Profile for Rowe Rowe > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 94

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Rowe Rowe "floydian" RSS Feed (PTown)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Black & Decker EB-007 Edger Hog Heavy-Duty Edger Replacement Blade
Black & Decker EB-007 Edger Hog Heavy-Duty Edger Replacement Blade
Price: $8.47
37 used & new from $6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Replacement Blade, December 26, 2013
I didn't realize just how dull my previous blade was until I installed this one.

WOW!

My old one was just about 1/3 the size of this one. Not because of a defect, but because I wore it down on the yard/concrete. So installing this and making a run along my side yard and curb was a game changer.

I'm not even sure they put this nice of a blade on the factory unit when it was sold. This is a great blade and it is something you should consider if you need to edge your lawn or garden. It makes a difference!

Havaianas Men's Trend Flip Flop,Black/Green,43 BR / 10/11 M US
Havaianas Men's Trend Flip Flop,Black/Green,43 BR / 10/11 M US
Offered by Kimboze.

5.0 out of 5 stars You can never go wrong with a Havaiana, December 26, 2013
I've been a big fan of this brand for some time now. Their designs and patterns are decent but the fit and finish is top notch. The rubber soles last a long, long time. Usually the only reason I get rid of a pair of these is because I lose one of them! I had a pair for 6 years...I wore them every summer and put some nice divots in the soles but they still held strong....

A good Flip Flop for sure.

PROs

Cozy and comfortable. The rubber soles are the way to go. They feel better than the plastic and they conform to your foot over time.
Sizes run true....A size 10 fit nicely on my size 10 foot.

CONs

None....

Cards Against Humanity
Cards Against Humanity
Offered by Cards Against Humanity, LLC
Price: $25.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun for the whole family, December 26, 2013
This review is from: Cards Against Humanity (Toy)
Just kidding. It's fun for the whole ADULT family. Kids need not be invited to this game! It's downright nasty but I knew that going in so I am not complaining!

This is a fun game...It compares to Apple-to-Apples, but the combination of cards can make it rather disgusting/politically incorrect/etc. If you are shy about sex, drugs and political topics, don't buy this.

The only reason it gets 4 stars instead of 5 is because of the longevity: 8 people played the game for 1.5 hours and went through the entire answer deck, only to have to shuffle and replay the cards. Many of the rounds consist of having to answer the questions with 2 and sometimes 3 cards which can tear through the deck rather quickly.

We lowered the in-hand card requirement from 10 to 7 so that the cards would last. It also seems like having 10 options for a response is a little high and mundane. Some cards just end up "cold" and that dulls the game.

They also make expansion sets for this game and that is another reason why it gets 4 stars: It seems like they make the initial game with too few cards so that you purchase an expansion pack. I wish they would make the base game just a little bigger so that you can play it for longer than 1.5 hours without getting bored.

Bolse® [New Release] 300Mbps Wifi Wireless-N USB Micro Mini Adapter with High Gain Antenna - Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8; Mac OS X 10.5 Greater; 2.4G 802.11ngb 32-Bit and 64-Bit Compatible(*Does Not Support Win8.1*)
Offered by LowerPriceUSA
Price: $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great for Apple Products, December 26, 2013
I bought this for my MacPro tower. It did not come with WiFi so I added this handy USB WiFi device with the extra antenna and it works great!

So I tried something....

My new-ish mac laptop has some trouble getting WiFi in a certain spot in the house (The bedroom of all places) so I inserted this just to try it out. It actually improved my wireless reception, even though my laptop has WiFi built in! Not bad!

The Software works great for OS-X 10.9 and below . I was surprised, considering just how strict Apple can be with their device drivers and 3rd party software. So far so good though. I really like this hardware.

What is also nice is that you can connect it to a USB extender cable and extend it away from the computer for added reception. When plugging this away from a computer, there is less electromagnetic interference. This is a really smart device and for the $$, it's a good bargain, too.

Lotsa Lites Christmas Holiday Flashing Light Bulbs Necklace (sold individually)
Lotsa Lites Christmas Holiday Flashing Light Bulbs Necklace (sold individually)
Offered by Island In The Sun
Price: $3.68
14 used & new from $3.25

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap! It didn't last 10 minutes, December 26, 2013
The title says it all. I opened these out of the box and the plastic lights were literally falling off of it. The LED light itself is in-line to the necklace which is a good way to go. It's flat which allows for the design of something to go over it. That is where these failed. The plastic ornamental lights that snap on inherently fall off due to the plastic and the poor design of the clasp that is used to fasten them to the wire necklace.

It was still usable as a light source but certainly not as a necklace. I ended up putting it behind some photos on the mantle for a light effect, but these failed overall as a necklace due to the ornaments falling off.

Set of 4 - Velour Animal Print Santa Hats - Zebra, Leopard, Giraffe and Tiger - Great stocking stuffer or Christmas party favor
Offered by A-Perfect-Day
Price: $5.41
4 used & new from $5.41

2.0 out of 5 stars A great gift idea...If you want to look like a cheapskate, December 26, 2013
You can never tell by photos but when you look at these hats on Amazon, you think they are like regular Christmas hats.

Let's think about the traditional Christmas hat. It's red with with a white ball at the top, a white band at the forehead and it is THICK!

Not these.

