Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports
Profile for Raj > Reviews

Browse

Raj's Profile

Customer Reviews: 45

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Raj RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
iRobot Roomba 860 Vacuum Cleaning Robot
iRobot Roomba 860 Vacuum Cleaning Robot
Price: $499.00
18 used & new from $427.77

4.0 out of 5 stars This is my first Roomba - liking it so far..., March 20, 2016
Need something automated because I have three little ones and the kitchen and dining room always look like a disaster area after meals. I'm tired of constantly sweeping and vacuuming. So far the Roomba works really well. It seems to pick up everything. I like the large bin inside. Don't have to empty it until its done.

Few minor complaints. Wish it came with more than one of those light wall things. And for $500, I wish it had the iPhone app capability. I'd like to be able to have it start running automatically when I leave the house (like by connecting it to my Nest), but the scheduler should work fine for that. And it is loud. I'm sure it's not louder than other Roombas, and in it's defense, it is a vacuum cleaner after all (quieter than my Dyson), but I definitely can't have it running in the background while I'm on a conference call.

Lightkiwi® E7574 Warm White Dimmable LED Under Cabinet Lighting 4 Panel Standard Kit, 1120 Lumen, 3000 Kelvin, 24VDC, Dimmer Switch & All Accessories Included, Continuous Dimming, Aluminum Body
Offered by Lightkiwi
Price: $76.44
3 used & new from $76.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you need!, February 6, 2016
Worked great! Super easy to install. Appreciated that it came with everything I needed for multiple installation options. Ended up attaching all four lights together in one row, and then used the splitter as an extension cord so that I could reach the outlet. Looks great, like the dimmer option.

J.S. Hanger Extra Wide Rounded Shoulder Walnut Finish Wooden Coat Hangers with No-slip Bar, 3 Pack
Offered by E2E
Price: $49.00
3 used & new from $14.44

1.0 out of 5 stars Apologies to my fellow Amazon consumers..., January 19, 2016
I saw the negative reviews about the poor quality of these hangars. I have to admit, I thought, "aw... it can't be bad. these folks are all complainers. besides, the price is good, the pictures looks pretty good, it's worth a shot". Mistake. Hangars showed up broken exactly as others described. On the first hangar, the nail that holds in the cross bar had come off. It's like the manufacturer had never heard of glue. And I can't repair it as the crossbar and hangar are physically broken. Now I have to take it back to UPS. Ah well... next time I'll listen.

Thule Pack 'n Pedal Commuter Pannier, Black
Thule Pack 'n Pedal Commuter Pannier, Black
Price: $119.95
57 used & new from $99.49

4.0 out of 5 stars A very nice bag..., September 15, 2015
Been using this regularly for a couple weeks now. I really like this bag. Looks great (get lots of compliments). Like the laptop sleeve. And it's very well sized for a day pack. I really like the quick release off the Thule rack. By the way, the Thule rack had mixed reviews. I have to say, properly installed, it's the best rack I've found yet.

My chief complaints:

- The roll-top took a little getting used to. It slows you down a bit when you get off the bike and have to undo the roll-top, flip the hook door around, and take out the strap.

- Wish it had more zippered pockets on the outside. The one under the flap is way too small for much use.

Diamondback Bicycles Youth 2015 Octane 20 Complete Hard Tail Mountain Bike, 20-Inch Wheels/One Size, Red
Price: $269.00
5 used & new from $269.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bike!, July 7, 2015
Great bike. So much nicer than the 16" schwinn my son initially rode. Shimano hardware, aluminum frame, easily adjustable brakes. I don't know that much about bikes and I was still able to put it together in about an hour. But as with any bike, if you're not comfortable with putting it together, you should definitely take it to a bike shop (or buy it at a bike shop). The last thing you want is to install the brakes incorrectly and have them fail on your child in the middle of a ride.

