Profile for a viewer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 141

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

a viewer RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
I Have a Dream
I Have a Dream
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Four minutes of smiles :), February 10, 2015
This review is from: I Have a Dream (MP3 Music)
This is one of those songs that get inside your head, in the best way, and make you smile. Amazing natural talent in such a young child! I discovered this song (and artist) in a YouTube video and it's a gem.

O Mio Babbino Caro (from 'Gianni Schicchi')
O Mio Babbino Caro (from 'Gianni Schicchi')
Offered by SONY Music Entertainment Downloads LLC.
Price: $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful voice and a beautiful song, February 10, 2015
Such natural talent and powerful voice for someone so young, and to be self-taught! I watched the YouTube video of her audition on Holland's Got Talent and was just as astounded as the judges on the show. This is a beautiful song.

New Testament : Psalms Proverbs (Multiple Colors , Leatherette Binding , Pocket Edition)
19 used & new from $1.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Gideon Bibles are NEVER to be sold! Great little Bibles but unethical to sell; Gideons provide for free., February 4, 2015
Gideon Bibles plainly state in the front that they are NEVER to be sold. The Gideons are a charitable organization that provides Bibles free of charge. It is unethical for anyone to sell them and make a profit off them. Don't buy this product; get them from the Gideons. Amazon should remove this product.

These are great little pocket Bibles, but they are NOT to be sold. They are a free product provided by the Gideons, who have already paid for them.

New Testament Psalms Proverbs (Pocket Size Bible)
New Testament Psalms Proverbs (Pocket Size Bible)
by THE GIDEONS INTERNATIONAL
20 used & new from $2.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Great pocket Bible, but they are NEVER to be sold. They are free from the Gideons., February 4, 2015
Don't misunderstand; the free pocket Bibles from the Gideons are great little Bibles and are well made and attractive. However, I'm rating this product one star because Gideon Bibles plainly state they are NEVER to be sold. So don't buy one; get them at no charge from the Gideons. Someone is making money off a free product here, which is unethical. :(

Maude
Maude
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational look at a fascinating life, January 21, 2015
This review is from: Maude (Kindle Edition)
Biography is one of my favorite genres, I like stories with strong female characters, and I find reading about how others deal with the difficulties life throws at them very inspiring. I couldn't put the book down and would give it 6 stars if I could. I found it much more inspirational than depressing. My own grandparents lived during the time period of Maude's life, and life was harder then even for those who didn't lose their parents at an early age. Maude was one of those salt-of-the-earth people with great strength of character. I found her life story fascinating and believable. (Well, I don't exactly understand the lack of maternal feelings for some of her children, but then I don't have five, and I know that does happen sometimes.) Even the great responsibilities given to her at a tender age are believable, as I know much more was expected of even young children back then, from stories I heard from my parents.

The Foreward of the book is a little ambiguous regarding the grandmothers, but perhaps intentionally so. The author does an excellent job of writing from her paternal grandmother's perspective in telling her life story. The photos are a bonus, as is the current 99 cents price. Hard to go wrong with this book if you like the genre!

ESV Study Bible
ESV Study Bible
Price: $16.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comprehensive study Bible in a good translation, January 6, 2015
This review is from: ESV Study Bible (Kindle Edition)
I own a leather bound printed copy of this large ESV study Bible and wanted the Kindle edition. This study Bible has a treasure of resources in the back in addition to the study notes on each page. While the NKJV is my favorite translation, the ESV is a good one. It is acknowledged to have good accuracy and readability. This is the most comprehensive study Bible I've seen and I recommend it. Of course, with any study Bible it is important to remember that the study notes and articles are just that, text added by scholars, and do not carry the authority of the Scriptures themselves.

Midwest Quiet Time Pet Bed, Fleece, 22" x 13"
Midwest Quiet Time Pet Bed, Fleece, 22" x 13"
Price: $13.15
22 used & new from $8.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price for a nice pet pad, January 6, 2015
I ordered two of the XS 22"x13" fleece pads for use in my small dog's crate, which he likes to use for naps and which he rides in in the car. They seem to be high quality and met my expectations in every way. The center of the bed is nice and cushy and is stitched in a rectangular pattern. These pads are comparable or better than the ones sold by a major pet store chain, at about a third of the price. I haven't laundered them yet, but they appear to be made of the usual material like the pads I already have, which launders well. I recommend these without reservation.

Scout's Dutch Oven Cookbook
Scout's Dutch Oven Cookbook
by Tim Conners
Price: $13.84
47 used & new from $9.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for use with a cast iron Dutch oven, December 22, 2014
This was purchased with a cast iron camp Dutch oven for a gift, and the recipient was pleased with both. It has many recipes and tips for using the camp oven.

The Legend of the Poinsettia
The Legend of the Poinsettia
by Tomie dePaola
Price: $6.99
97 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent children's literature by an accomplished author, December 22, 2014
I am a retired public school early grades teacher, having taught for 25 years, and this is one of my all-time favorite children's books. The author has received many awards, and this book is a great example of his work. I planned a lesson utilizing this book in my classroom before Christmas every year, and the children loved the book. Whether you are a public school teacher planning a lesson on multi-cultural holiday customs, a home-school teacher, a counselor planning a lesson on coping with mistakes, a Christian Sunday school teacher, or just someone who desires to give a child a beautifully illustrated book that is quality literature, this book is a winner. Its lessons are applicable to everyone, and children can easily identify with the main character's dilemma. Highly recommended! I'm ordering two more copies to give as gifts.

The Cider House Rules
The Cider House Rules
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $1.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Starts out well, but becomes a looong soapbox, November 14, 2014
This book starts out very well, and for the first five or so chapters I almost couldn't put it down, hence the 2 stars. However, it begins to drag after that and becomes meanderingly repetitious in its preachy-ness for the author's political views. (We get it, already.) The characters' actions aren't always realistic or believable, yet the reader can anticipate some of the twists. Everything is mercifully, finally wrapped up a little too neatly and happily and tied with a (skeptical) bow. More specific criticisms would require spoilers.

I plodded through to the end, but the longer I read, the less the book held my interest.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15