Profile for Beth DeRoos > Reviews

Helpful Votes: 20498

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Beth DeRoos "Beth DeRoos from the California Sierra" RSS Feed (California Sierra)
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
DII 100% Polyester, Damask, Machine Washable, Holiday Tablecloth, 60 x 104", Wine, Seats 8 to 10 People
Price: $17.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Much nicer than shown in the Amazon photo, October 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Has a silk like feel, and rich appearance. The colour is beautiful and it is much much nicer than shown in the photo. Perfect for the upcoming holiday season.

Viva Labs Organic Coconut Flour: Non-GMO, and Gluten-Free, 1 lb Bag
Viva Labs Organic Coconut Flour: Non-GMO, and Gluten-Free, 1 lb Bag
Offered by Premium Vitamins
Price: $8.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Light delicate texture, October 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
While I have no need to eat gluten free, I do love cooking with coconut oil, fresh made coconut milk, shredded coconut. So chose this organic coconut flour because I use almond flour when making French macarons, and thought it would be interesting to use coconut flour as a change since it seems lighter than almond flour. Has a somewhat bland taste but the added sugar made cookies I did, taste wonderful. Easy re sealable bag.

The Dreidel that Wouldn't Spin: A Toyshop Tale of Hanukkah
The Dreidel that Wouldn't Spin: A Toyshop Tale of Hanukkah
by Martha Seif Simpson
Price: $12.82
39 used & new from $10.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely lesson for children from all walks of life, October 20, 2014
This book is wonderful even if you are not Jewish or do not celebrate Hanukah. Has a delightful lesson about thinking about others or even a 'pay it forward' theme.

All to often during the holiday season many people from all walks of life, and belief systems are looking to make money/profit, with empathy and even joy for others, often less fortunate, takes a back seat.

Also love the lesson in this story that shows that a high power made sure the dreidel didn't bring joy to two customers but did when it was in the hands of the child it was meant for.

DII Real Tree Insulated Cooler or Lunch Bag, Pink
DII Real Tree Insulated Cooler or Lunch Bag, Pink
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for lunch items...., October 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Not only is this a beautiful item it's the perfect size for more than lunch. On occasion when shopping I buy a couple pints or organic ice cream and they stay cold in this until I get home from the store. Also like that the four bottles of cold water I take with me, stay cold as well.

A friend wants one to carry the homemade baby food she makes for her baby when they go someplace. And I am going to see about keeping ice packs cold in it so when we are done bike riding, running etc we have ice packs if needed.

Nourishing Traditions: The Cookbook that Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and the Diet Dictocrats
by Mary G. Enig PhD
Price: $17.34
147 used & new from $11.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Nourishing Tradition says it all., October 18, 2014
Have loved this book for so long. Do wish the fermenting food section was bigger.

Love the mushroom, grains and legumes sections. As well as the whole grains, bread sections. The whole grain section tells you not only about each different grain but how to use the grain be it cereal, breads, casseroles.

Nice meat section, which I do not use much since we eat very little meat. But there are some good wild game recipes. And I agree with page 317 'Game is not usually considered a health food but it should be'. Also believe that home raised chicken, duck, goose are excellent choices for meat that is healthy.

The ginger ale recipe on page 586 is simple and tastes great. Also suggest people learn to make fermented ginger ale as well as root beer.

1Byone Amplified Digital Outdoor HDTV Antenna Extremely Long Range Reception for UHF/VHF/FM Radio 360 Degree Rotation
Offered by 1byone
Price: $39.99
2 used & new from $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it and I was skeptical, October 18, 2014
Big time skeptic since we live in the California Sierra amongst mountains, but sure enough with some tweaking so we got reception and it works. And we did not have to climb on the roof to mount, but used a sturdy wooden pole placed in a holder in the ground.

Was sent to us free in exchange for review.

Lysol Professional Disinfectant Spray, Original Scent, 19 Ounce
Lysol Professional Disinfectant Spray, Original Scent, 19 Ounce
Price: $8.49
41 used & new from $1.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Use this all the time. Be prepare for flu and cold season, October 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Use this all the time inside the home and have some in my car. With flu and cold season it's what we use to keep door handles, steering wheel, and other surfaces we touch, healthier. And I prefer the clean original scent.

Only wish they made an 8 oz size for inside our car, rather than needing the larger 19 ounce can.

iHomeSet® Mooncake Mold Set - DIY Plastic Mooncake Decoration Press Mould - Non Stick BPA Free - For Mid Autumn Festival, Parties - 12 Stamps and 4 Sets, 50g / 100g  (White)
iHomeSet® Mooncake Mold Set - DIY Plastic Mooncake Decoration Press Mould - Non Stick BPA Free - For Mid Autumn Festival, Parties - 12 Stamps and 4 Sets, 50g / 100g (White)
Offered by SKYBOK
Price: $29.99
3 used & new from $27.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for Mooncakes, October 16, 2014
Yes I know these are for making Asian Mooncakes, but I use them for making printed cookies,pressed ice cream servings, pretty pressed butter and even individual pressed rice servings. In fact I love items that have multiple uses. And these sure do.

Valuepedic Contour Ventilated Memory Foam Pillow, Standard Size
Valuepedic Contour Ventilated Memory Foam Pillow, Standard Size
Price: $21.60
2 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my needs, October 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Have loved these pillows, and I tend to like to sleep somewhat elevated so flip the pillow over so the high side is elevated. Love that my standard size pillow cases fit this pillow. And healthwise its perfect because it is mold resident, and non allergenic.

R & M Dog Bone 4 Piece Cookie Cutter Set
R & M Dog Bone 4 Piece Cookie Cutter Set
Price: $7.41
14 used & new from $4.75

5.0 out of 5 stars A size for all dogs, October 14, 2014
Love these and have been saving up various dog treat recipes since I have friends who have dogs and I like homemade treats to take to them. But these are also GREAT for when making dehydrated meat snacks, since I can take beef, chicken slices and cut them out with this cookie cutter, and when dehydrated they are healthier than the meat snacks pet stores sell and way less expensive.

You can also use them to cut sheet cake slices which I then frost and serve with a scoop of ice cream as a goofy dessert for friends. Also appreciate that their are 4 different sizes, although I use the biggest one the most. But for friends who have small dogs I am going to start making the tiny dog bone size treats.

One suggestion I have is when you cut the dog treat with this cutter that you use your fingers in some water to smooth the edges out so the dog cookie treat has a smooth nice appearance, before it is baked.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20