ARRAY(0x9f7edcec)

Customer Reviews: 44

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Harvey RSS Feed (Atlanta)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Genie G3T-R Intellicode2 3-Button Remote
Genie G3T-R Intellicode2 3-Button Remote
Price: $19.87
41 used & new from $13.32

5.0 out of 5 stars HomeLink sucks, get this instead, July 21, 2013
My fiancée has a 2011 Sonata with HomeLink, and you'd think a guy with three engineering degrees would be able to figure out how to program that to open our Genie garage door, right?

Nope. I literally spent hours trying to program it, following the instructions, online guides, and forums. Nothing worked. Eventually I said screw it and just bought another remote, the product in this page.

Setup with our SilentMax 1000 was so easy compared to that. I just followed the instructions for two minutes and it immediately synced up. Worth every penny!

High Road TrashStand Leakproof Car Litter Basket - XLarge
High Road TrashStand Leakproof Car Litter Basket - XLarge
Offered by MMP Living
Price: $18.00
7 used & new from $17.97

5.0 out of 5 stars A great addition to the car, July 21, 2013
This does everything a car trash bag should do. It Velcros to the floor so it doesn't move around, it contains any liquid or damp trash if it gets in there, it collapses for easy storage, and it holds a surprising amount of stuff. It's certainly better than my previous grocery store bag and throw it in the back seat approaches.

I have a 2012 Sonic and put it in the back between the two seats, but in such a way that I don't have to turn around and look at it in case I'm putting a fast food wrapper in there or something.

eForCity 3-Pack Anti Scratch Reusable Screen Protector Compatible With Nintendo Wii U Gamepad Remote Controller
Offered by Hot Balloon USA
Price: $5.99
5 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Basically required for Nintendo Land, July 21, 2013
Let me just start by saying that this screen protector does its job well and prevents minor scratches while being easy to install, without any air bubble problems. If that's all you wanted to know you can stop right there.

For those who like stories, here's why I got this in the first place:

Before I got this, I was playing the Ninja Castle game in Nintendo Land, and anyone who's played that game knows you have to vigorously rub the stylus quickly many times on the Gamepad screen to throw shurikens. After a couple of hours, I noticed that my screen was scratched. Uh oh.

So I called up Nintendo and said that their stylus isn't supposed to scratch the Gamepad, right? And they said no, not during normal gameplay, which is clearly what happened here. So they agreed to repair the screen for free so long as when I got it back, I got a screen protector that had the Nintendo Seal on it. Which this one does... I think. Anyway, as I said way up there, it works great. It's a good value, and you get two more to give your friends or yourself if you mess up the install. Can't beat that!

Litter Genie 3-Pack Standard Refill for Litter Box
Litter Genie 3-Pack Standard Refill for Litter Box
Price: $23.94

5.0 out of 5 stars A great multi-day solution for litter boxes not near the garbage can, July 21, 2013
I was skeptical at first when my fiancée got this for our two cats. It seemed expensive for the job it's doing. Grocery store plastic bags are free! But the litter boxes are on the third floor of our house and the garbage can is in the garage, so it's a lot more convenient to use this than it is to take the stuff down there all the time, especially since the two of them fill the boxes very quickly.

This thing is basically a really long plastic bag inside a cartridge. Pull it down, tie it off and shut the top of the machine. Put the stuff in there, and when the bag gets full there's a cutter inside to cut the top so you can take it out and repeat. This really cuts down on the "room smells like cat" problem too. Highly recommended.

Borderlands Bundleganza [Download]
Borderlands Bundleganza [Download]

5.0 out of 5 stars Hundreds of hours of guns-blazing action with up to three friends, July 21, 2013
Borderlands and its very similar sequel Borderlands 2 are definitely up there in the top 10 cooperative multiplayer games. It's easy to find and connect to your friends and just start shooting stuff together. The story is easy to follow, or you can just straight up ignore it, and boss fights are challenging. Simple as that.

If you've already played Borderlands, Borderlands 2 is 99% the same. There are some improvements, like that uses your Steam friends list instead of a Gamespy login, everyone can change the current mission instead of just the host, etc., but don't expect a 180 degree turn here. Even the new classes bear a lot of similarities to the old ones. That said, more of the same has been working for Super Mario for 30 years, so why not this?

You get all Borderlands DLC in this package, though I didn't install the Zombie Ned or Mad Moxxi add-ons because of SecuROM- the main game and other DLCs don't have it.

Borderlands 2 has a LOT of DLC. This package, which includes the season pass, has the first four DLC mission packs plus the vault hunter DLC which increases the level cap. It does NOT include the additional Mechromancer and Psycho classes, so nab those separately here or on Steam if you want them and start shootin' masked shirtless dudes!

Hyundai iPod Charge and Play Audio, Video Cable - Control From Your Wheel (Packaging May Vary)
Offered by Hyundai Wired
Price: $0.25
16 used & new from $0.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Great alternative to expensive dealer cable, even for iPhone 5 (with adapter), July 21, 2013
Not much I can say about this cable other than that it just works and it's a great value. My fiancée uses it in her 2011 Sonata. I was hesitant at first because she has an iPhone 5 and I thought it might not like a 30-pin to Lightning adapter, but the two work great together. It displays song info, even for third party apps like Spotify. Highly recommended for vehicles that need it.

Update: Works on 2013 Sonata Hybrid as well.

