Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Andra Day $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Gear Up for Football STEM Toys & Games
Profile for Ronizetti > Reviews

Browse

Ronizetti's Profile

Customer Reviews: 27

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ronizetti RSS Feed (Indianapolis, IN United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Renpure Coconut Creme Cleansing Pudding, 16 Ounce
Renpure Coconut Creme Cleansing Pudding, 16 Ounce
Price: $9.99
8 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is IT!, August 4, 2015
Fantastic product. Stands up to every claim - far and exceeds any haircare product I have used in the past dozens of years. Look no further, this is it! Gently cleanses your hair without stripping it; rinses cleanly and clear, leaving hair in soft, manageable condition. My hair feels like it did back when I was a pre-teen and teenager - I can't believe how healthy it's condition with this product. My hair feels like hair again .. I'd honestly forgotten. I have previously used WEN and it's a great product as well - but, preference and price - RenPure Coconut Creme Cleansing Pudding wins hands down. I'm stocking up on this winner!

Kern & Hammerstein: Show Boat [Blu-ray]
Kern & Hammerstein: Show Boat [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ San Francisco Opera Orchestra & Chorus
Offered by Classical Music Superstore
Price: $28.99
30 used & new from $24.56

3.0 out of 5 stars Show Boat Doesn't Quite Make Dock, August 3, 2015
I'm somewhat relieved to read that others too, thought less than the original early reviews. I was very disappointed when I sat down to watch this production. While the filming is top notch; excellent video and sound, the staging and performance is somewhat restrained in comparison. One reviewer did point out, and a valid point I agree, there is a difference in Opera actors and Theatre actors - partially, that could be part of the problem. I'm perhaps also at a disadvantage having seen the last Broadway revival which was spectacular in nearly every aspect, no doubt coloring my expectations here. This production here seemed a little reserved, sedated and understated. Sets functional, but not overly pleasing or interesting; direction rather bland, acting on the stiff side … The singing, as both an opera lover and theatre lover, missed the mark for me - I didn't connect with any character or song and that is hard to do in this epic musical. I can't quite put my finger on it, but something was 'missing'. I can also agree with the comments on Blu-Ray - horrible chapter/index markings, each mark/next took you NOT to the beginning of the song but to the applause which followed!? Odd and not viewer friendly. I wanted to love this so much more, but it fell very short for my tastes.

Woman in Gold [Blu-ray]
Woman in Gold [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Simon Curtis
Price: $18.76
52 used & new from $10.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Golden Achievement, July 10, 2015
This review is from: Woman in Gold [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I'm happy to see the high praise for this film here that wasn't accompanying it's original theatrical release. Having seen it in the theater I couldn't wait until the Blu-Ray/DVD was released. I found the film extremely well done, dramatically paced and very uplifting. Yes, I already knew the story and it's outcome, but that wasn't a detraction from enjoying this cinematic treatment of this real-life drama. While I found Helen Mirren slightly too young (and too pretty) for the role of Maria, she conveyed throughly the angst, determination and resilience of this character who fought against all odds and emerged the victor. Much has been said about Ryan Reynolds portrayal, nearly all I had read were critical reviews … I must totally disagree. I think he nailed this character; green, simple and honest … his character and portrayal grew throughout the film and keep one cheering for him to carry on and triumph over Goliath - in this case the Austrian Government. Particular praise MUST be given to the younger Maria played to perfection by Tatiana Maslany (currently staring the in the BBC series "Orphan Black"). Her presence on the screen is riveting, a particularly fine actress - I feel she should have been nominated for an Oscar in this role … The many flashback scenes in which she plays the younger Maria are highlights of the film for me - Stunning work here! Not to be missed. I can't express how moving this film is on many levels; the beauty of Vienna (happens to be my favorite city), the greatness and genius of Art, the resilience and determination of the oppressed and the delight in seeing justice served. Highly recommended.

