Profile for Altaf H. Lookmanjee > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Altaf H. Lookmanjee "Alookman" RSS Feed (Dallas, TX)

Page: 1 | 2
Emjoi Micro-Pedi Refill Rollers (Coarse and Extra Coarse)
Emjoi Micro-Pedi Refill Rollers (Coarse and Extra Coarse)
Offered by ShaveNow
Price: $19.95
4 used & new from $19.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Pricey Product with Marginal Performance!, July 5, 2013
The refills are overpriced (20) since each one barely lasts one use or. I stopped using it after the refills were gone. Frankly, you are better off using a manual device.

LINKYO Replacement Canon 128 Toner Cartridge - Black
LINKYO Replacement Canon 128 Toner Cartridge - Black
Offered by MymorExpress
Price: $21.99
2 used & new from $21.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, December 24, 2012
I have had good & bad experience with refurbs, but so far this toner cartridge is working good and no print problems of any kind. I definitely will reorder if all goes well.

JVC HA-NC120 Noise-canceling Headphones
JVC HA-NC120 Noise-canceling Headphones
Offered by DependableResource
Price: $48.98
51 used & new from $30.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent NC Head Phones for the Price, November 27, 2012
I have been testing them and frankly they do suppress noise when in public places. Most of the suppression is from the cup fitting tightly on ears and active suppression works okay. I compared them to my Sony MDR-V6 obviously not same sound quality really not much off!

There are better NC H/Phones but for someone on budget they are very decent sounding and good sound insulation. Comfort varies by our anatomy but they are okay for me. I got them for Fry's for 25 bucks and yes they worth it at that price not 50 bucks.

Durability, I cant speak but JVC needs to fix under warranty unless abused. I would carry them in my jacket or purse not backpack or carry on.

DeLonghi EC702 15-Bar-Pump Espresso Maker, Stainless
DeLonghi EC702 15-Bar-Pump Espresso Maker, Stainless
Price: $199.00
48 used & new from $90.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value for Under $200 Espresso Machine, March 6, 2012
I have had Delonghi EC702 for a YEAR and for $160 it more than meets my expectation of a good espresso.

I did consider Gaggia Classic but for for over 2 times the price, would it make 2 times better espresso? I doubt it would! EC7020 produces excellent espresso with nice gold creama and if it has weakness, the frother does take little effort to get that nice froth but it works.

I roast my own quality beans using Fresh Roast (170) and use excellent Capresso grinder and the results are very satisfactory. Instead of spending more on Gaggia or Rancillio consider spending money on roasting your own beans which will not only save money in long run but also provide higher quality fresh beans. Add a good burr grinder like Capresso for 100 bucks and you are set to be your own barista.

Few Tips to optimize your experience. Besides following the manual do as follows:
1. Don't press steam button till you have removed & emptied porta-filter, Cleaned spray head with rag/towel & flushed thru water till it's clean.
2. When steam button is turned on and green light comes on, let some steam out in empty cup and small amount of water will also come out initially. If lot of water keeps pouring out like 3-4 oz. than you need to clean your boiler per instruction. I use white vinegar at 50% dilution.
3 Froth 2% cold milk vs. skim milk with less rotation for micro froth.
3.I use medium roasted beans which give richer taste and less oil to clog the shower head or porta-filter. Good espresso is to mix African, S. American and Asian beans that are freshest.

Logitech Wireless Marathon Mouse M705 with 3-Year Battery Life
Logitech Wireless Marathon Mouse M705 with 3-Year Battery Life
Offered by Wisdom Deal
Price: $38.00
15 used & new from $17.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Mouse, November 26, 2011
I like the mouse a lot better than my old MS mouse whose battery life was very poor. It's very precise, smooth and has enough buttons for most applications plus long battery life.

