Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM
Profile for Captn_Starbring > Reviews

Browse

Captn_Starbring's Profile

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Captn_Starbring "Some what objective" RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Dragon Ball Z - Resurrection 'F' [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD]
Dragon Ball Z - Resurrection 'F' [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD]
DVD ~ Christopher R. Sabat
Price: $22.99
51 used & new from $9.29

2.0 out of 5 stars The real cost of resurrecting a villian?, November 8, 2015
I was pretty disappointed by Resurrection of F, I hate to say it but compared to Battle of the Gods, this movie very much pales.

Let me first say I was upfront disappointed by Amazon splitting the dubbed and subbed versions into different items for sale on their digital store front, pretty shady I must say. :\

Plot: (I will attempt to avoid spoilers)
So Resurrection of F starts out really solid continuing the over arching plot from Battle of the gods. We then get to see the Z fighters doing their respective things while the villains go about trying to bring back Frezia. It's all just getting warmed up when for some reason key characters are just not present for no good reason. Even those mentioned by name aren't brought into the struggle, mostly because it would be too hard to explain why they couldn't win, I'd guess?
So, you guessed it, it degrades into a "Goku and Vegeta save the day, but actually just Goku" scenario.
Even Piccalo is denied his standard issue one good fight in favor of super saiyan.
So once again characters take a back seat to Saiyans, even though it doesn't entirely make sense.
Then the ending ends up not really making good on any of the build up and just kinda comes off shallow, after seeing villains of depth in the previous movie I had really hoped they were going to give Frezia some growth, but from start to finish, they are just as one dimensional as ever, I fell like it was a really lost opportunity to show us the back story or perhaps hidden motivations of a character so central to the series.

Animation:
Ok this varies wildly, some times the animation looks incredible, excellent detail, good lines and excellent color.
Then other times it's PAINFULLY obvious that they are using 3D models as the characters move with no momentum or heft, no weight at all and just look like a model being rotated. It looks the worse when the characters are in the foreground moving toward the "camera" and you can see Goku just rotate into position as though he has no mass at all. The choice of colors to show the new "power level" of Goku and Vegeta is interesting but without the iconic golden hair it just feels....wrong or off some how, I feel like adding an effect like a pulsing glow would have been better but that's just personal preference. Though it is used very interestingly in combination with Vegeta's appearance...though you only really see it for a few moments before "Goku Savior"
However by far the WORST example of the animation in this film is Gohan, WHAT THE DEVIL!
It was like someone lost Gohan's character sheet and decided to just do it from memory. His jawline is all wrong, his eyes are too far apart, legs and arms aren't the correct length, wrong just all wrong and all over the place...maybe it's because he has a lot of his muscle mass? It just looks so jarring and off putting, I desperately hoped Piccalo was going to zap him with his "clothing beam."

I struggled on what rating to give this, but I can tell you it doesn't go above 3 stars. After Battle of the Gods, I've seen they are capible of better and that was what I expected. I hope the 3rd film will be awesome though, I'm still looking forward to it.

Wolfenstein: The New Order [Online Game Code]
Wolfenstein: The New Order [Online Game Code]
Price: $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars a bargain at $40, July 31, 2014
The finest single player fps I have played in a decade at least.

Rich universe, main protagonist that is actually more then just someone to hold the gun and all the weapons feel good to use.

Razer Kraken PRO Over Ear PC and Music Headset - Black
Razer Kraken PRO Over Ear PC and Music Headset - Black
Price: $79.99
11 used & new from $49.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Razer fan hears disapointment., January 30, 2014
I'm a huge fan of Razor products and have several, great company that I love to patron.

Normally I use headband phones when gaming because after a few hours most others types begin to hurt my neck and head. My headphones had broken and I was short on money so a family member offered to help me out with an early Christmas gift and I asked for these.

I thought it odd when I opened the box there was a note about trying to stretch the headphones to break them in but I soon realized why!

Good grief, either I have a giant head or this things are meant to hold lumber in place for cutting because when I would try to wear them it would feel like I had a vice on my head. They gave me awful headaches no matter how much I tried to gently break them in, finally I tried to give them one good stretch too many and the left phone made a loud *SNAP*. Well...that was the end of them.

I STRONGLY recommend you pass on this device, but don't let this product sour you on Razor though, their gaming mice and pads are the finest I've ever owned and their Xbox controller that works for both PC and console is by far one of my favorite gaming peripherals.

Nerf Rebelle Heartbreaker Exclusive Golden Edge Bow with Bonus Target
Nerf Rebelle Heartbreaker Exclusive Golden Edge Bow with Bonus Target
Offered by Monkey-Go-Round
Price: $46.13
11 used & new from $24.99

1.0 out of 5 stars WHAT, November 22, 2013
"Nerf for her."

....really Nerf? Really?

After "Bic for her" you pull this? Are you draft? Who's idea was this??
Comment Comments (12) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 16, 2013 9:35 AM PST

Toy Soldiers [Download]
Toy Soldiers [Download]

5.0 out of 5 stars Out of the toy box, June 30, 2013
Toy Solders is one of the finest games in the tower-defense genera.
Stylized, fun and high on challenge. I highly recommend it.

I my self have not had any technical problems, but I have the steam version.

Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode I
Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode I
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works on Ouya!, June 23, 2013
I Downloaded this as part of an experiment(along with Sonic CD and Episode 2) to see what I could side load onto Ouya and this title totally works! You have to use the touch pad to get past the menus but once you are in the game the controls work well!

My only real issue with the game is the tight zoom on sonic.

Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode II
Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode II
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works on Ouya!, June 23, 2013
I Downloaded this(along with sonic CD and Episode 1) as part of an experiment to see what I could side load onto Ouya and this title totally works! You have to use the touch pad to get past the menus but once you are in the game the controls work well!

Sonic CD
Sonic CD
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars As good as Sonic gets - Works on Ouya!, June 23, 2013
This review is from: Sonic CD (App)
I Downloaded this as part of an experiment to see what I could side load onto Ouya and this title totally works! You have to use the touch pad to get past the menus but once you are in the game the controls work well!

Final Fantasy X-2 Yuna Statue Figure
Final Fantasy X-2 Yuna Statue Figure
3 used & new from $119.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, April 12, 2013
This is by far one of the finest posed statues I have ever purchased. I got mine years ago and the color is still as bright and radiant as ever.

Spec Ops: The Line - PC
Spec Ops: The Line - PC
Offered by DAILY "Black-Friday" 4U
Price: $6.05
22 used & new from $2.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Brutal, Dark, Beautiful., June 30, 2012
The Line, is one of the most interesting games I have ever played...because it is a game, that wants you to hate playing it and hate your self for wanting to see it to the end.

I highly recommend it.