NCAA Georgia Collectible Mini Football Helmet
NCAA Georgia Collectible Mini Football Helmet
Price: $24.99
21 used & new from $19.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Sticker fail!, July 21, 2013
This was for my fiancée. I have a Schutt University of Michigan mini helmet (signed by UM Heisman Trophy winner Desmond Howard when he was in town for an alumni event, woot!) and it's great.

This one, though... they clearly used stickers for the G on each side, and the stickers clearly weren't meant to stick to a curved surface. There were little V-shaped pockets around the stickers, and no amount of sticking those down fixed them. Very disappointing.

If you're convinced you want to buy one of these - and I can't blame you, they're pretty cool - you should go to a sports memorabilia store so you have a chance to take a good close look at the helmet first. Or you could get Riddell's version, perhaps they don't have this problem.

Terraria Collector's Edition
Terraria Collector's Edition
Offered by RAREWAVES-IMPORTS
Price: $17.52
13 used & new from $17.52

5.0 out of 5 stars More than just flattened out Minecraft, July 21, 2013
One might be quick to dismiss this game as just Minecraft in 2D, but I was blown away by just how deep and addictive Terraria is. While it retains the mining and crafting aspects of its 3D cousin, Terraria puts a much greater emphasis on NPC interaction, combat, events and bosses. Each biome has not only unique building materials but unique monsters and loot as well. It'll take you days to explore even the smallest world you can make. Multiplayer is fun, though a bit annoying to get started since it takes the 90's route of having to set up and connect to a server manually. Hope you know how to use port forwarding on your router!

Despite that, I highly recommend this game. I actually found it to be a lot more similar to the more recent Super Metroid-style 2D Castlevania games like Symphony of the Night in terms of character customization, exploration and combat, which are what really drew me in.

amFilm Premium Screen Protector Film Clear (Invisible) for Apple iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5 (3 Pack) [Lifetime Warranty]
Offered by TechMatte
Price: $6.95
3 used & new from $4.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Adequate to the task, January 30, 2013
Let me first say that I haven't put this screen protector to the test, that is, seen it go up against damage. But the screens I've put it on haven't been damaged, and it makes the fingerprints a lot easier to get rid of.

I'm glad there are three in the pack because installing screen protectors is always a pain. This way you at least get three tries. I've put them on two different iPhone 5s now, and I'm pretty sure the trick is to make sure the screen is FLAWLESS before you put one on. Even the smallest particle of dust will become an air bubble. The first phone took me two tries, but with the second phone I only needed one.

I couldn't keep air bubbles off the edges, but if you have a case, the case should cover the corners. The bubbles won't reach the screen, in any case. Overall, I'd recommend this. If you need something more robust, Zagg's Invisible Shield is still out there... though that's a much bigger pain to apply and most people don't need that level of protection.

One Christmas At a Time
One Christmas At a Time
Price: $8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars More hits than misses, December 19, 2012
I got to see John and Jonathan in concert a short time ago, where they played four songs from this album including "Uncle John". Jonathan forgot the lyrics to the second verse and actually tried to Google them to no avail. He did eventually remember, which is good, because that's probably the best song on the album (perhaps because I have an Uncle John and will someday be one). Everybody has that annoying relative that always shows up at holidays, so it's relatable and funny. As for the other songs...

"One Christmas at a Time": Funny on the first couple of listens. Somewhat awkward after that once you know the joke.

"2600": Catchy as hell. I didn't have an Atari 2600, but I did have an Atari 7800, which could play the 2600's games, so close enough. If you're under 30, this song probably won't make much sense to you.

"Christmas in Jail": The country ballad style mixes things up a bit. Amusing.

"Christmas in July": Heavy on the ukelele. Not explicitly humorous, but definitely a different kind of Christmas song that makes you wish you were spending it someplace warm.

"Christmas with You Is the Best": A cover of the song by The Long Winters (John Roderick's band). Despite the name, the song discusses skipping a traditional Christmas altogether and celebrating it in your own way.

"Christmas is Interesting": Another re-tread of an old song that was on Jonathan Coulton's first album, Smoking Monkey. It's a hodgepodge of the depressing parts of traditional Christmas tales. When I had it on in the car with my girlfriend and paid attention to the lyrics, I skipped to the next track. Its inclusion is somewhat odd here considering the other songs are mostly humorous, uplifting, or upbeat at the very least.

"The Week Between": Refers to a somewhat uncommon topic, the week between Christmas and New Year's Day. Fills a niche that this song itself created, perhaps.

"Wikipedia Chanukah": A recitation of Wikipedia's article on Hanukkah over a dance beat. Kind of weird, but informative if you're not Jewish, I guess? John Roderick said this was a "hardcore dance song" on his Twitter. I assume he was kidding.

"Christmastime is Wunnerful": A light piece starting with ukelele and more instruments added in as the song goes on. Lyrics consist mostly of repetition of the title. Probably the only song on the album which could be considered a traditional Christmas song.

Overall, the album has a wide range of styles and tries for a lot of different things. It's worth buying for "Uncle John", "2600", "Christmas in July" and "Christmastime Is Wunnerful" alone, but aside from "Christmas Is Interesting" which is just creepy, the rest are worth a listen as well. If you're a fan of Jonathan Coulton's other albums, you'll probably resonate with the humor and style a lot better, but you don't have to be in order to enjoy this.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5