Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS
Profile for T. Miller > Reviews

Browse

T. Miller's Profile

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

T. Miller RSS Feed (Belmont, CA)

U is for Undertow: A Kinsey Millhone Novel
U is for Undertow: A Kinsey Millhone Novel
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great mystery!, April 24, 2016
Kinsey Millhone is still going strong in this series. Really good story/mystery. If you are a fan, you won't be disappointed.

The Winner's Kiss (The Winner's Trilogy)
The Winner's Kiss (The Winner's Trilogy)
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection, April 5, 2016
Really enjoyed the third book in this trilogy. Loved the war strategy and the relationships between main and secondary characters.

Kulti
Kulti
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Want more Sal and Kulti, March 10, 2016
This review is from: Kulti (Kindle Edition)
I love how the relationship in this story builds, friends before lovers. I connected with Sal and fell in love with Kulti. I was able to savor this story instead of wanting to skip ahead to the end.

Act Like It
Act Like It
Offered by Harlequin Digital Sales Corp.
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing Read, February 23, 2016
This review is from: Act Like It (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book. I thought the storyline was refreshing and engaging. I look forward to reading other books by Lucy Parker.

Edenbrooke: A Proper Romance
Edenbrooke: A Proper Romance
Price: $9.43

4.0 out of 5 stars Worthy Romance, February 23, 2016
This novel is a lovely romance. It is easy to read and the relationship between Marianne and Phillip is so sweet. I would definitely recommend this book to romance lovers.

Sony BRAVIA KDL-40EX500 Series 40-Inch LCD TV, Black (2010 Model)
Sony BRAVIA KDL-40EX500 Series 40-Inch LCD TV, Black (2010 Model)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony Bravia EX 500: Great value, March 14, 2010
After pretty much researching TVs to death, we purchased the Sony Bravia EX 500 and couldn't be happier. We wanted a 40" TV because it would fit nicely in our TV Armoire cabinet. I throw value into the equation, so I don't hesitate to give this 5 stars.

Highlights:
1) Crystal clear 1080p HDTV broadcast and BluRay performance.
2) The voice clarity comes through incredibly clear. I used to have to crank up the volume much higher to understand conversations on movies and TV shows.
3) The standard definition comes in much better than our old 720p HDTV, but we spend most of our time on the HDTV channels.
4) You'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between this TV and those costing twice as much for the same size.

Lowlights:
1) This is minor, but I'll keep it honest. Jutter is noticeable in faster moving camera pans and action, but hardly on BluRay which has me wondering how much has to do with the frequency of the broadcast vs. the TV. We watched "Iron Man" on the BluRay and it looked great.
2) It's rated at 150k:1 contrast ratio which pales in comparison to the 2MM:1 and higher on LEDs and Plasmas.

In summary, we're very happy with the performance of the Sony Bravia EX 500. At present, I don't know if there's a better combination of price and performance. We're value conscious, so we're extremely satisfied with this purchase.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 17, 2010 9:58 PM PDT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Zyfamend: Great for joint discomfort!, December 11, 2009
New Chapter won me over with their excellent Multivitamin, so I decided to try this for my joint pain. After three major ankle surgeries, I have quite a bit of discomfort in my ankles, one in particular. Also, my hip started bothering me from favoring the opposite ankle for so long.

I took 500 mg Naproxen (prescription strength) for a long time, but started having complications from that medicine. The joint discomfort is a dull, achy pain that often keeps me up at night.

Tried various glocosamine products (glucosamine HCL, glucosamine sulfate, the stuff with MSM, etc...) and the glucosamine sulfate seemed to help a little, but nothing too dramatic. I read about tumeric, one of the key ingredients in Zyflamend, and decided to give it a try. I haven't tried the PM version, but the standard stuff really helps.

My joint pain is very tolerable now, and even seems completely abated at times. I don't know if it will help everyone with joint pain. But, I'm really glad that I tried this product.

New Chapter Every Man, 180 tabs
New Chapter Every Man, 180 tabs

5.0 out of 5 stars New Chapter Daily Multivitamins, December 11, 2009
Highlights:
1) I can definitely tell that I feel better on the days I these vitamins.
2) First vitamins I've been able to take on an empty stomach and not feel ill. Like most days when I pop them real quick on the way out of the door to work.

Downside:
1) Expensive for vitamins.

I stumbled on them at Whole Foods while looking for a good prenatal for my wife, but they're really expensive in the store. Much better deals through Amazon. I'm also taking the Liverforce, Zyflamend, and Wholemega from New Chapter since having a good experience with these multivitamins.

Dyson DC17 Asthma & Allergy Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Dyson DC17 Asthma & Allergy Upright Vacuum Cleaner

2.0 out of 5 stars Dyson Absolute, December 11, 2009
Impressed at first, but not so much after a few years. Highlights include:
1) Bagless system saving landfills and pocketbooks on bags.
2) Pretty good job on hard floor surfaces.
3) Got to give it props for style and advertising.
4) Does better than our Hoover Windtunnel on hardwood and tile floors.
5) We've never had to unclog the hose from pet hair.

What's not so great:
1) The plume of dust and debris glimmering in the light of the kitchen while emptying the cartridge
2) Even after washing the filter, we're greeted by the musty dander smell from our dogs as it runs though the system. The Absorb supplement helps, but we usually light a candle or two after vacuuming.
3) Detachment wand is cumbersome and brakes suction near the base of the hose when maneuvered for reasonable angles.
4) It's ridiculously hard to push on our rugs, including our large area rugs. Also, the brush agitator shuts off when it bogs down making it even harder to push and pull.
5) Although the canister has a quick release button on the handle for emptying, it's really not all that convenient to empty with pet hair. Hair get's stuck near the top of the chamber. So instead of simply pressing the button, we have to remove the outer canister to clear the top of the canister.
6) The canister doesn't hold near as much as a bag, so instead of changing a back once or twice a month, it has to be emptied 2-3 times in one cleaning at our house.

Not sure there's a "perfect" vacuum out there. We got the Windtunnel before the Dyson because of the good reviews in Consumer Reports, but it was not good at picking up loose debris like dust and dead grass tracked in by our pets on our wood and tile floors. Also, the hose was often getting clogged on the Windtunnel. My mom's Kirby cleans really well on carpet and hard floors, but changing attachments takes longer than my patience level affords. It also weighs a ton.

My wife, who has back trouble, helped her friend when she was bedridden with complications. Her friend had an Oreck, and she thought it was easy to maneuver and it seemed to do a good job, so that will probably be our next try. They have two dogs, but their house doesn't smell like it. The advertising pretty much tells you that it needs a "tune-up" once a year which, from what I can tell, involves changing the belt. Not terribly excited about having to do maintenance on a vacuum that often. But, it may not be too bad of a trade off for clean floors, ease of use, and a house that doesn't smell like dogs dander.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 7, 2010 4:50 PM PDT