Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS
Profile for David > Reviews

Browse

David's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

David RSS Feed

ePhoto A120Bracket 16-Inch Beauty Dish with Elastic Diffuser
ePhoto A120Bracket 16-Inch Beauty Dish with Elastic Diffuser
Offered by ePhotoInc
Price: $39.99
2 used & new from $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked perfect, They fixed the mounting hardware, November 5, 2012
I purchased this product with a spare $15 dollar bracket as I'd heard such bad reviews about the ball mount. The bracket that arrived was not the pictured ball mount, but a solid joint bracket that tightens well and is more than adequate for the beauty dish.

The actual mounting of the flash to the bracket is good, but not sturdy, which should be fine unless you're handling the unit using the flash as a handle. Came preassembled with a few extra washers, was using it with my Neewer TT560 flash and cowboy studio wireless triggers within a few minutes. Can't recommend this product enough, whether you're an amateur or semi-pro photographer, or a professional working on a budget.

Neewer Pro Battery Grip for Nikon D5100 5200 D5300 DSLR Camera Compatible with EN-EL14 Batteries
Price: $25.57
14 used & new from $22.03

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Product, Buy it if you do any video, June 29, 2012
For the price, you can't beat this. Initially, upon unboxing, I thought it felt a tad light. However, once you're fully loaded with two batteries and its screwed onto the camera it feels good in the hand, allowing for a good grip in both orientations.

I had the same problem others have reported with batteries. I have two EN-EL14 batteries and if i load both batteries into the grip, then connect the grip, I get an error message on the camera about unsupported battery types. However, connecting the grip first, then loading one battery at a time seems to solve this.

A word to the wise, the included sync cable works great, however the 3.5mm jack on the unit itself wears out easy. Granted, i left the cable connected most of the time, and through the normal wear and tear of transport in my bag and use it eventually stopped working. I might have avoided this if I took the time to disconnect the cable during transport and storage. Eventually, the vertical shutter only worked if i pressed on the cable connected to the grip. Finally, during a rushed shoot, I pulled a little too hard and the jack broke off inside of the unit. I'm not too disappointed due to the price and will likely purchase another unit in the near future.

An added advantage of this unit is it stabilizes the camera a bit. This is huge, as I predominantly use the D5100 for video. It allows me to shoot much more handheld then I initially did. By changing the camera's center of gravity, it's not nearly as lens heavy.

An interesting note, my unit's battery door is stamped 3100, but works just fine.