Verdi - La Traviata / Gruberova, Shicoff, Zancanaro, Rizzi, La Fenice
Verdi - La Traviata / Gruberova, Shicoff, Zancanaro, Rizzi, La Fenice
DVD ~ Edita Gruberova
Offered by Convertible Films
Price: $17.99
14 used & new from $13.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Bravo ~ Traviata returns home, May 19, 2015
Not only do I own the LaserDisc and the DVD of this splendid Traviata, I was fortunate to be in the audience the afternoon it was filmed. Hearing La Traviata in the Fenice with these amazing singers was indeed a thrill of my opera going experiences - it was not lost on me that this was the house of it's original premiere in 1853. Edita Gruberova worked magic in this role, bringing her arsenal of technical bravura and sensitivity to her portrayal of Violetta. She was in exceptional voice this day, during the peak of her career, though one could argue this point as she is still delivering the goods nearly 30 years later! The settings are traditional and sumptuous if not somewhat sparse and dark .. oddly enough, Edita's usual blonde hair was darkened to nearly black as well for this role and it's rather off-putting. I don't feel it suits the character and certainly not Edita. Neil Shicoff provides a fine reading of Alfredo, but perhaps in comparison to the great success of Ms. Gruberova, I find he comes up a little short vocally. The conducting of Maestro Rizzi is superb as aways; delicate and dramatic where required, easily letting his singers shine in their roles. Incidentally, if you look hard enough during the credits, I can be spotted in my box where I was enthusiastically applauding and shouting what bears repeating here - BRAVI !! Look no further, this is the Traviata to own.

Xpand X104LX2 YOUniversal 3D Glasses, Large (White)
Xpand X104LX2 YOUniversal 3D Glasses, Large (White)
Price: $61.83
12 used & new from $31.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best I've found to date, November 17, 2013
The best fitting 3D glasses I've found to fit over prescription glasses without discomfort or vision distortion. Worked exceptionally well, providing clear, detailed 3D from my Samsung t.v. - Not cheap, but if you've used the cheap ones you can appreciate why one should purchase a quality 3D eyewear. I bought a second pair I was so happy with their performance. I would suggest if your eye easily strays, stay away from the white version, you may find yourself viewing the frames of the glasses instead of the picture; the black are less intrusive.

Verdi: Un Ballo In Maschera [Blu-ray]
Verdi: Un Ballo In Maschera [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Pisapia
Price: $19.99
25 used & new from $8.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Bravo Maestro Chailly, November 17, 2013
It may be very difficult to look beyond the staging / costumes to find enjoyment out of this Blu-Ray edition of Un Ballo. However, I suggest a listen for I have never heard the opera conducted finer than here by Riccardo Chailly. He has a command and understanding of Verdi which in my opinion has rarely been matched. I can't say anything stellar about the individual performances, all singers are serviceable - I didn't care for the soprano as much as previous reviewers and while a committed performance, the Ulrica didn't quite have the vocal goods the role requires. I, too, as one viewer pointed out was impressed by the smaller roles, that of the conspirators were exceptionally well sung and cast. I must point to the conspirator scene where Renato's name is drawn to have the honor of committing the deed - listen to the entire scene and the taught conducting bringing out colors and urgency in this score, I've never heard so meticulously illustrated - Oddly enough, this is the scene I usually yawn at - it here is the highlight of the disc. Bravo Maestro Chailly! - after one viewing, you may only wish to 'listen' to it, but again, it's worth a listen!

Nutcracker & The Mouse King [Blu-ray]
Nutcracker & The Mouse King [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Tchaikovsky
Offered by Classical Music Superstore
Price: $26.00
30 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully Resurrected Chestnut, January 17, 2013
I can't believe this performance only has one review ~ it should have hundreds ... all glowing. While my passion for ballet has never dimmed, long, long ago had my desire to see yet another Nutcracker ~ I do not know what possessed me to purchase this video; perhaps the previous excellent review or the notion of a dutch update. Am I ever glad that I did. This production is simply breathtakingly beautiful, charming and sincere. No changes that make any true alteration to the story, but changes that actually make one think a little deeper ... the Land of Sweets may appeal to children, but honestly that syrupy sweetness stood in the way of many a good Nutcracker production. I can't speak enough of the beauty of the set design and direction, both in their simplicity and ability to evoke a familiarity that draws one in ... genius work! The early frozen canal and skating interlude / entrance stands out as a highlight as does it's simple begining set in a bathroom (!? - it was touchingly sweet) - everything just works. The dancing is superb, all leads even down to the mouse king exceptional - the conducting masterful, delicate and sincere - I'm not sure I've ever heard it's score played better - I think it also a compliment to it's unique staging and direction that lends one to better 'hear' the story. The High-Def filming and sound are superbly mastered, making it's viewing even more the treat. As someone who in most every aspect possible is a traditionalist, I can't recommend this production more heartedly. Before last night I mostly likely would have told you I'd never sit down and watch the Nutcracker again ... Now I can tell you, this will be coming out every year at Christmastime (or St. Nicholas Eve) to set the mood for the season. I adored it. I believe you will as well.

