Profile for Flint Weiss > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 69

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Flint Weiss RSS Feed (Seattle, WA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Come On-A My House (Album Version)
Come On-A My House (Album Version)
Offered by SONY Music Entertainment Downloads LLC.
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great song with a terrible Amazon Sample section, June 15, 2014
The Amazon sample for this song is pretty terrible in that it is mostly the instrumental break with only a couple of seconds of vocal at the end. You can find a video of this one on youtube that looks like a movie clip which is a far better sample.

The melody is catchy and lyrics are a little bit silly but Rosemary Clooney's upbeat yet sultry voice makes it very enjoyable.

Mambo Italiano
Mambo Italiano
Offered by SONY Music Entertainment Downloads LLC.
Price: $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent way to get introduced to Rosemary Clooney, June 15, 2014
This review is from: Mambo Italiano (MP3 Music)
The lyrics are a little silly but the tune is super catchy. Rosemary Clooney's vocals however are pretty sultry and maybe a little bit flirty in that brash big group party style.

Goddamned Freaky Monsters (The Tome of Bill Book 5)
Goddamned Freaky Monsters (The Tome of Bill Book 5)
Price: $4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Felt short with no real conclusion to this "chapter", June 15, 2014
Let me start by saying, I really like the Tome of Bill series and I was excited to see this new installment. This book is setting the stage for the remainder of the series. The world gets bleak and crazy with a lot of bad supernatural stuff happening. It's kind of like "The Empire Strikes Back" in that way where this isn't a happy ending.

I was disappointed however in the lack of a big ending of any kind. There's a showdown, of course, but it doesn't have a real conclusion. Overall it was a pretty soft ending which was disappointing and caused me to deduct a couple stars.

Overall this felt like a brief transitional title, wrapping up the end of the events in the last book and setting the stage for next few. If you've been reading the series you still -have- to buy this one (and it definitely is priced right) but you should lower your expectations on what to expect from this chapter of the story.

Star K 8mm Heart Shape Rainbow Mystic Topaz Pendant
Star K 8mm Heart Shape Rainbow Mystic Topaz Pendant

1.0 out of 5 stars Colors don't come out like the picture at all :(, December 21, 2013
I had never heard of Rainbow Mystic Topaz and I really liked the wide variety of colors in the stone. In real-life, however, it doesn't look anything like the picture. The stone is dark smokey topaz color and there's tiny hint of the rainbow colors.

I wouldn't be surprised that lit heavily from the back, the one I received would start to look like the one in the image. Of course, that is a totally unrealistic expectation since jewelry is almost never in such strong white backlight.

The other thing I'll mention is that 8mm is smaller than you expect. The measurements listed are accurate but it is hard to understand what this actually looks like. I was disappointed twice over. If the colors had shown up as pictured, I'd have been ok with the size.

Shift (ChronoShift Trilogy Book 1)
Shift (ChronoShift Trilogy Book 1)
Price: $3.99

1.0 out of 5 stars There's more plot in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, October 6, 2013
The hook that is listed the abstract, about a man who's lost everything and finds a time-travel device, that lasts about "10 minutes" and then the book totally devolves in a rollicking ramble.

The characters don't have much depth. The plot is an outline that hasn't really been thought out. There are no real interesting implications to weigh. The writing is so light that it reads like a true YA title.

The author makes some half-hearted attempts to engage the reader in thought but tires of that quickly after a few pages to get back to "the story" which is just a long chain of related events.

This is like watching a mediocre B-movie except that there isn't even an ending as the book is just lopped off to start the next book in the trilogy. The only saving grace is that it reads so fast, I only lost a few evenings of reading time to this drivel. I can't recommend that anyone spend any time with this title.

Rock, Pirate, Ninja (Rogue Ninja Book 2)
Rock, Pirate, Ninja (Rogue Ninja Book 2)
Price: $1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A good second entry in the series, July 3, 2013
This installment picks up a little while after "When Ninjas Brush Their Teeth" leaves off. The transition is smooth and it is easy to fall back into the swing of the story.

