Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro
Profile for DudeManBro > Reviews

Browse

DudeManBro's Profile

Customer Reviews: 21

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

DudeManBro RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Yankee Traders Brand, Dark Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans ~ 2 Lbs.
Yankee Traders Brand, Dark Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans ~ 2 Lbs.
Offered by Its Delish
Price: $19.59
6 used & new from $14.35

2.0 out of 5 stars Maybe over-roasted, April 14, 2016
These tasted burnt to me. Maybe my batch got roasted too much. I really didn't like them. It was a bag made by We Got Nuts with a sticker saying "Yankee Traders."

I recommend these other options for dark chocolate covered espresso beans: Hoosier Hill Farms, Trader Joe's.

Petite Size Wooden Suit Hangers, Walnut Finish Box of (6)
Petite Size Wooden Suit Hangers, Walnut Finish Box of (6)
Offered by Closet Hanger Store
Price: $58.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent support for shoulder pads, February 27, 2016
I bought these from Only Hangers' web page so I could choose my quantity. They are excellent quality. I wear a size 36R suit, so the common "extra wide" 17.5 inch hangers will poke the sleeves out. These would probably work OK for a size 38. I expect size 40+ would do better on an extra-wide hanger.

These hangers are contoured, nice and thick, so they support the shoulder pads nicely. These also work for coats, and my wool coat hangs on one.

If you own a suit it is worth the effort to find hangers that fit it properly. It doesn't make any sense to spend all that money on a suit and have creases in the sleeves from hanging it. A suit will last you for years if you take care of it.

IRWIN Tools 2-1/2 Inch Speedbor Lock N' Load Quick Change Bit Holder (4935703)
IRWIN Tools 2-1/2 Inch Speedbor Lock N' Load Quick Change Bit Holder (4935703)
Offered by Gatzies
Price: $9.40
30 used & new from $4.43

5.0 out of 5 stars One-handed; nice magnet, June 8, 2015
This is indeed one-handed operation. There is a magnet inside which is like a magnetic bit holder.

Here's how the one-handed operation works with a quick-change hex:
1) Inserting the Bit (here's the trick): Push the bit into place against the magnet, then shove it down until it locks in. You can perform this one-handed. If you use two hands it will go in smoother.
2) Removing the Bit: Push the collar down. The bit will pop out, but it doesn't fall out of the end of the holder because the magnet holds it in place, right where a screwdriver bit would be sitting. You can just pull it off of the magnet.

Inserting the bit one-handed feels a bit rough, but I don't see any reason this quick-change wouldn't hold up. It feels solid.
The magnet is fairly strong, enough to hold a bit in place securely. Like most quick-changes this does have some play in it, but it's minimal. If you can't accept a little play, you shouldn't be using a quick-change at all.

For the price I think this is the best you can get. I haven't tried the Bosch. It might be smoother, but it doesn't have a magnet. My Black & Decker quick-change is not nearly as good quality as this Irwin.

Black & Decker BC15BD 15 Amp Bench Battery Charger with Engine Start Timer
Black & Decker BC15BD 15 Amp Bench Battery Charger with Engine Start Timer
Price: $49.99
3 used & new from $24.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Great; 1-year warranty, June 1, 2015
I write this review based on the BC15BS which is branded "Stanley." I see no other difference.

I really like this charger. Rubberized outer protection, and nice molded grips to clip the clamps on for storage. Fully automatic operation.

It charges up to about 14.4V, and then goes into "float" mode and the voltage comes down to the usual 13.4V. I assume this is normal operation. (If this sounds odd, I would consider that the car will often push the battery's voltage above 14V while running.)

The voltage indicator has always been accurate within the one-decibel point compared to my multimeter. I have not tried the engine-start, alternator test or the battery reconditioner.

I'm very happy with the display and build quality. It's a good value at this price point.
The only real beef I have is with the 1-year warranty. That's nothing against the product in my view because there will probably be hardly any warranty claims. But, there is some value to the "insurance" you get with a longer warranty.
It also seems to take its sweet time bringing the voltage back down from 14.4V to 13.4V. I don't have any other charger to compare this to, but at 15Amps most others won't be much faster.

Timex Men's T5K198 Ironman Classic Shock 30-Lap Black and Blue Digital Watch
Timex Men's T5K198 Ironman Classic Shock 30-Lap Black and Blue Digital Watch
Price: $38.90
18 used & new from $36.18

4.0 out of 5 stars Quiet Alarm; Good Watch, December 12, 2014
This is a great watch. Nothing to complain about, but the alarm is too quiet to use for waking you up. As long as you don't need this to wake you up, it's a great watch.
I actually like the fact that it only has one alarm, because it makes cycling through the modes faster.
I like the nylon fast-wrap strap because I like to keep it in my pocket. The band is easily removable.

Motorola Moto G LTE- Factory Unlocked US Warranty (Black)
Motorola Moto G LTE- Factory Unlocked US Warranty (Black)
Offered by smart pick
Price: $125.88
22 used & new from $84.99

3.0 out of 5 stars WARNING about KitKat., November 8, 2014
Android KitKat made some changes to how apps can use the SD card. Unfortunately Google didn't give any of the app developers enough warning to adapt. So, if you need to use an SD card stay away from KitKat.

