Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS
Profile for J. Harvey > Reviews

Browse

J. Harvey's Profile

Customer Reviews: 74

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Harvey RSS Feed (Boston)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Fintie NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet K1 SmartShell Case - Ultra Slim Lightweight Stand Cover with Auto Wake/Sleep Feature for 2015 NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet K-1 8.0 Inch, Fit for 2014 NVIDIA Shield 2 8", Black
Offered by Fintie
Price: $7.95
3 used & new from $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite perfect, but pretty good, February 21, 2016
This is a pretty good case, and at a much more palatable price than NVIDIA's option. My only gripe with it is that you only stand it up near-vertical. If you want to stand it up near-horizontal, it falls down on the table. I'm guessing it's because the hinge area of the cover isn't rigid.

Still, it looks decent, keeps the screen safe, and reliably shuts the tablet off when I close it, so it's worth it.

LinkS 3 in 1 USB 2.0 Hub 2 Ports + OTG Function+Ethernet Compatible for PC, Cell Phones, EReaders, Tablets
Offered by Links3C Technologies
Price: $16.99
2 used & new from $14.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Shield Tablet owners: This is what you're looking for, February 21, 2016
I was looking for a way to plug my NVIDIA Shield Tablet K1 into power and Ethernet at the same time (for game streaming), and this does the trick perfectly. You can even plug a wired controller, keyboard, or mouse too if you want. Just make sure you plug everything into the hub FIRST, and THEN plug it into the tablet.

It also works in Windows. I tried it on a MacBook Pro, and it wasn't recognized, but didn't fiddle with it because that's not why I bought it. If you're getting this for a Mac though, be wary - it might not work.

PNY 128GB High Speed MicroSDXC Memory Card (P-SDUX128U160G-GE)
PNY 128GB High Speed MicroSDXC Memory Card (P-SDUX128U160G-GE)
Price: $29.99
54 used & new from $25.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage. Spend more for a better brand., February 21, 2016
I thought I might be lucky despite the bad reviews, and get a 128GB card inexpensively that worked as advertised.

Nope. On a Mac, a PC, and a tablet, I got the same 25 MB/s sequential read speed each time. That's a far cry from the 60 MB/s that the product page says. To make sure, I checked my Samsung 32GB Evo, which is rated at 48 MB/s, with the same program. I got 46 MB/s, pretty close to what they were advertising. Returned. I'll be getting Samsung or Sandisk next time.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 23, 2016 2:50 PM PST

Fitbit One Cable, TUSITA(TM) Replacement USB Charge Charger Charging Cable Wire for Fitbit One (15cm) Wireless Activity Bracelet Sport Band Wristband Armband
Offered by KirinStore
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper is not necessarily worse, January 24, 2016
There's nothing special about Fitbit's charging cables, it's just a regular USB charging cable in a slightly different form factor, which they then charge you way too much for. Don't take that crap from them, get this one instead. It works just as well and is priced much more reasonably.

Shovel Knight Amiibo - Nintendo Wii U/ 3DS
Shovel Knight Amiibo - Nintendo Wii U/ 3DS
Offered by CAN'T BEAT US!
Price: $19.19
42 used & new from $12.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just a great third-party amiibo, but a great amiibo, January 24, 2016
Works great, just like Nintendo-made amiibo, and the co-op and customization benefits you get from it in Shovel Knight for Wii U are definitely worth it!

I just wish I'd known you could scan it through the box before I opened mine, because not only is the DLC cool, the figure is pretty nice too. You can't tell it's licensed just by the quality. If anything, I think it may even be a bit more detailed than your average amiibo.

Plus, you can actually buy this! It's not continuously out of stock, and I don't think it's due to lack of demand either. Kudos to Yacht Club for learning from Nintendo's foibles when it came to amiibo availability, and avoiding them with their release.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 31, 2016 12:00 PM PST

Fintie Mini HDMI (Type C) Male to HDMI (Type A) Female Gold Plated Connector Converter Adapter
Offered by Fintie
Price: $5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Make sure there's plenty of room around your mini-HDMI connection, January 24, 2016
This works as advertised, but there's a slight problem with it: this connector is rather wide, so if there's another port next to your mini-HDMI port, it might get blocked. The mini-HDMI and USB ports on my Shield Tablet K1 are pretty close together, and it's tough to plug things in both at the same time. So before you buy this, make sure there aren't any ports that will be covered up or blocked by it when it's plugged in. Even if it looks like there will be enough room, you might want to get a mini-HDMI to HDMI cable instead, just to be sure.