While the story was over too soon (I wish it was a little longer) with too much Deus Ex Machina, the writing has improved since the first one. I found myself emotionally attached to the characters, saddened by one of the twists, and happy to see that twist resolved.

I happily recommend this short story.

The Revive Project
The Revive Project

2.0 out of 5 stars Great sound but misclassifed, actually a religious album, December 11, 2011
This review is from: The Revive Project (MP3 Music)
I accidentally ran across Dan & Lauren Smith and I really like their sound.

What didn't speak to me was the strong religious theme that runs through every song for an album that is classified as Pop / Rock.

This is really a religious album and it's pretty good at that. While not my personal cup of tea, I have to give Dan & Lauren props for being great artists.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 1, 2012 9:40 AM PDT

Black as Snow
Black as Snow
Price: $3.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh. Too much agenda, too little story, September 22, 2011
This review is from: Black as Snow (Kindle Edition)
Nick Nolan's agenda here so strongly overshadows the story that it gets in the way of what could have been a decent thriller. Meh.

As you read the rest of the reviews here keep in mind that lots of the positive reviews don't seem to mention this overbearing agenda. I was pretty surprized myself.

Beauty And The Beat (30th Anniversary Edition) [+Digital Booklet]
Beauty And The Beat (30th Anniversary Edition) [+Digital Booklet]

2.0 out of 5 stars Youch! Those live clips are pretty raw, June 11, 2011
I love this album and was excited to see it with the extra live tracks until I listened to the clips. What I hear in those clips is a poorly recorded live performance and not so attractive. On track 12, you can hear the repeated and ongoing feedback in the house PA. It comes back a bit in the clip for track 14 too. I'm surprized that the Go-Go's wanted to release live clips with all that terrible feedback in them. Clips 13 and 15 sounds like any active band's live performance might, with out of breath vocals that are hot or not depending on what the musicians are doing on the stage.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 5, 2012 5:46 PM PDT

Lowepro Toploader Zoom 55 AW (Black)
Lowepro Toploader Zoom 55 AW (Black)
Offered by RitzCamera
Price: Click here to see our price
15 used & new from $54.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Lowepro Toploader Zoom 55 AW: Perfect for zoom lenses with hoods, December 18, 2010
The most important bit of product data missing for the Lowepro Toploader Zoom 55 AW is the interior dimensions. This case is 10.2 inches deep without the divider, 6.3 inches wide and 4.3 inches tall.

The depth was driving feature for me and 10" is more than plenty for my Canon 60D with the kit 18 - 135 lens with lenshood attached. Being able to leave the hood on was important to me as I didn't want to be bothered with taking it on and off all the time. Even with the lenshood, there are still a couple spare inches and this case will take a longer lense easily.

The case itself is well constructed. The divider attaches firmly to the case. The outer material feels sturdy (cordura?) and the zippers feel substantial. The rubberized tabs on the zippers provide an easy gripping surface and a positive action.

The strap is plenty long enough to let this case hang at your hip. It has a bit of non-slip stuff sewed to the back in the center to keep it from sliding around which is a really nice touch.

The inside top pocket is interesting in that it is a 3-in-1 pocket with a couple of memory card sleeves sewn into the front of the pocket leaving the whole remaining area to be used as desired. The outer front pocket is large and the zippers open up far enough to give easy access without zipping all the way down and dumping all of your stuff. The outer side of the pocket doesn't have much padding. While I would put a flash in there, I wouldn't keep any lenses in that pocket if I could avoid it.

The one thing that would make this case really awesome is if the velco strips for the divider ran most of the way up and down the sides to offer complete flexibility instead of the 1" wide strip provided.

I really like this case. It has the extra depth I was looking for without being too big (or too expensive). It carries well alone and will slip into my backback easily for travel.
Comment Comment | Permalink