Profile for Samuel Larsson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Samuel Larsson "Larseriklarsson" RSS Feed (Sweden)

iBrain: Surviving the Technological Alteration of the Modern Mind
iBrain: Surviving the Technological Alteration of the Modern Mind
by Gary W. Small
Price: $16.73
90 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty much what I had expected, December 21, 2008
I was curious when I first opened the book. I have just started an education within digital media and the subject was head on.

The book shows how our mind tries to coop up with the impressions we're feeding it with. If we're feeding it with a 24-7 computer screen and "multitasking" in the digtial field, we'll develop skills in the regions of our brain that are busy while doing this. But we don't have time for other practices so for example our face to face interaction will get understimulated. Especially if you're in an age when your brain grows alot, there is both good and bad with major iBrain impact that could effect you permanent.

I liked the book, but it felt kind of "pop-science" sometimes. I don't think many would agree that the human brain could evolve so much over just one generation (digitalnatives generation) that the book shows. But it was really intresting reading and gave me alot of stuff to work with when it comes to planning a workday in front of the computer without getting tired and zombielike 7 hrs later.

Read and discuss! But don't expect it to be course litterature in medicin.