Philips  Morning Wake-Up Light With Colored Sunrise Simulation and Dusk Fading Night Light, White, HF3520
Philips Morning Wake-Up Light With Colored Sunrise Simulation and Dusk Fading Night Light, White, HF3520
Price: $119.95
48 used & new from $110.62

3.0 out of 5 stars It just didn't work for me - and as a result, wasn't worth the price, January 24, 2016
I really wanted to like this thing, I really, really did. I have trouble waking up in the morning - I'm one of those people that hits snooze over and over. After seeing a ton of great reviews, including one from Gizmodo, I thought this might be able to help. I didn't think it would turn me into a morning person, but at least make dragging myself out of bed a little easier.

I liked the alarm sounds, lots of options to customize the wake-up light settings, and the night light ability. But in the end, it just didn't work as advertised. I was just as groggy as ever. I made it brighter, I made it darker, it didn't matter. However this is supposed to work, it just didn't work for me. I liked it as an alarm clock, since it was far less jarring than a standard alarm, but that's not worth $110+ for me. I ended up returning it.

That said, don't let me dissuade you. Definitely try it and see if you like it. Just hang on to the box, in case you don't.

Bio Bidet Simplet BB-70 Fresh Water Spray Non-Electric Mechanical Bidet Toilet Seat Attachment (Metal Hose)
Offered by Homevana Design
Price: $35.00
36 used & new from $21.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Everybody needs one of these things. Seriously., October 27, 2015
As toilets go, Europeans have got it figured out. Wiping with only a small thin tissue between you and poo seems gross because it is, and if you ever have to wipe more than a couple of times a day, your butt is going to feel like your nose does after you wipe it a thousand times with cheap tissues. Don't do it. Get this instead. You won't need those fancy wipes any more either, you can just pat dry with a couple squares of TP afterward.

Installation was pretty easy (though one of the rubber stoppers fell out of the T-valve, and I didn't realize what I needed it for until it started dripping when I turned the cut-off valve back on) and use is simple. Click once or twice and it trickles downward so you can wash manually if that's your thing. Click three times, and you've got a Super Soaker jet aimed at you. Don't go up to four or five unless you want to give yourself a colonic irrigation.

My wife found that it has intermediate settings, so if you turn it just a little past two clicks, it gives you a nice gentle jet with not quite so much force as three clicks. Whatever you set it to though, just make sure you're sitting down at the time - it's got a lot of pressure behind it, and without you to stop the stream it'll fly over to the nearest wall.

Travelwey Money Belt Travel Waist Bag (Beige / Extra Long) (Max Waist Size 55 inches)
Offered by Travelwey
Price: $11.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Not for the fashion-conscious, September 29, 2015
It does the job - holds your stuff while staying hidden and preventing pickpockets. I looked like a doofus reaching into my pants to pay for things though.

HORI amiibo Collect and Display Case for Nintendo amiibo Figures
HORI amiibo Collect and Display Case for Nintendo amiibo Figures
Price: $7.99
6 used & new from $6.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for nearly all amiibo, OK for Yarn Yoshi, September 29, 2015
This is great for showcasing amiibo that are taken out of the box. And why wouldn't you? You actually want to use them, right?

It's perfect for nearly every amiibo EXCEPT the Yarn Yoshis. Since they don't have a base, they don't fit into the hole for the stand. You can thread the tag through the slits in the hole to go out the bottom, but it'll still move around in there awkwardly if you jostle it. No lost star for that though, since Hori couldn't have anticipated that. Still, I got this for my wife and she was happy with it anyway since the intention was to keep the yarn figure cat hair free, and it has been.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8