Profile for Peth > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Peth RSS Feed (Norway)

Koss PortaPro Headphones with Case
Koss PortaPro Headphones with Case
Price: $39.36
32 used & new from $39.35

4.0 out of 5 stars Koss Portapro vs Sennhauser PX100, October 16, 2005
I couldn't decide between the Sennhauser PX100 and the Koss Portapro headphones. I bought both, so I could take them home and compare at my leisure. Result: They are both excellent choices! You will be pleased with either. But to distinguish between them:

The PX100 are more comfortable because of the foam cushions which rest on the top of your head. The Portapro are also comfortable, but I do notice the metal band on the top of my head, which sometimes pulls some strands of hair out.

The PX100 look better when on. The Portapro look kinda dorky -- especially at first -- but they are easy to get used to.

The PX100 are also more durable. Once you get the hang of it, it's quite easy to collapse the headphones and put them in their plastic carrying case. They are not going to get squished while they're in that! The Portapro can be collapsed into a ball, but if I'm not really careful, they spring open all when I touch them. It's also very difficult to get the Portapro headphones and cord into the accompanying bag.

The Portapro headphones have more bass, and to my ears, the music sounds more alive than with the PX100. The PX100 sound really good, but the Portapro sound just a tad bit better.

The Portapro feel more comfortable when under a wool hat (important for my winter walks with the dog).

Both leak sound -- there's no difference there. If that's a huge concern for you, then you might want a closed system for your headphones.

In the end, I couldn't which I liked better and kept both, rationalizing that my husband needs a pair of headphones too. Both are used regularly, although I take only the PX100 when I travel because I think it'd be much easy to accidentally break the Portapro.
Comment Comments (33) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 28, 2014 4:59 AM PDT

Sennheiser PX 100 Lightweight Collapsible Headphones (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Sennhauser PX100 vs Koss Portapro, October 16, 2005

Tanka Tanka Skunk!
Tanka Tanka Skunk!
by Steve Webb
25 used & new from $25.50

5.0 out of 5 stars so much fun!, March 26, 2005
This review is from: Tanka Tanka Skunk! (Hardcover)
This is a terrific book! I've read it aloud to several groups of Norwegian second-graders who are just beginning to learn English. They started saying it together with me already on the second reading. They like it so much that they ask for it by chanting "Tanka skunk" until I capitulate and read it again. The illustrations are colorful and fun, and can be seen from a distance. Just remember to chant it as you read, and you'll be all set!