Profile for Gillian Teixeira > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 31

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Gillian Teixeira RSS Feed (Boston, MA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments Book 6)
City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments Book 6)
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $10.67

4.0 out of 5 stars This book made up for the last 2!, June 14, 2014
Where to start with this book.... one I really really liked it. I finally felt as if we got back to more of a story line like the first book. There were some issues and something I didn't love (hence the 4 starts). But I will start with the like
1 - Jace and Clary... I love their story (maybe even more then Edward and Bella). In this book I think we really see them grow and finally get to see them function as a couple and a team. The faith they have in each other is such a great foundation for their love story. I think this story also showcases how young they are but how much they have been through and when you grown up fighting you grow up faster.
2 - the cave seen with Jace and Clary and so there are no spoilers I will just leave it as it was perfect!
3 - Simon.... he is just so great and while I thought he took a bit more of a back seat in this story then I would have liked, but he was on a page his friendship and loyalty really came through. I also loved seeing him and Izzy interact.
4. Alec, Magnus and Izzy... I just love all of their personalities and the way they are written is so great and they really take a step up in this book and all come into their own in a really good way. You also get to see sides of them I don't think we have before and it's nice to get such a full view of all of them.
5- the book as a whole... it had a bit of everything.... good background and set up, just the right amount of action and a good ending! It was just what I wanted in this book.

What I really didn't like and why I couldn't go with 5 stars....
1 - New characters.... we were introduced to a bunch of new characters and there were parts of the book where we spent more time with what I think of as secondary characters. This book was trying to get a lot covered but I almost think some of this could have been cut down. Emma and Jules were great, but I can't tell what they really added... while their story line helped with some of the plot I felt at some points they were being forced on it.
2 - (or maybe 1.a) The more I read about the new people added the more I saw the hint that new book was coming. Parts of this book were such a plug for what is going to happen with Emma.... you know what... I just invested myself into Jace and Clary for 6 books... taking time away from them to try and pull me into another set of books... not my thing and I didn't like it. I really thought that this book had such a great ending and really left me happy... but adding opening questions about new characters wasn't something I liked. But maybe that was just me
3 - I wish there had been a bit more of Brother Zachariah - I have always loved him... but I just wish he had gotten a few more pages, but maybe he will turn up in another book as well.
4 - I kind of wish there had been some sort of epilog maybe... nothing long... just anything that shows where everyone ends up in a few years... but maybe that was just asking for too much.

In the end I really liked the book so if you loved the first one... read this one... you won't be disappointed.

The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation: Unmasked
The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation: Unmasked
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great ending, May 25, 2014
I really didn't know if I would like this book... but I have to say I not only like it I LOVED IT!!! This was a great ending to this twisting series. This book started off a bit slow, but picked up pretty quickly and at some places the pacing was almost to fast for me. There were a few places where I had to re read the pages since there was so much going on. But (and without giving anything away) I have to say the way everything was wrapped up was great. It was a good book and a great ending!!!
This book made me really think about all of those point in your life when you are at a cross road and don't know where to go... and worry later that you might have missed out on something... but this showed that if something is meant to be.... no matter the road taken you will get there eventually.
The only reason I didn't give this a 5... was there were a few big typos here and there. One minute Elena would be with Bonnie and then they would say she was with someone else. So maybe it should really be a 4.5 instead.

Funko POP Television Glow TMNT Vinyl Figure, 4-Piece [Amazon Exclusive]
Funko POP Television Glow TMNT Vinyl Figure, 4-Piece [Amazon Exclusive]
Price: $34.99
6 used & new from $34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toys for kids, May 18, 2014
My kids saw these at a birthday party as a cake topper and LOVED them. When I saw them at Amazon in this 4 pack I knew I had to get them. My sons (3 and 7) haven't stopped playing with them and they seemed to really have held up. If you have a TMNT fan in your house these are a great buy. Also nothing is too pointy and nothing comes off so I don't mind my 3 year old playing with this set as to the other action figures.

Matched
Matched
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $5.81

3.0 out of 5 stars Started off Strong, May 18, 2014
This review is from: Matched (Kindle Edition)
I am really into they types of books and was super excited to read Matched. I thought it started off really strong, but I just found the book lacking as it went.
I don't know if it was the characters I just didn't get into or if it was the lay out. I almost think there might have been too much for one book. It was almost like an action movie with too many villains. I just didn't know where it was going.
I am sure I will pick up the next book, but I am not running to get it any time soon.

The Firebird
The Firebird
Price: $9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars I love follow ups, March 25, 2014
This review is from: The Firebird (Kindle Edition)
This book was good, I love all of Kearsley other books but Winter Sea has to be my favorite. So to get a follow up to that and also Shadow Horses it great in this book. While I really liked the characters and thought the story was great... the Russian history got to be a bit. It dragged the book out for longer then it needed to. I really didn't need to know about ever street in St. Petersburg. If you like Russian history I am sure you will give this book 5 stars. For me it was still a great book, maybe even 3.5... but I found some of the history taking away from the story.

Frozen (Plus Bonus Features) [HD]
Frozen (Plus Bonus Features) [HD]
DVD
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for all ages, March 25, 2014
I have two little boys (7 and 3) and even they love this movie. Between the great characters and fun story line everyone in the family was hooked right away!
So Don't let this go and grab a copy for your family today!

Iron Man 3 Helmet Cupcake Rings - 12 ct
Iron Man 3 Helmet Cupcake Rings - 12 ct
Offered by The_CornerShop
Price: $6.49
5 used & new from $2.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for all your super heros, November 18, 2013
We had a super hero party and I put these on all of the cup cakes. The kids love them. They are just how the look. The ring loops are small, totally for kids only. They added the perfect touch to my son's party and they were a great little extra for all the kids after.

Perfect on Paper: The (Mis)Adventures of Waverly Bryson
Perfect on Paper: The (Mis)Adventures of Waverly Bryson
Price: $1.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Quick fun light read... just want a raining weekend calls for, November 18, 2013
It was a light and cute read. The characters are funny and the story is more about friendship and finding what is right for you then about a boy and a girl, which was nice. Waverly is a good character and the Honey notes are very cute. I will read the next one.

Xtraflex Book Light: Black
Xtraflex Book Light: Black
by Mighty Bright
Edition: Kitchen
Price: $9.89
20 used & new from $4.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Best little light, October 23, 2013
This was my second one... I loved this little light so much that when the first one finally kicked the bucket I bought it again! I love to read at night with my Kindle, but my husband would like it darker and since I don't have a paperwhite this was my best option. FIts great on the case of my Kindle and is super light and flexible. It is bright, but not to brights. I have also used this for books once in a while and it works on every kind.

Wet-Stop3 Replacement Sensor Cord (Blue)
Wet-Stop3 Replacement Sensor Cord (Blue)
Offered by PottyMD LLC
Price: $15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars So needed, September 5, 2013
If you buy a bed wetting alarm... YOU MUST get this as well. When it's 2 am and your kid just had an accident and you are trying to put them back to bed, but the first senor is still going off cause it's not dry you will be so happy!!!! Get this and make the process so much easier and seamless.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4