With KitKat apps have very limited use of the SD card. They can only write to restricted areas. This is supposedly for security, but it's nonsense because the internal memory works freely. This makes it so any app that used to write to the SD card is either broken or writing to internal memory. Some developers may be able to adapt their apps to handle this issue, but that kind of development takes time. More time than it would take Google to snap out of it and stop blocking SD card writing. Not really a problem for Google Nexus users who don't have an SD card slot ...

Here's where the Moto G comes in: The LTE version of the Moto G comes with KitKat and there is no older version you can flash back to. So if you buy the Moto G LTE you are stuck with KitKat. For that reason, I don't recommend the LTE version of this phone.

Unless rooting this phone will fix the issue I'm basically stuck with a brick and I'm back to my old phone. It's a shame, because the Moto G worked so nice and smooth. I would 100% recommend this phone if there was a way to get KitKat off of it. I may update this review after I've rooted the phone. If this problem can be fixed with simple rooting it would be more fair to give the phone more stars, but people should really be warned about this because not everybody can or should root their phones.

A Google-friendly explanation of the issue is at this link:
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 9, 2014 2:27 PM PST

Arkon Folding Tablet Stand for iPad Air iPad mini iPad and Android Tablet
Arkon Folding Tablet Stand for iPad Air iPad mini iPad and Android Tablet
Price: $12.95
7 used & new from $12.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, bad for 8" vertical portrait viewing, October 30, 2014
Junky adhesive on the pads left a pad peeling off on day one. Joints don't hold firmly in place.

I have an 8" tablet and this does a terrible job of propping it up vertically. The design is a tripod, and if I put my tablet in portrait mode I have to swing the bottom legs in a notch which leaves an extremely unstable stand.

Maybe I should consider this a limitation of the design, but the way the legs snap into place so loosely and the pads don't stay glued on for even a day leads me to conclude that this thing is a piece of junk and you have better options.

This will hold my 9" tablet securely in portrait mode, so if you have a screen larger than 8" and you want to roll the dice on quality, you could give this a shot.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 31, 2014 6:36 PM PDT

Puritan's Pride Super Strength Rapid Release Capsules, Melatonin, 10 mg, 120 Count
Offered by Best Choice!
Price: $8.53
16 used & new from $6.75

1.0 out of 5 stars OVERDOSAGE, September 10, 2014
This is an OVERDOSAGE.

About .2mg melatonin is enough to completely replace your body's natural melatonin production. That means most people should not take more than .1mg

Using over 1mg is completely unnecessary, and will do more harm than good.
Do your research. Taking fifty times as much melatonin as your body needs will jack up your sleep cycles towards your time to wake up. You will wake up feeling hung over. Just because this hormone occurs naturally in your body doesn't mean it will be harmless to pump fifty times as much into your system as your body would normally produce.

Really most people have no use for melatonin. It does not cause drowsiness. It is a hormone that tells your brain that it is night time.
The main purpose for melatonin is helping jet lag, or shift workers who must adjust their sleep to a new time. Their bodies won't be producing the amount of melatonin needed because that isn't their normal bedtime.
There are some other medical conditions like Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome which may benefit.
Also the elderly may find benefit from taking .1mg at night because we produce less melatonin as we age. That should be enough to bring blood levels up to normal.

Human Growth Hormone is perfectly natural. Would you pump yourself full of fifty times your normal level?

DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE INGESTING HORMONES
One source: http://delayed2sleep.wordpress.com/2010/04/11/melatonin-less-is-sometimes-more/

FiberPlus Antioxidant Bars, Chocolatey Peanut Butter, 1.2-Ounce Bars, 5-Count (Pack of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great taste, December 28, 2013
These are the best-tasting fiber bars I've found. I've tried quite a few, including all the other Fiber Plus flavors.
These basically taste like peanut buttery candy bars--except chewy.

They don't have very high sugar compared to other fiber bars.
They do use a lot of sugar to mask the fiber taste, but that's the case for every fiber bar.

Be warned: You will be tempted to eat a second bar. At 35% of your dietary fiber, you might want to wait until your next meal.

Start slow when you increase your fiber intake. Your system takes some time to adjust. So, don't just start eating two bars a day if you aren't used to all that fiber.

Be sure to drink plenty of water with these (and any other fiber supplement).

Another thing to be aware of: Chicory Root is Soluble Fiber, which means it will soften stool rather than provide bulk. So, you still need to eat some Insoluble Fiber.

Sleep Innovations Contour Memory Foam Pillow, Standard Size
Sleep Innovations Contour Memory Foam Pillow, Standard Size
Price: $32.67
26 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Real memory foam!, December 12, 2013
I really like this pillow.

It's actual memory foam, which resists motion and holds its shape.

It might take time to get used to, if you tend to move a lot in bed. Let your head sit in one place, and as the foam warms up it will soften. If your room is really cold, the pillow will be very hard at first, so don't smack your head into it when you first lay down.

There is a smell to it (like all memory foam), but this pillow's stench faded faster and was less pronounced than another foam pillow I tried.

I think the contour shape helps a lot with comfort. The last memory foam pillow I tried was a block, and my head was held up too high. This cradles my neck nicely.

It's also made in the US, which to me is a big deal.

I also recommend this pillow protector, also made in the US: Luna Hypoallergenic Zippered Waterproof Protector

Page: 1 | 2 | 3