Profile for ithilgore > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

"ithilgore" RSS Feed (Cottonwood, AZ USA)

Love
Love
Price: $8.99
41 used & new from $2.32

5.0 out of 5 stars WISH I COULD HAVE BEEN THERE, November 9, 2001
This review is from: Love (Audio CD)
I grew up in the midwest and was a senior in college when I worked with a newly transplanted California native who talked about missing Love and the Montebello Bowl. I had no idea what she was talking about. I liked the Byrds and a few others, but at that time Kansas City was a vast radio wasteland. If we heard anything from either coast it was three or four months after the fact. After "What's New, Pussycat?" I had a bit of a clue and My Little Red Book recieved very limited airtime. We got ahold of this album through a special order because you couldn't just walk into a store and pick it up. What a shame that all the talent and originality of Arthur Lee didn't get the recognition he deserved and other groups manufactured to fit went on to fame. My favorite song has always been A Message to Pretty, which my friend, and probably a thousand other girls, believed was written for her. I'm just grateful that now those long lost LPs can be replaced so my kids can listen.

Rage of Mages 2 - PC
Rage of Mages 2 - PC
Offered by DEBSBANKSCRAP
Price: $21.25
11 used & new from $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars The box looked cool, but the game wasn't., February 18, 2000
This review is from: Rage of Mages 2 - PC (Video Game)
Being a novice gamer, and learning on Might and Magic 6&7, which I really got hooked on, I thought I would branch out and learn some different formats. This game looked interesting, but you can't judge a game by the artwork on its box.
I didn't like the way the party moved, especially on a dark map where you don't know what you're walking into until it gets you. Being new at the forms of combat, one character was getting clobbered while I was trying to move one of the others. Part of the time they attacked each other. My archer got killed so many times I gave up having one.
This is small, nit-picky stuff, really. I just didn't like it enough to put more effort into learning how to do it. It reminded me of watching my son play similar juvenile looking games on his playstation. And finally, it wasn't pretty, like Ring or The Wheel of Time. It looked like they used somebody's model train layout without the tracks for scenery. I disliked it so much I even uninstalled it, and I rarely do that with anything. I wish I had my money back.

Deep Impact
Deep Impact
DVD ~ Robert Duvall
160 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Somebody spent good money to make this TURKEY!, March 8, 1999
This review is from: Deep Impact (DVD)
How could Morgan Freeman and Robert Duval have gotten themselves into this boring, stupid, and totally un-entertaining waste of time and money? By the time it was mercifully over, I was embarrassed to think I had actually watched the whole thing, let alone spent money to rent it. The only redeeming factor was my hopeful anticipation that just maybe, something bad might happen to Tea Leoni's obnoxious mouth-breathing character. I liked all the goofy, over the top "heroes" in ARMAGEDDON and cheered when they succeeded. In DEEP IMPACT, after the first few minutes, I was rooting for the comet.