Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale
Profile for sao95 > Reviews

Browse

sao95's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

sao95 "sao95" RSS Feed (U.S.)

Daddy, Where's Your Vagina? What I Learned As a Stay-at-home Dad
Daddy, Where's Your Vagina? What I Learned As a Stay-at-home Dad
by Joseph Schatz
Price: $17.99
38 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great look into the life of a stay home home dad, December 22, 2009
Overall I liked it. It was humorous and had some good information in it. I think some sahd's would enjoy reading it, but the long time sahd's wouldn't find it as enjoyable as someone just starting the path, but it's written more for the beginning sahd, so that's a give me. Since I've been a sahd for many years the parts I liked were those I could identify with, I.E. the mini-van. I loved the description of the mini-van; "the doors make some kind of weird machine gun sound when they lock. The VCR stopped working, the engine light comes on intermittently, and it always says we need an oil change.............With less than 100K miles of wear and tear, I can only point to one culprit-children." Two paragraphs later the inside of the mini-van is described as "fast food toys, napkins, hair clips, coloring, books clothing, and even money strewn throughout the interior. You know it is really bad when you see a perfecty good dollar on the ground and can't find the motivation to pick it up."
Point is Joe Schatz is funny. It's not all funny stories about poop being funneled up the back by the shape of the car seat, or vaseline stories, he also puts in a lot of very good information for a sahd, with an underlying message being, "hey, we've all started from where you are now, and we made it." I wish I would have had this book starting out. Just reading that the fears and concerns of being a sahd are held by others is reassuring. I recommend the book to new sahd, experienced sahd's who just want to have a few laughs, and mothers to boot. I think women would find the book amusing and in some cases enlightening.