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX9V 16.2 MP Exmor R CMOS Digital Still Camera with 16x Optical Zoom G Lens, 3D Sweep Panorama and Full HD 1080/60p Video
12 used & new from $131.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Comparison of Sony Dsc-HX9V vs. other Compact Zoom Cameras, October 17, 2011
A more accurate and sensible comparison is the DPreviews' work where six camera were compared. Their conclusion is a tie between Canon SX230 and Nikon 9100 with Sony HX9V coming in close 2nd. All cameras are great products with different areas of strength & weakness. I am considering Nikon 9100 vs. Sony HX9V. Reliabilty index by CR is in descending order of: Panasonic, Sony, Canon and Nikon. BTW best video Sony & Panasonic, best lens Leica on Panasonic, best lens range Nikon, best daylight images:Nikon, lowlight/night time images:Canon, best LCD display : Sony and Nikon (921k).

The best current prices are Sony @ Costco for $259.99, SX230 for $259.99 here, Nikon for $240 @ Walmart.com and Panasonic for $260 here. I selected vendors if I can return within reasonable time without restocking fees if its not a satisfactory product.

All these cameras are great products, so choice is based on what you value more! Hope this helps narrow down the choice!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 18, 2011 7:28 AM PDT

Capresso 565 Infinity Conical Burr Grinder, Stainless Steel
Capresso 565 Infinity Conical Burr Grinder, Stainless Steel
Price: $135.28
29 used & new from $104.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Grinder for under $100, March 26, 2011
I replaced my 25 year old Braun burr grinder with Capressso 565. It's amazingly good machine, it grinds evenly, no fine dust and the static is completely absent. All I have to do is figure the right setting to get that rich intense taste, the larger fine setting may be better than medium for my taste.

Yes, it makes smoother less acidic tasting coffee due to lack of heat and even grinding. It's not noisy and does not have the jet engine scream as my old machine did.

Mediabridge - RCA Component Video Cable - 6ft
Mediabridge - RCA Component Video Cable - 6ft

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, January 22, 2011
I was very satisfied with product quality and yes it's as advertised for less than half the local store's price for generic cable. All Mediabridge products have been pleasant surpises, since low price doesnt always yield very decent quality.

Atlantic 77335068 Satellite Speaker Mount Bracket
Atlantic 77335068 Satellite Speaker Mount Bracket
Price: Click here to see our price
52 used & new from $22.65

3.0 out of 5 stars Adequate For Small Speakers, January 20, 2011
It's made of plastic and worked with my Polk Audio 6750 5.1 HT speakers. I wouldn't hang heavy speakers (over 5 lbs) with these and the adjustment ring needs to be really tight to hold the speakers. The plastic anchors that came with it didn't work, so I used metal ones that screw into the wall. It's a fair deal for the price.

Denon AVR-2311CI 7.1 Channel A/V Surround Sound Receiver
Denon AVR-2311CI 7.1 Channel A/V Surround Sound Receiver
5 used & new from $475.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Denon AVR-2311CI Produces Sweet Music, December 10, 2010
AVR-2311CI was replacement for my 10 year old Kenwood AVR. I compared this unit to Onkyo 708 and Pioneer 1120 and all of them would be a good choice and less expensive, but what really decided for me was the music output on Denon's was excellent. Also, it offered 3 year warranty and Pioneer offers only 1 year.

Since my HDMI input on 5 yr. old Samsung has gone kaput, I can't truly make a fair evaluation of its highly acclaimed video processor but with component hook up it does a very admirable job. GUI works even with component hookup, which is not possible with Onkyo, must use HDMI out to TV and I think its true of all other brand names.

The HD radio sounds so much better than normal FM radio without even hooking up to outside antennae. Playing CD on my Sony Changer using digital toslink cable makes it sound amazingly better than ever before.

Setup was slightly difficult because of my TV's HDMI problem and it's a complex product and requires reading manual unless you are very tech savvy or Denon user. Denon's CS was very good in helping me out!

I did get a great deal at Electronic Expo, an authorized Denon web retailer. It was shipped very fast in well packaged box.

If 3D and USB is not a must than last year's models 2310/3310 or 890/990 are available at a very reduced price but make sure they are authorized Denon seller or warranty may not be honored.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 8, 2011 7:10 AM PDT