Profile for S. Dengler > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

S. Dengler "Family" RSS Feed

Bollyrobics Dance Workout
Bollyrobics Dance Workout
DVD ~ Julia Casper
12 used & new from $9.93

3.0 out of 5 stars Bollyrobics--forget the workout and have fun!!!, June 15, 2008
This review is from: Bollyrobics Dance Workout (DVD)
This is a great dance/fitness DVD for an advanced student or an ambitious beginner. By the end of the 1st song (Maahi Ve), you WILL be sweaty, but smiling, because you will have learned a fun, energizing choreography. I had a lot of fun, and that was only the 1st song. You can choose which language to learn the dances in, and even choose no narrator for "performance" mode.

I wish the production value was a little better, but you get used to the static camera angles, and green screen background. I also wish the DVD came packaged with the recommended silk "veil." The choreography for "Maahi Ve" would have made more sense if I'd had the veil to go with it. If you look inside the DVD cover, they give you a website to purchase their recommended size veil... after the fact.

So, put a bindi on your forehead, channel your favorite Bollywood actress, and dance your way into fitness!

Namaste,
~;^) Bindi Beauty (^;~
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 21, 2009 10:58 PM PDT

Porco Rosso
Porco Rosso
DVD ~ Michael Keaton
Price: $22.16
14 used & new from $17.06

4.0 out of 5 stars Miyazaki/Pixar Masterpiece "Porco Rosso", June 15, 2008
This review is from: Porco Rosso (DVD)
Any avid fan of anime, historical fiction, and Studio Ghibli films should add this to their collection. It has great Sea plane/Pirate action sequences, and as always, the classic "Miyazaki, touch-of-genius" in every frame.

My family loves this DVD, even my four yr old can't get enough of "Marco Rossolini" and his sea plane exploits. Wish we would've bought it sooner!

We love this middle-aged Pig and his blinding Red Sea Plane!

//the Dengler Family//

Becoming Jane
Becoming Jane
DVD ~ Anne Hathaway
143 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet glimpse into the life of Jane (as portrayed by Anne Hathaway), June 15, 2008
This review is from: Becoming Jane (DVD)
I am an avid Jane Austen fan. I love the books, I adore the recent film versions of said books, so... I had to own this DVD. It gave me such delight to see Anne Hathaway portraying the lady authoress I have come to admire so much.

The story line "reads" just like one of her books, and I chuckled every time one of the supporting cast members' actions "inspired" Jane to write her best loved book, "Pride and Prejudice," among others.

Delightful and endearing, Jane herself would have been flattered by Miss Hathaway's performance.

//Mrs. Dengler//

Dances of India: Bollywood to Bollydance with Meera
Dances of India: Bollywood to Bollydance with Meera
DVD ~ Meera Varma
Price: $19.95
12 used & new from $8.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Bollywood Dance Fitness DVD kicks it up a notch!, September 21, 2007
Have you hit a plateau in your attempt to find fitness? Do you want to find a bit of adventure to add to your dance routine? This DVD by Meera will invigorate your fitness routine and add a dash of Indian spice into your life. I am a participant in many forms of Asian folk and Middle Eastern folk dances, with a well established performing career. I am familiar with dancing to fast-paced drum solos, complicated choreography, and difficult rhythms, but even beginners will find the Dances of India DVD series enjoyable and exotic. I am so excited to add yet another layer of dance depth to my repetoire.

I have found that this Instructional Dance DVD is a great way to revamp the dull and boring cardio workouts, and is full of intriguing dance moves and postures, and the Oriental decor of the set really enlivens the imagination. The Instructor gives a great demo of the moves, slowly at first and then gets you up to tempo with the music.

My only unfavorable comment is that I feel the instructor/producer should have allowed for a longer warm up and cool down time, but that is easily remedied at home by doing a few extra stretches before and after the ones provided.

~;^) Bindi Beauty (^:~