the camera in RAW file mode - I will say the results in Photoshop are quite good. Again, very film-like images. However, I should warn, if you use the Samsung supplied raw converter program, the image quality is NOT the same. Had I only saw the raw images after utilizing that program, I would have been sending the camera back. Do yourself a favor and avoid or at least compare images with processing in both the supplied converter and in Photoshop.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 9, 2012 8:32 AM PST

The Art Of Lily Pons
The Art Of Lily Pons
Price: $6.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Recording, NOT Pons under-pitched, June 17, 2012
This review is from: The Art Of Lily Pons (MP3 Music)
Unless this only affects the preview selections - Beware - this album is horribly under pitch ... Lily would never have stepped foot on a stage so grossly off pitch. Lily in her late seventies puts this to shame; this is not an accurate representation.

Jado 831/860/100 Glance Single Lever Kitchen Faucet with Side Spray, Polished Chrome
Price: $375.61

2.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful fixture, problematic operation, August 27, 2011
The faucet is as beautiful in person as it was in print ~ just what I was looking for my kitchen. However, problems surfaced upon installation when the plumber arrived to install. First, both it's printed specs and it's insert visual diagrams clearly state its fashioned with a 3/8" connection - the one I received did not - I suspect this is either a counterfeit or I think more likely could be a european version as its connection is what appears to be a 1/2" connector WITH a step-down adapter to 3/8's - yes, an additional connection to leak (and it did) - the plumber was VERY skeptical about that and had to find additional washer/s to fill that adapter connection to prevent a leak. Next, he told me that he'd never seen this before, once installed, when you move the faucet to the left or right sink, the internal WATER LINES/cables TURN WITH IT - - this of course put strain on it's connections to the pluming supply lines which could snap under the tork each time it's moved ... he suggested I get another faucet, but after the bill to install this one, I can't afford to take it back out and return it or pay to have the next one installed. On the plus side, the SPRAYER is the most forceful one I've ever seen. I may have to fill the sinks with it ~ it looks nice ...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 6, 2014 9:20 AM PST

Philosophy Keep The Peace Super Soothing Moisturizer for Redness and Sensitivity, 2 Ounce
Offered by Club Distributors
Price: $36.99
7 used & new from $29.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep the Peace ~ my skin surrenders, July 2, 2011
I totally agree with the first poster. Yes, this works and works wonders. I, too, have tried ALL sensitive skin solutions ... most if not all were unusable, exasperating the problem. I'm so sensitive even the wrong water can break me out. I have only used this in trial size for the past three days and I am amazed. My skin feels more comfortable, smoother and less red. It soaks into into the skin without burning or leaving it feeling filmed over (which doesn't let the skin breathe). As a male with sensitive skin I can only shave about once every 5 days or so, I must tell you, today I shaved after using this product for three days and the difference I noticed is incredible. Usually I'm beet-red from shaving for at least two to three days ... this has already helped, my skin is less red after shaving and miraculously I could even apply it after shaving (normally a no-no for at least a day) - I'm here on Amazon looking for upgrading from my sample size to LARGE quantities. Thank you, Philosophy! It works!

Donizetti: Don Pasquale
Donizetti: Don Pasquale
DVD ~ Anna Netrebko
Price: $23.46
57 used & new from $9.28

2.0 out of 5 stars Met's Multiple Pasquale's, May 7, 2011
This review is from: Donizetti: Don Pasquale (DVD)
I have to confess, my first irritation is that The Met releases this recent DVD version BEFORE the LONG AWAITED "Pasquale" with Beverly Sills, Alfredo Kraus, Hakan Hagegard and Gabriel Bacquier!? - each of whom were exemplary in their prospective roles ... Only today does Juan Diego Florez present a challenge to Kraus, but that might only represent a tie. Even in the twilight of her career, Beverly Sills sings circles around Netbrenko. SHAME on the MET, but when have they listened? ... a tin ear in so many regards. On to this outing of Donizetti's PASQUALE - Great production ~ fantastic as always chorus, however the conducting left something to be desired. Levine has never been a 'bel canto' conductor, puzzling for he has mastery of so many other fachs, but the detail in bel canto, it's rhythm, it's brilliance, never get completely wound up under Jimmy's baton. It's emotion is somehow defused. The Pasquale of John Del Carlo appears more brittle than usual; more of a buffoon than an elderly gentleman in the folly of old age - his signing somewhat as dry as his performance. Kwiecien makes for a perfect foil in the role of Maletesta, always energetic, pleasantly voiced but little technical aplomb. Though as even the first reviewer pointed out, Anna Netrebko is not a belcatno or coloratura soprano, I expected more from her as this is a role she's taken on previously at the Met. However, I find that she is now even less suited to the role. Her voice now darker, thicker and even less agile than prior outings as Norina. I must say I'm surprised, for Norina is a 'creampuff' of a role, yet Ms. Netrebko slides past all of it's available intricacies and delivers a vocally deflated Norina. I have to ask though - MUST we always be subject to seeing her (entrance and exit) in a nightgown or bustier? I don't think a lady of that period would be outside the house at night strolling in a nightie?! Please Met, clothe that poor woman and let her VOICE present the beauty ... perhaps this is in truth what's wrong in the entire production, focus ... focus on the genius music of Maestro Donizetti - which when succeeded, will elevate any accompanying production. PLEASE open your archives METROPOLITAN - Beverly's PASQUALE and Leontyne's AIDA are prime examples of lost opportunities for the enlightenment of current day audiences. If you're going to spoon feed opera to the masses, make it a dose of the real thing! And you DO a great job in the promotion of Opera today, don't get me wrong, ~BRAVO.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 31, 2011 3:54 PM PDT

Bellini: I Puritani
Bellini: I Puritani
DVD ~ Juan Diego Florez
Price: $21.54
51 used & new from $9.89

3.0 out of 5 stars Bellini's Masterpiece, November 21, 2010
This review is from: Bellini: I Puritani (DVD)
I'd been waiting on this release for sometime now ... perhaps the anticipation diminished the excitement I was expecting to experience. On the whole, it's a fine, sturdy production of Bellini's masterpiece - nothing more nothing less. As everyone concurs, it's Juan Diego's vehicle and that fact never gets challenged during this performance. He's in fine form, but not exceptional as is often found. He doesn't take this role as high as in previous outings in this role, erring on the side of caution. While this takes nothing away, it does punctuate the restraint that seems felt in this performance in total by it's entire company. It is a very studied performance ... It is my belief that this overall tone comes from too dictated direction, rehearsing and the rigors of filming the work ... it lacks the spark and spontaneity that is essential in bel canto operas ... it is simply overworked. Visually appealing, excellent sound quality - But, given the promotion of being 'filmed in High-Definition" - I'm greatly sorry to see no Blu-Ray edition available, only DVD - thus, that labeling does little good as we cannot watch it in high-def. In support of Florez, Nino Machaidze provides a technically sound Elvira, slightly dark, yet unable to command the sympathy necessary to believe in her characterization. Ildebrando D'Arcangelo delivers an unusually restrained performance, never quite hitting the mark. His duets with Ugo Guagliardo are further marred by the latter's limited voice/vocal technique - I'm afraid what can often happen in I Puritani, it can become rather puritan - the beauty of it's score is reliant upon exceptional singers, exceptional signing and all the stars in alignment ... it equally takes all four leads to pull it off effectively - while certainly a fine performance, I'm afraid we were a few stars short of alignment.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3