Laguna Tools MBAND1412-175 14 x 12 Bandsaw, Black/Grey
Laguna Tools MBAND1412-175 14 x 12 Bandsaw, Black/Grey
Price: $1,172.00
4 used & new from $1,019.64

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bandsaw for home shop, February 4, 2015
I looked at several 14" bandsaws in this price range - Jet, General, Powermatic (okay, Powermatic doesn't actually have anything in this price range). I picked this one because it seemed the best geared for a home shop. Switching out and tensioning the blade was super easy even for a novice like me. Instructions were clear, ceramic guides easy to position, the tensioning knobs easy to use, and I like the little window to watch the tracking.

The whole thing is super sturdy. Lots of cast iron. The table is flat. The fence is nice too, has two positions for resawing and shaping.

My only gripes are that the accessories are kind of expensive. I bought an after-market rolling base for much less than the laguna one. Oh, one thing to look out for, my dealer cautioned me that the rubber on the tires is not great. They replaced them with after-market tires. Minimal cost. Bandsaw works great now.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 2, 2015 2:16 PM PST

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Great and recommended - but not as mind-blowing as the Nest Thermostat, December 8, 2013
I pre-ordered three for my house. I installed them about a week ago. Installation was straightforward, though I had one unit that just wouldn't power on until I messed with the screws on the battery cover a bit.

Things that I like about it so far:

- very striking design
- like the "nightlight" feature when you walk by (though my kids seem to be too short to consistently trigger the light)
- love the voice interface

I'll probably really like it over time but it's not as immediately mind-blowing as the Nest Thermostat, whose features such as remote control and scheduling were useful right away.

Hp Elitebook 8470p B5q11ut 14.0" LED Notebook - Intel - Core I5 I5-3320m 2.6ghz - Platinum
17 used & new from $189.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this laptop unless your company buys it for you, September 19, 2013
This laptop reminds me of the typical nondescript white sedan available at most car rental counters; it's reasonably comfortable, has decent horsepower, and has okay range. I understand why a corporate IT department would select this computer. It's very standard and has a good number of inputs and output. But I'd never spend my own money on one.

The keyboard doesn't feel substantial, the monitor has a very low resolution, and the machine looks heavier than it feels.

If an IT administrator, have at it. If you're buying a computer for yourself, go get a Macbook or a Thinkpad.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 9, 2015 9:25 AM PDT

Nest Learning Thermostat, 2nd Generation, Works with Alexa
Nest Learning Thermostat, 2nd Generation, Works with Alexa
36 used & new from $175.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Much more useful than I expected, August 30, 2013
I have to admit. I bought this mostly as a gadget geek wanting the coolest tech. I thought I was being a little nutty for spending $250 for a thermostat. But I'm really impressed with how functional the thermostat is. I change the temperature all the time from my bedroom or TV room. And I really like how easy it is to set a schedule. It was impossible to figure out the scheduling feature of my cheap-o old thermostat.

Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black)
Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black)
Offered by Happybabies
Price: $94.99
9 used & new from $49.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones - bass, fit, and flat cord (UPDATED), July 8, 2013
I bought these headphones based on a review at the wirecutter. I've tried (and lost) every major brand - Logitech UEs, Shure 215s, Shure 515s, etc. These are probably the most comfortable because I get a very secure fit without having to use the comply foam (admittedly a subjective opinion as everyone's ears are different).

Other, less subjective pros:

- love the flat cord
- bass is amazing
- good clarity in the mids, decent in highs

Cons:

- still prefer over the ear headphones for comfort and sound quality over the long period (Grados rock) - but that's probably not entirely fair.

UPDATE: I like these but after 4 weeks, the right earbud fell out of it's housing. I kept putting it back in, and finally lost the piece, rendering the headphones useless.

Unfortunately, I was on the road and needed a new pair of headphones ahead of a 4 hour flight. I picked up a pair of Shure 215s at an airport kiosk. I had forgotten how great Shures are built. Cord is nice and thick. And I know sound quality is subjective, but the Shures have a much tighter, cleaner sound. Just seems much better constructed than the vPulses.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5