Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Gear Up for Football Learn more
Profile for N. J. Simicich > Reviews

Browse

N. J. Simicich's Profile

Customer Reviews: 223
Helpful Votes: 2078

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

N. J. Simicich "Gadget Geek" RSS Feed (Labelle, FL United States)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Mobo Aluminum Water Bottle Holder, Black, Medium
Mobo Aluminum Water Bottle Holder, Black, Medium
Price: $19.22
11 used & new from $13.90

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not fit my Mobo bike., March 9, 2015
Does not work with the bike out it is supposed to work with. Disappointing.

Ekobrew Stainless Steel Elite, Refillable K-Cup For Keurig K-Cup Brewers
Ekobrew Stainless Steel Elite, Refillable K-Cup For Keurig K-Cup Brewers
Price: $13.91
22 used & new from $13.63

5.0 out of 5 stars If you don't overfill it, it works perfectly., March 9, 2015
This reusable K-CUP compatible reusable devicr works petfectly. Put one standard coffee measure into the chambrr, and brush the grounds off of the rim. It is hot when used. I have used mine hundreds of times and dropped it even. Don't overfill it.

ScoopFree Self-Cleaning Litter Box
ScoopFree Self-Cleaning Litter Box
Price: $129.95
31 used & new from $100.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Get refills as soon as you buy it. Do not expect more than 10 days on the initial pack., March 5, 2015
Our cat is a working cat, the kids love her, and the mice hate her. But my wife and I both hate the process of scooping, and without scooping, regular litter starts to stink in a few days no matter what the claims are. The cat puts up with it, but we can't. So, I ordered this to stop the arguing. For the first two weeks it was really odor free. I did not expect it to be. Then it started smelling a bit, and by the end of the third week it was rank. I had gone by the claim of 20-30 days for one cat, and had been waiting for my subscribe and save to arrive, and it got to the point where I had to buy an emergency pack. This is with one cat. I think that the end result will require 2-3 packs per month, for one small but hungry cat. This is still better than scooping all the time. But if it had actually lasted a month, I would have been a lot happier.

Caveat: This box Is way bigger than a typical cat box. If you have your current box in a place where it barely fits, measure. I do not think it is loud. Others do.

I wish the anti-tracking pad attached to the box somehow. It works marginally at best.

We had a small amount of poop that got stuck in the comb.

The cat started using it as soon as it was installed. We got the fancy one that counts cycles.

Flashman at the Charge
Flashman at the Charge
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Kindle edition rife with scanning errors, December 16, 2014
It is apparrent that the output of the scanner was not proofread. "It's a he!" cries Flashman at one point, when I'm sure lie was meant.

The typos were frequent enough to mar my enjoyment of the read.

Stranger in a Strange Land (Remembering Tomorrow)
Stranger in a Strange Land (Remembering Tomorrow)
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A story about a story, October 25, 2014
People who go to science fiction conventions tell a story about a bet made by Robert Heinlein and L. Ron Hubbard over dinner. The winner would be the one who wrote a book that started a religion. Heinlein wrote Stranger, and Hubbard wrote Dianetics.

Without the Martian language, humans can never do what the man from Mars did. We can't perform telekinesis, can't read each others thoughts, and can't understand why we should abandon monogamy. Heck, we can't even understand enough about our own bodies to control conception or disease transmission.

When I first read this book, I was a 16 year old kid. It rocked me. I am old, in the hospital with heart problems and pneumonia, and I have had to face my own mortality. I wanted to read this book one more time before I died.

I am glad I did.

Not so much for the story of Smith, but for the wisdom of Jubal Harshaw.

All that said, this book has to be read as a period piece. No Martians, no Martian language, and most people don't consider homosexuals "poor in-betweeners". HIV and friends changed the rules. I can imagine how a contemporary author would write it.

Still, reading this book is a life experience. I recommend it highly.

Sci-Fighters
Sci-Fighters
Price: $1.29

3.0 out of 5 stars lookout does not call out anything on the app, October 20, 2013
This review is from: Sci-Fighters (App)
I use lookout for phone security. It scanned the game's install file and didn't see any problem. It either does not have a signature for this Trojan or it is a fall positive.

In any case, I didn't play it. I thought the permissions were excessive for a game.

First Meetings: In Ender's Universe (The Ender Quartet series)
First Meetings: In Ender's Universe (The Ender Quartet series)
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I now want to read some other ender stuff, September 26, 2013
I have always been a great fan of the original ender book, and I really enjoyed it back when Card was allowed to do his "Secular Humanist Revivals" at SF cons. But I have been hesitant about sequels since the endless Dune trash. This process to me that Card can write in his universe. I will probably finish the stuff written in this universe now.

The Treasure Box
The Treasure Box
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $6.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a horror fan, September 26, 2013
This review is from: The Treasure Box (Kindle Edition)
I consider this book well into the horror genre. I am not a horror fan. It seemed inventive, but the ending was telegraphed from about the middle of the book. In general, I like Card's writing. Not this one so much.

The Simpsons: Tapped Out
The Simpsons: Tapped Out
Price: $0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for use on kindle fire HD big screen, July 19, 2013
This review is from: The Simpsons: Tapped Out (App)
I originally grabbed this app from the Google store and manually moved the install file to the kindle. The appsort of worked, but it nearly froze up all the time, and if I tried to visit a friends Springfield, it would, about 70% of the time, just drop me back to the home screen. Oh yeah, the big graphic was real fuzzy.

Well, I figured out was my lookout, since I moved the file, no guarantees, but lots of things work.

Then I saw the app on the Amazon store. When it was offered for the kindle HD, I thought that maybe they had applied some bug fixes. Wrong. The graphic looks nice, but the rest of the bugs are there.

It is nice to have a second device, no matter how badly it works in case the game reset you like it did me at level 25. I homed out of the game on my phone so it wouldn't sync but restarting it several times out me into a starting game. I was able to get my game back by playing it on my kindle, forcing a sync, and then logging in on my phone again.

I have never seen any of the problems described above on my old s2 or my new s4. I am a bit disappointed in how Amazon vetted the app for the kindle HD, I think that the problems don't show up until you have a lot of objects on the screen. My town is max level with many houses, businesses etc., so it likely stresses graphics. Phones have no trouble, kindle chokes...sometimes. I don't know why, but this app needs to be reevaluated for the kindle. On the phone I love it.

Lightning Bug - Sleep Clock
Lightning Bug - Sleep Clock
Price: $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars "Lightning Bug has stopped" - repeat ad nauseam, June 19, 2013
This review is from: Lightning Bug - Sleep Clock (App)
I get this message within one minute of starting the app. It took me five tries to turn the beta sound off after the app cajoled me into turning it on, because of repeated failures, but it made no difference, the app still failed quickly after startup. I am using an 8.9"kindle fire HD.

Given the unreliability of the app, I can only rate it one star.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20