Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS
Profile for SJRiver > Reviews

Browse

SJRiver's Profile

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

SJRiver RSS Feed

Anker Astro E1 5200mAh Candy bar-Sized Ultra Compact Portable Charger (External Battery Power Bank) with High-Speed Charging PowerIQ Technology
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $49.99
4 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product for Powering up Phone on the Road, November 8, 2015
Just used this at a trade event and it was a lifesaver! Out all day using my phone, taking photos/videos & making social media updates uses a lot of battery power. When you are constantly on the go and can't spend time sitting next to a power outlet you just plug your phone into the Anker and it charges your phone up FAST... I can recharge it up a few times - although I don't let it go down past 20-30% before charging again. I can rely on it to keep charging up a bit throughout the day and have no issues running out of battery power. Love!!

Wildkin Watercolor Ponies Purple Original Nap Mat
Wildkin Watercolor Ponies Purple Original Nap Mat
Price: $37.39
14 used & new from $30.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft, Stylish & Comfortable, July 7, 2015
My daughter LOVES this nap mat! Super soft, styish and comfortable. It is plenty thick enough for a 3-4 year old kid. The pillow is the perfect kid size and is safely inside the top of the mat - so no need to worry about losing it - it also pops out easily for washing the mat. We got the purple design with the horses - it is subtle and stylish. The teachers at her school said they wished it came in their size LOL! She went from 1/2 days at school to full days and had to nap at school for the first time so we wanted to make sure she had a special nap mat that would help ease the transition. She loves it and has been napping at school with no problems. We'll probably even use it if she needs to travel somewhere and nap for the day.

Spiralizer Tri-Blade Vegetable Spiral Slicer, Strongest-Heaviest, Best Veggie Pasta Spaghetti Maker for Low Carb/Paleo/Gluten
Offered by Bitoni USA
Price: $42.97
7 used & new from $23.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Spiralizer, Great Company & Free Recipes!, July 7, 2015
I bought the spiralizer because I wanted to try new healthier recipes and kept running into ones that required something to be "spiralized". I can't believe I never heard of this product before... so cool and opens up a whole bunch of recipe ideas you never considered before. Also great way to cut back on carbs. I bought from this company because reviews were good & price was good - found out after I ordered that they are also a good company!

They shipped the spiralizer right away, but before I even got it they emailed me a PDF of recipes to try and thanked me for my order! After I got it they emailed me another PDF with recipes and gave me a bunch of tips for using the spiralizer - what not to do, what to do, etc.

So far I have tried to spiralize cucumbers, sweet potatoes and of course zuchinni. It literally takes 30 seconds to spiralize a zuchinni!! The machine is made well and blades store nice & safe in slots under the machine base (I store it in an upper cabinet to safely keep away from kids). Cleans up really easy too - because it is a non-electrical item you can easily wash it down in the sink - I give it a good rinse and quick scrub after each use.
Comment Comment | Permalink

The Amazing Adventures of Boat Girl
The Amazing Adventures of Boat Girl
by Diane Seltzer
Price: $9.95
5 used & new from $9.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute book for kids that love the water, November 28, 2014
I bought this book for our daughter who loves to go boating in the summer... but even if your child doesn't go on a boat they will enjoy it. The book is a very cute story about how a little girl who goes on a boat for the first time and wears a "magical jacket" that makes her feel safe. She has all these little adventures that are really simple things she is doing to enjoy herself on the water - but in her mind they are amazing. There are also some good boat safety lessons in the story and at the end, and fun boating terms for kids. I like how kids can write in the back of the book about their own boating adventures to make the book a special keepsake too. Definitely recommend it for your kids or grand kids!

The Ultimate Johnny Carson Collection - His Favorite Moments From The Tonight Show (Vols. 1-3) (1962-1992)
DVD ~ Johnny Carson
Offered by Phase 3, LLC
Price: $21.94
23 used & new from $6.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny Recap of Shows - Much Cheaper than Infomercial collection, February 11, 2014
Bought this for my husband after seeing him break down laughing over the infomercials. When I went to the Infomercial website they wanted way too much (over $100) so I found this smaller collection of 3 DVDs. This set doesn't have as many DVDs as in the infomercial, but this set was enough to satisfy his need to see more than the commercials and have a good laugh.

Nike Women's Fundamental Training Gloves II (Black/White, Large)
Nike Women's Fundamental Training Gloves II (Black/White, Large)
Price: $15.00
6 used & new from $12.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Fit - lightweight material, February 11, 2014
I had a hard time finding a pair of work out gloves that fit good. I am 5-10" and have larger hands - some gloves I couldn't even get on - even in a large. But these go on easy and fit good (although still a bit tight from palm of hand to thumb - but probably the best I am gonna get). I use these gloves for my Body Pump class and it keeps my hands from getting sore or slipping on the bar bells.

They are also very lightweight so my hands don't get too hot and sweaty and they don't feel too bulky on. The back of the hand is lightweight mesh and the palm has light padding that has a little suede on it.

Emma's Turtle
Emma's Turtle
by Eve Bunting
Price: $13.53
64 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Story and Illustrations, November 27, 2012
This review is from: Emma's Turtle (Hardcover)
We bought this book for our daughter Emma because we thought it was cute that the book had her name in it... but it ended up being one of our favorite books for her. We got it for her when she was three and she still enjoys it now at age five as a good bedtime story. I recently purchased a second copy of this book we liked it so much!

The story is from the perspective of the turtle and is about an imaginative journey he takes out of his pen in his backyard. I always explain to my daughter that because he is a turtle he moves so slow and thinks he has gone much further than he has... so he thinks he ends up in far away places like Africa and India and sees all kinds of strange things. I read it to her Kindergarten class on a sharing day and the entire class was wide-eyed and interested throughout. The teacher also noted it was a good story to talk about setting because the story actually takes place in one setting. There are a lot of things that happen that can prompt good questions throughout for a group. The illustrations are so soft and beautifully done that it really keeps the attention of kids too.

Great classic story that I am sure she will continue to enjoy for years!