These are thin...I'm talking Kleenex thin. These are NOT plush at all. So when I received these, I intended to give each one to a friend. I ended up giving them all to one person so I didn't look like I was being cheap. It was really embarrassing, actually. These are also on the small side so if you have a big head, you should skip this item.

A good idea...I would be willing to pay a little more $$ if these were thicker and less cheap feeling. Too bad.

BESTEK Dual 110V AC outlets and Dual USB 3.1A 300w power inverter car dc 12v to 110v ac inverter dc adapter laptop charger notebook adapter dc charger ac adapter usb charger MRI3011BU
Offered by laszpower
Price: $26.99
3 used & new from $19.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great for Duelling laptops, December 26, 2013
I purchased this with the intent to run 2x laptops while on the road. This unit plugs in to any 15-20a cigarette lighter and gives 300w of AC power. I'm able to power the two laptops in an RV while driving. It's good for charging cellphones as well.

PRO's

It's Silent. I really cannot hear it.
It is built well
It has 2x outlets for plugging in multiple things. For those that complain about space, use a pigtail adapter to plug in your larger adapters.

CONs

None. It works as it should and for the price, it's an amazing device that gives a lot of flexibility while on the road.

Stansport Outfitter Series 50,000 BTU Output Propane Stove
Stansport Outfitter Series 50,000 BTU Output Propane Stove
Price: $65.80
72 used & new from $65.80

5.0 out of 5 stars GET THIS STOVE!, December 26, 2013
Are you like me? Reading review after review here on Amazon, only to finally come to a conclusion about a product? Well, I can tell you that this is what I did to find THIS stove! I read all of the reviews and the reviews on this one are very accurate.

So stop dickering around with your decision and purchase this! Why?

PRO's

STURDY! Wow, this thing will last. If you camp 2-3x a year, this is a 10 year product. Longer if you camp less.
FREAKING HOT! This thing is a blast furnace. It literally sounds like one. Boiling water takes minutes. I can't believe I didn't get this sooner. I used to have to wait for EVERYTHING on my old camp stove. Breakfast would be a 40 minute ordeal because I had to wait for the right temperature. Not any more. It's literally like cooking @ Home
Easy to clean: I'm not too picky about a camp stove. That said, it should be cleaned and maintained regularly. There are always going to be nooks and crannies that you can't get to, so it won't be as perfect as it was when it was new but for the day to day, it cleans up nicely and presents itself, even after multiple uses.

CON's

It's slightly heavy for a camp stove. No issues carrying it unless you hand it to a 10 year old to help out.
It does burn through the little single cannisters so be aware. I used to keep 2x with me for a weekend. Now I keep 3. Not a big deal but it will likely eat up 2 cannisters during a 2-3 day weekend trip. The 3rd is an extra for just in case moments. I can see why others connect it to a BBQ propane tank but I have not elevated my camping game to that level yet.

There really are no cons to remove stars. It does what it says and the reviews do this thing justice. Mine was put together quite well and did not have any issues with the wing construction. This thing is solid!

Progressive Dynamics (PD781WSBCV) Single Ceiling Light
Progressive Dynamics (PD781WSBCV) Single Ceiling Light
Price: $7.10
10 used & new from $6.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Replaced an old camp light, December 26, 2013
I used this to replace an older camp light inside a VW Camper van.

PRO's
Nice and bright! The bulb that it comes with is excellent.
The switch feels good and solid.
The shield is decent and opaque only where it needs to be so it doesn't blind you.

CON's
The body itself is a little cheap, but considering it's going on a ceiling, it shouldn't be damaged. If you intend to install this to a car where it might come into contact with objects, keep in mind that it is plastic and it will likely break if it was hit with something. The plastic feeling wasn't anything to take away a star because I knew what I was buying and I knew it would be plastic.

Overall, I am happy with this new camp light.

JVC KD-R740BT Radio-USB-CD Bluetooth Receiver
JVC KD-R740BT Radio-USB-CD Bluetooth Receiver
Offered by sigmaenterprises
Price: $102.97
11 used & new from $79.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Car Stereo, December 26, 2013
Wow, it's under $100 now. Stop the painful research of looking for the best car stereo because you have found it.

I bought this for use with my VW Van. It is now my 15th or so stereo I have purchased for a car in 20+ years so I have done this quite a bit.

Stereos are getting easier to install these days. The wiring harnesses are decent and by now, the connections are much simpler.

I had this installed in my van in about 30 minutes time, including the time to wire the mic. It was dead simple!

I chose this because overall, I like JVC products. This is now my 3rd unit, one of which I sold with a previous car. My other car also has a JVC and I like it.

PROs

I like the ease of use. The software is logical and getting to features is easy. I didn't even need to read the manual to set the clock!
Bluetooth! It works for me. Hands free pairing with multiple phones (iOS and Android) No issues with clarity.
Sound Clarity: Excellent...And tunable for the circumstances/automobile! Bluetooth sounds good, too.
removable Faceplace is a nice security feature.
Last of it's kind: Has a CD/DVD player....You never know when you will need it! Having a CD player is great for long trips where your cellphone doesn't have a signal for your radio!
I plugged in a USB stick with my audio library on it. Navigating the library is easy. Using shuffle is fun, too!
Remote control! Awesome for use with a camper!

CONs

I dug deep on this to find a con. I could not find any CONs. I really tried.

It does everything I want and the price is totally affordable! I recommend this unit for anyone needing a decent BlueTooth solution for their car.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10