100 Sci-Fi & Fantasy Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Grocery Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer redoaks redoaks redoaks  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage UnchartedBundle Shop Now Learn more
Profile for devthen > Reviews

devthen's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

devthen RSS Feed (somwhere out there)

Flashpoint Replacement BP-827 Battery Pack for Various Canon Digital Camcorders
Flashpoint Replacement BP-827 Battery Pack for Various Canon Digital Camcorders
Offered by Everydaysource
Price: $22.43
2 used & new from $22.43

3.0 out of 5 stars juice life???, April 21, 2010
Flashpoint has several sizes of these batteries and amazon reports 11% of BP-819 and 49% of BP-827 shoppers purchase the Flashpoint brand battery... BUT THERE ARE NO REVIEWS? I cannot find a single review or slightly detailed description regarding Flashpoint batteries on this or ANY site. Amazon sells these through Adorama in NYC, and I called them and they were not willing to gather any info regarding use of flashpoint batteries.

If any of you can give some feedback, it would be greatly appreciated. If any seller or the manufacturer can provide a few pieces of info, you would greatly facilitate sales.

MY MAIN QUESTION IS THIS: Is there any way to read how much charge the battery is holding/ has left? Do the Canon camcorders for which they are manufactured read and display juice levels, or are we just left guessing if/how much of a charge is stored at any given time?

Additionally, I assume that these charge the same way the Canon brand BPs charge? That is in the camera itself?
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 22, 2012 12:59 PM PDT

Geek Love
Geek Love
by Katherine Dunn
130 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars I hope..., October 22, 1999
This review is from: Geek Love (Paperback)
How surprised was I to hear some book called Geek Love(?) come so highly recommended, and who'd of ever thought I'd read it?... Then find me thinking, "I'm not finding this as disturbing or shocking as it seems set up to be," enthralled though I am... Apart from it's subject matter GL seemed familiar, similar to other works in several ways: writing style, theme, writer's trickery. Comparisons come easy and are valid. Yet this work stands, for me, very much on it's own, and the reading experience suggests it's greater than the sum of it's parts. Maybe it was a philosophy that hooked me (and then came Fight Club... ), or just some magic that I'm not sharp enough to identify. Eventually I discovered my jaw extended, telling me I could be surprised, that I wasn't immune. Oftentimes it was the complete, complex psychologies that impressed me most, and the work suffered when such details were half-baked. In Geek Love's world we may need to suspend much disbelief, but overall I found Dunn's logic surprisingly intricate. Her storytelling I found very effective, ever captivating, pulling me forward, forward, forward, while her "lyric" prose was there entertaining me throughout. Though I wanted at times to take a break (just to breathe, shake off the obsession,and assess: do I really like this book so incredibly much? do I LOVE this book??), I honestly felt rather powerless to slow down. I was also feeling uncharacteristically co-dependent: wanting everybody to read this book, at least talk to me about it, or ask questions, just please be interested too! please? I'll keep my criticisms from contaminating others' experience, but even halfway through, when I was able too pull myself away and relax, I found myself thinking about the book often and eager to spend time reading. Closing the book I may have lost some of my earlier enthusiasm, yet... find me turning back to that most marvelous of beginnings... I am satisfied, and for a time, however brief, I've awakened a bit more love, certainly compassion, for all you individual strangers that I pass out there on the streets of the real (flesh and blood) world. somethings persist: I hope everybody reads this book.