Profile for Brenda M. Russell > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Brenda M. Russell RSS Feed (Vancouver, BC Canada)

Rabbit Stew and a Penny or Two: A Gypsy Family’s Hard Times and Happy Times on the Road in the 1950s
by Maggie Smith-Bendell
Price: $12.56
142 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Same book as "Our Forgotten Years", January 2, 2014
I ended up buying both books, because I didn't know.

This is a very interesting story - made enjoyable vacation reading.

Our Forgotten Years: A Gypsy Woman's Life on the Road
Our Forgotten Years: A Gypsy Woman's Life on the Road
by Maggie Smith-Bendell
Price: $17.24
31 used & new from $3.95

5.0 out of 5 stars This is "Rabbit Stew and a Penny or Two" with a different title and cover., January 2, 2014
I ended up buying both, because I didn't know. This book has some Gypsy recipes at the end - the only other difference.

Regardless which version you read, I found it very interesting.

YumEarth Organic Gummy Bears, 50 Count
YumEarth Organic Gummy Bears, 50 Count
Price: $21.00
5 used & new from $19.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy!, December 31, 2013
My daughter bought these for Hallowe'en, so I had some, too. I liked them so much I bought two packages of 50 to bring back to Canada with me.

Seventh Generation Pantiliners, 45 ct
Seventh Generation Pantiliners, 45 ct

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I need., November 16, 2012
I have used these for several years. They're light and comfortable, which is all I need at my age (66).

Desert Essence Lip Rescue Ultra Hydrating .15 Oz
Desert Essence Lip Rescue Ultra Hydrating .15 Oz
Offered by Nutrition Depot
Price: $5.00
22 used & new from $0.05

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favourite, February 7, 2012
These are creamy, easy to apply, and the price was great. I bought several, so that I'll always have one handy.

Dandy Blend, 7.05 oz Delicious Coffee Substitute! (Styles may vary)
Dandy Blend, 7.05 oz Delicious Coffee Substitute! (Styles may vary)
Offered by evitamins
Price: $9.95
4 used & new from $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this stuff!, June 5, 2010
I always buy two or three 2-lb packages at a time.

I like strong flavour, so I use a heaping tablespoon for a hot drink, plus cream.

For a summer iced drink, I use three heaping tablespoons of DB, and a heaping tablespoon of cocoa powder, plus cream, a bit of sweetener, and ice cubes. It is so good!

I still enjoy a good coffee when I can get it, but I definitely enjoy Dandy Blend!

Dandy Blend, Instant Herbal Beverage with Dandelion, 2 lb. Bag
Dandy Blend, Instant Herbal Beverage with Dandelion, 2 lb. Bag
Offered by ToysNGamesEtc
Price: $28.49
11 used & new from $27.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Pleasant Drink, August 2, 2009
I have now bought five 2-lb. bags of Dandy Blend. I use a heaping Tbsp with cream and I quite enjoy it. Not the same satisfaction as a good coffee, mind you, yet I do like it for what it is.

Sea of Serenity: Ocean Sounds Music CD
Sea of Serenity: Ocean Sounds Music CD
Offered by Pure White Noise®
Price: $12.97
2 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars not quite what I wanted, December 6, 2008
I wanted this to help me get to sleep with the sound of waves. When it's loud enough to hear the waves, the music is too loud, so for now the music, just loud enough to hear, is helping me get to sleep, but I'm disappointed about the waves. I've ordered a couple of other cd's with just waves. For just relaxing, it's fine.

Speedo Calorie Counting Pedometer
Speedo Calorie Counting Pedometer

5.0 out of 5 stars does what I need it to do, May 31, 2008
It's easy to just wear it all day and accumulate steps - glad I bought itl

Cooking with Coconut Flour: A Delicious Low-Carb, Gluten-Free Alternative to Wheat
by Bruce Fife
Price: $14.20
76 used & new from $2.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I have this book, March 1, 2007
IF you don't have a problem with eggs, this is a great recipe book. I've made several of the muffin recipes and and a few of the loaves as well. I reall like the taste and texture and have recommended the book to several people. Whether the results are high or low carb depends on which recipe you choose, and you do have a choice for many of them of using the stevia-only versions. You don't have to use a recipe with cornmeal or cornstarch; they're in those particular recipes for a reason, but not in all of them. You can choose coconut milk, or any other non-dairy milk. I don't get why some reviewers make things so difficult for themselves. Can they use every recipe in every other cook book they buy? I'm not interested in every recipe in the book, but there are many more I have yet to try, and will. Of those I have made, the ingredients, except for the coconut flour itself, are all readily available.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 16, 2014 11:58 AM PDT