Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale
Profile for W. A. N. Karunaratne > Reviews

Browse

W. A. N. Karunar...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

W. A. N. Karunaratne "Neranjana Karunaratne" RSS Feed (Thalawathugoda Sri Lanka)

Page: 1 | 2
Danelectro N10B Honey Tone Mini Amp in Burgundy
Danelectro N10B Honey Tone Mini Amp in Burgundy
Price: $22.34
77 used & new from $18.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, May 25, 2010
Got this through Amazon. It is quite loud. Can play the guitar to accompany 3-4 singers. I am not a professional musician so can't comment on the quality. But with my Yamaha F325 guitar and Duncan Performer Maverick Soundhole Pickup which I bought from Amazon, this amp provides quite a decent sound. Only thing is this does not seem to amplify the bass as much as the treble strings (don't know whether I am using the correct terminology here.) but what can you expect from a small speaker. Can clip on to my belt so can walk around while playing the guitar. 9v battery seems to last for quite some time. (Used it for about an hour and battery is still good.)

Excellent value for money.

Kalt PC to Hot Shoe Adapter with Connecting Cord.
Kalt PC to Hot Shoe Adapter with Connecting Cord.
Offered by Norman Camera & Video
Price: $16.95
5 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, December 2, 2009
It works well. No problems. I use it to get three point lighting with cheap slave flashes. I just connect a pc cable to my camera using this and a hot shoe to pc adapter and trigger the first flash. This triggers two more cheap slave flashes. So I have 3 point lighting with a minimum cost.

Adorama Hot Shoe to PC Adapter, Single Outlet without Connecting Cord. sell FAPC15
Offered by Mel Pierce Camera
Price: Click here to see our price
4 used & new from $5.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, December 2, 2009
It works well. No problems. I use it to get three point lighting with cheap slave flashes. I just connect a pc cable to my camera using this and a pc to hot shoe adapter and trigger the first flash. This triggers two more cheap slave flashes. So I have 3 point lighting with a minimum cost.

Dot Line DL-0432 Male PC to Female PC 15ft Straight Flash Cord
Dot Line DL-0432 Male PC to Female PC 15ft Straight Flash Cord
Offered by Midwest Photo Exchange- MPEX
Price: $1.77
4 used & new from $1.77

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work, November 5, 2009
I got this item and it didn't work. Used a multimeter to check the connectivity and found that the inner core had end to end connectivity but the outer did not. So had to cut both ends and check to find out that the male end had the problem. The connector was not connected to the wire. So had to wind a thin wire around the male connector and connect that to the wire. So managed to get it working but is ugly and unreliable.

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Photography Essentials
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Photography Essentials
by Mark Jenkinson
40 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, May 4, 2009
This is exactly the book I was looking for. Had all the information for a person who knows only the basics of using a point and shoot camera who wants to upgrade to a digital SLR.

Gary Fong Puffer Pop Up flash Diffuser for DSLR's CANON / NIKON / OLYMPUS / PENTAX (excluding Canon T4i)
8 used & new from $19.71

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor built quality, May 4, 2009
It was not possible for me to fix this thing on to the hot shoe without shaving off some plastic from this using a box cutter. Even now doesn't fit easily. Have to push hard. Doesn't feel like treating my camera like that. Also, this is very small so unless you stand quite near the object of your photo, the object casts a shadow. (That is basic photographic theory.) I can get the same effect with holding a normal white sheet of paper in front of the flasher.

Adorama Blower Brush - Small
Adorama Blower Brush - Small
Offered by BEST sales
Price: $1.40
3 used & new from $1.40

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless!, May 4, 2009
This is very small. When you squeeze it, air doesn't come through the brush. It looks like there aren't any one way valves in this. So you have to squeeze with one finger covering the hole in the middle of the blower to prevent air escaping through it rather than through the brush. (Maybe this is how it was intended to be used but the blower brushes I have used previously had one way valves.) Even when you get the air through the brush, it is a very small amount so quite useless as a blower.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 7, 2010 12:41 AM PST

Sakar 318AF Digital Slave Flash
Sakar 318AF Digital Slave Flash
Offered by Sonder Solutions
Price: $14.85
19 used & new from $2.51

1.0 out of 5 stars Slave flash doesn't work with Olympus E420, May 4, 2009
Got this to use with my Olympus E320 as a slave flash. But none of the slave flash modes work with my camera. The preflash triggers the slave flash before the actual photo is taken. Takes a long time to charge (more than 10 seconds)

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Works OK., May 4, 2009
I got these as replacement knobs for my 25 year old telescope Vixen Orion Mini S60. I don't know whether this Vixen and my Vixen are the same or not. I wanted to replace the broken knobs on my fine adjustment control unit. Fine adjustment control unit looks exactly like Vixen 3562 Fine Adjustment Slow Motion Control UnitBut these knobs are quite bigger than the original knobs. So I can't put the fine adjustment component in to the telescope box anymore. Fixing the knobs was also quite difficult. I had to yank the knobs with brute force. There wasn't any instructions on how to fix them. I don't think this is how precision instruments are supposed to be handled. But they work. So this is better than nothing.

Illustrated Directory of Fighting Aircraft of World War II
Illustrated Directory of Fighting Aircraft of World War II
by Mike Sharpe
28 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Good book, stupid layout, October 20, 2005
This book has a lot of good info and photos. But the layout is the stupidest thing I've seen in a book. Most of the photos are spread across two pages and since this book is quite thick, the centers of the pictures are curved and it ruins the photos. The info and the photos in the book should get 5 stars but the layout has ruined everything. They have also missed IL 2 which I believe is the most produced aircraft in history if not in the second world war. They have included aircraft models that are much insignificant but missed IL 2. Some would argue that IL 2 was a ground attack aircraft but not a fighter but almost half of this book is dedicated to bombers and other non fighting aircraft. I give 2 stars because it makes me mad to see all the good photographs in this book spread across two pages which looks like the author is mocking me.

Page: 1 | 2