Belkin Striped Cover / Case with Stand for Apple iPad mini (Gravel)
Belkin Striped Cover / Case with Stand for Apple iPad mini (Gravel)
5 used & new from $30.31

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the Trick, November 10, 2012
Can't say anything negative about this product. I've only had it about a week but it has served it's purpose just fine. At purchase of my iPad mini choices were slim to nonexistent for covers/protection gear. I thought I'd give this a shot as I generally find Belkin produces quality products. This is no exception. The iPad snaps comfortably into the corner guards which hold it in place and do not block any portion of the screen or interfere with buttons/controls. The tailoring is fine and the fit seems perfect. Grey is my favorite color so I'm happy with it's appearance. The cover is soft and somewhat padded, feels nice in hand. Cover flips back and a nice feature of the magnetic tab is that it is magnetic in both directions; for closure and open back behind. I'm ecstatic with the iPad mini, so it justly deserved this bit of protection. Mind you, it's not a Tumi or Ted Baker cover or even that of the coolness of a Speck* product, but at present it's a great choice and more than adequate - I like it.

NX1000 20.3 Megapixel Mirrorless Camera (Body with Lens Kit) - 20 mm - 50 mm - White
8 used & new from $199.09

4.0 out of 5 stars Mighty Mini, August 15, 2012
A very early review as I've only had the camera two days now ... So far, I'm impressed. Size fits the hand well though the stock lens is the biggest part of the camera - however it's nicely balanced. The lens is on the better side for a kit lens. It's sharp throughout and focus is very accurate. Screen is smaller than I'm used to, but that's to be expected when downsizing, but adequate enough to compose your photos. On the cosmetics side, which in white and pink will be a factor in some purchases, the white version I'm sorry to report is mildly 'pearly' rather like the Panasonic Lumix white cameras, but a more plasticized quality than glossy (ok by me). Battery charging is very quick and camera startup quick as well. I did notice on my initial Jpegs that the write speed, dependent upon which settings used, wasn't lightening fast. Quality of the images were very good in Jpeg. I generally utilize Raw files but have yet to attempt those for now. Jpegs were very lifelike if slightly on the dulled side ... a quick drop in Lightroom to adjust contrast, saturation and sharpening proved very fine images possible with very good focus/detail ... I suspect I could adjust some of those qualities inside the camera settings as well, as I said, an early review. I find the resulting photos very film like, with a nice gradient pixel when enlarged. As I couldn't get my hands on one locally to hold/view, I lucked out and ordered online at a huge electronics chain which had them in stock and until August 16th, has it at the unbeatable price of $499 AND available bundled with the 50-200 tele lens for only $49 more! I prefer to purchase my camera equipment at Amazon and would have if it had been available with Amazon and not a outside vendor, but that price break steered me into an early purchase. At full price, I would say it might be a hard sell and decission, but discounted, it's a winner.

* Update ~ I have gotten to use the camera in RAW file mode - I will say the results in Photoshop are quite good. Again, very film-like images. However, I should warn, if you use the Samsung supplied raw converter program, the image quality is NOT the same. Had I only saw the raw images after utilizing that program, I would have been sending the camera back. Do yourself a favor and avoid or at least compare images with processing in both the supplied converter and in Photoshop.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 9, 2012 8:32 AM PST

The Art Of Lily Pons
The Art Of Lily Pons
Price: $6.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Recording, NOT Pons under-pitched, June 17, 2012
This review is from: The Art Of Lily Pons (MP3 Music)
Unless this only affects the preview selections - Beware - this album is horribly under pitch ... Lily would never have stepped foot on a stage so grossly off pitch. Lily in her late seventies puts this to shame; this is not an accurate representation.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3