Profile for Paymahn Sadat-moussavi > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 31

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Paymahn Sadat-moussavi "peteY" RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Call It Fate, Call It Karma
Call It Fate, Call It Karma

4.0 out of 5 stars intriguing.., November 6, 2013
This is a very nice throwback that is relatively surprising. I'm left wanting more of this style from The Strokes.

Good Day To Day
Good Day To Day

5.0 out of 5 stars Morbid and lovely., November 6, 2013
This review is from: Good Day To Day (MP3 Music)
Brilliant. The video is a must see. I love the darkness, and that the tune contradicts itself with its exterior layer of happiness blanketing a morbid and twisted underbelly.

80's Comedown Machine
80's Comedown Machine

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit different, but it works., November 6, 2013
This review is from: 80's Comedown Machine (MP3 Music)
Not quite up to par with some of their best, but very good. I do like that they have ventured out with their sound a bit and have made it work well.

Sleepless
Sleepless
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A very pleasantly unique find., November 6, 2013
This review is from: Sleepless (MP3 Music)
Very moody. You'll not likely want to listen to it at all times, but it's the type of music that can be inspiring during the right moments.

Spur (Clark Remix)
Spur (Clark Remix)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars magnificent, November 6, 2013
This review is from: Spur (Clark Remix) (MP3 Music)
This tune is in line with all of Clark's best. It is an absolute must have for fans of his more emotional work in particular.

Permanent Signal
Permanent Signal
Price: $14.28
45 used & new from $7.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Wait for it.., November 6, 2013
This review is from: Permanent Signal (Audio CD)
I'm happy I wasn't hasty writing a review for this release. Upon first listen, I didn't find it as appealing as the first release. Although I'll agree that the music here won't grab you like it did on the previous album, I must say that it will resonate much more. At least, this has been my experience. I find myself now listening to Permanent Signal much more than the debut album.
There is some wonderful music here to be enjoyed if given a chance. "The Way Out" is the top tune; my personal favorite.

Men's New Gym Workout Short Gary Majdell Sport
Men's New Gym Workout Short Gary Majdell Sport
Offered by Majdell Group
Price: $17.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit, May 7, 2011
I'm rather short at 5'8" and lift weights regularly so I have a 30" waist but have relatively big legs. I've been looking for retro shorts that fit well for a while now, as I'm not a fan of long shorts that tend to make me look even shorter. I ordered one size up (large) based on reviews and it worked out great! These shorts fit perfectly! They are short but not too short in my opinion and are very comfortable. There is more room in the under carriage area than other shorter men's shorts I've tried which is a HUGE plus. It would be nice if they had a pocket but that's a minor issue for me. PE shorts aren't supposed to have pockets anyway I guess.
These shorts are great for lounging around the house or working out in. I've ordered one in every color. I highly reccomend them. Just remember that unless your legs are modestly sized, order a size up!

Catch The Rainbow
Catch The Rainbow
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars 4 and 1/2 outta 5, November 11, 2010
This review is from: Catch The Rainbow (MP3 Music)
Absolutely wonderful! This is a poignant beauty.. punches you in the stomach, then reads you a bed time story and cuddles with you. You'll dream so lovely and wake up to loss. It's a short, yet powerful nap.
I only wish they would have included more bass in the production just to make the sound a bit more full. Believe me, I get what they are doing here with the style, but I think it can be tweaked a touch. Look to some of the works of Ulrich Schnauss and Casino vs Japan for reference. Their works are ethereal, dreamy and full of reverb, but tend to have a fuller sound. They don't, however, have the wonderfully gut wrenching vocals that are incorporated here.
Look to this lead singer's work with Genaro.. great stuff too.. a bit less dreamy, but lovely nonetheless.
I am oh so eager for the follow up to this dream. I'll enjoy this thouroughly until then.

Totems Flare
Totems Flare
Price: $15.26
42 used & new from $5.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Best since ETBOY, September 5, 2009
This review is from: Totems Flare (Audio CD)
I actually like this one more than Body Riddle, and it surprises me a bit. I thought it might end up being a bit on the poppy side. I was happy to find that Clark made it catchy, but made it work out so that it didn't sound cheesy. For the most part, I find myself enjoying the vocal element.
I still rate ETBOY as Clark's best, but this one is up there. As someone mentioned before, he is a bit ADD on this release, and it doesn't flow as well at times, although all of the sounds are quite nice.
This is a definite for any Clark fan, WARP fan or anyone with good taste.

Growls Garden Ep
Growls Garden Ep
22 used & new from $12.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Good mix of his classic and new sounds, March 24, 2009
This review is from: Growls Garden Ep (Audio CD)
This is a fine EP, mixing some of his finest melodic moments with his newer, Turning Dragon-style clubby tracks. I still much prefer the classic sounds, which is why I really like Growls Garden, Distant Father Torch and Farewell Mining Town. Seaweed is a pretty nice track as well, and is reminiscent of some Aphex Twin's Analord works. The only track that pains me to listen to is Gonk Roughage, which reminds me of some lame 90's house.
Very nice EP overall. Clark just has a style and sound that is still unmatched. There is nothing he's come out with that is run of the mill.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4