Profile for J. Harvey > Reviews

Helpful Votes: 1912

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Harvey RSS Feed (Boston)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Canon PG-210 XL CL-211 XL and 4-Inches x 6-Inches - 50 Sheets
Canon PG-210 XL CL-211 XL and 4-Inches x 6-Inches - 50 Sheets
Price: $39.99
103 used & new from $34.90

3.0 out of 5 stars Sigh, August 27, 2014
Works great, but it may as well be liquid gold for as much as you're paying for it. Thank goodness this qualifies as a home office expense for me.

Candy-colored Green Geneva Silicone Colorful couple of style quartz watches
Candy-colored Green Geneva Silicone Colorful couple of style quartz watches
Offered by One2Free-ShopMALL
Price: $2.73
10 used & new from $2.73

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage, August 27, 2014
Arrived with a battery so weak that it lost 15 minutes per day. Seller recommended replacing the battery, but that would cost as much as the watch. You get what you pay for, though in this case Amazon refunded it. Thanks Amazon.

Pilotwings Resort - Nintendo 3DS
Pilotwings Resort - Nintendo 3DS
Offered by stevevideopa
Price: $14.00
84 used & new from $4.86

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth a few bucks if you find it in the bargain bin, July 28, 2014
Boy, Nintendo really does like re-using Wuhu Island, huh?

It's been in Wii Fit, Sports Resort, Mario Kart, and now this. And it's no different, so flying around is going to be just like it was in those games. Still, even with a re-used setting, there are some fun challenges that will give you 5-15 hours of gameplay depending on whether or not you're a completionist. You might want to turn the 3D slider down a bit while you're playing though, I found myself cross-eyed quite a bit.

Asus VG VG23AH 23-Inch Screen LED-lit 3D Monitor
Asus VG VG23AH 23-Inch Screen LED-lit 3D Monitor

5.0 out of 5 stars Forget the 3D and it's great, July 28, 2014
This is a fantastic monitor... if you completely ignore the 3D function, that is. The 3D is terrible. Put the glasses in a drawer and forget about them. Seriously.

Some people see horizontal lines when looking at the monitor, and when I first look at it I see them too. But I keep looking for a few seconds and they're gone. It's really not a problem at all.

The speakers are just okay. Obviously you need better speakers if you care at all about your audio, but if you have no other speakers, they get the job done. Strangely, with my MacBook I can't adjust the volume in the OS, just within programs and on the monitor itself. My desktop PC is able to adjust the volume though. Strange, but not a big deal.

Overall, it's a great IPS monitor at a good price. I'm okay with this.

Energizer 3x Charge Station for Wii U
Energizer 3x Charge Station for Wii U
Price: $18.65
47 used & new from $18.65

4.0 out of 5 stars Works and looks great, assuming you have black Wii remotes and no Gamepad case, July 28, 2014
Pros:
- Stylish
- Wii Remote batteries hold charge for a long time
- Gamepad charger works just as well as the Nintendo cradle provided with the deluxe set

Cons:
- You need alternate battery doors even when not charging, and they only come in black, so they look silly on remotes of other colors
- If you have a case, shell, or cover on your Gamepad, it won't fit. There is zero extra clearance in the cradle (my Gamepad fits in the Nintendo cradle perfectly even with the shell on it)

Credit Card Folding Safety Knife (Black)
Credit Card Folding Safety Knife (Black)
Offered by Johnson Wholesale Products Hong Kong
Price: $2.00
52 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Super snail mail, but does what it says on the tin, July 28, 2014
It took several weeks to get here, but once it did, it was as described - an easy-to-use knife in a credit card shape. It takes some folding to get it in position but once it's there it's held together pretty securely. I have it in my car, since trying to carry it in my wallet might land me in trouble with the TSA if I were to forget about it...

Anker® 3.5 inch Front Panel USB Hub with 2 USB 3.0 Ports [20 Pin Connector & 2ft Adapter Cable]
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit tough to insert and remove cables but otherwise OK, July 28, 2014
Not much to say about this, it does what it says on the box - adds two USB 3.0 ports to your computer, given that your motherboard has a free USB 3.0 internal connection point. Installation was simple, just mounted it in a drive bay and plugged the cable in.

My only gripe is that the ports themselves are a bit stiff. USB cables are hard to insert and remove, and I'm concerned I might damage them, which defeats the whole purpose of USB. Still, I get good throughput off my drives when plugged in here, and I won't hurt the cables as long as I'm careful, so I'm mostly happy with it.

WTR Key Finder-Wireless key RF locator, Remote Control, Pet, Cell, (FREE extra set of batteries) by "Where's the Remote?"
Offered by Where's the Remote?
Price: $18.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Does its job - peace of mind, July 28, 2014
My wife and I bought this as a 'joke gift' for our brother-in-law after he misplaced the keys to his boat. Ever since, it's been on his key ring. Fortunately, he hasn't had to use it, but it definitely gives him some peace of mind and when he tested it initially, it worked well.

This seller is very concerned about customer satisfaction - she was very nice and even gave me her personal phone number to tell her about any problems, even a year after we bought it. You don't see that much these days. Thank you :)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 28, 2014 12:56 PM PDT

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 plus Bluetooth Adapter (7260HMWDTX1)
Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 plus Bluetooth Adapter (7260HMWDTX1)
Price: $46.99
33 used & new from $46.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good wireless, problematic Bluetooth, June 26, 2014
At first I thought Intel had fixed the problems with this card when I plugged in the Bluetooth internal USB cable and found that I didn't have to turn it backwards to get it to work. But two days later, I got the infamous "Code 43" problem. A quick search of Intel's forums will show that this problem is still very common, though more so in the laptop version made for Intel NUCs.

I did finally manage to get the bluetooth to work permanently by booting up with a USB bluetooth adapter plugged in at the same time. That added the Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator to the list of devices and this adapter has worked ever since, even after reboots without the USB adapter inserted.

Still, I can't give this top marks since it didn't work as intended right out of the box. The wireless is great, but I'm apprehensive that the bluetooth may stop working whenever it feels like it.

Genie G3T-R Intellicode2 3-Button Remote
Genie G3T-R Intellicode2 3-Button Remote
Price: $21.37
63 used & new from $12.50

5.0 out of 5 stars HomeLink sucks, get this instead, July 21, 2013
My fiancée has a 2011 Sonata with HomeLink, and you'd think a guy with three engineering degrees would be able to figure out how to program that to open our Genie garage door, right?

Nope. I literally spent hours trying to program it, following the instructions, online guides, and forums. Nothing worked. Eventually I said screw it and just bought another remote, the product in this page.

Setup with our SilentMax 1000 was so easy compared to that. I just followed the instructions for two minutes and it immediately synced up. Worth every penny!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6