ACDelco Radiators & Heating Components 100 Sci-Fi & Fantasy Shop Men's Watches Cloud Drive Photos nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums belkin All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Beauty Videos Introducing Handmade Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer wdftv wdftv wdftv  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Now STEM Toys & Games
Profile for Froggy > Reviews

Froggy's Profile

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Froggy RSS Feed (California)

No Easy Day: The Autobiography of a Navy Seal: The Firsthand Account of the Mission That Killed Osama Bin Laden
by Kevin Maurer
Price: $19.12
922 used & new from $0.01

565 of 1,039 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars Blue Falcon Alert, September 4, 2012
This book represents a complete failure and abdication of well known and established code of ethics to which every Navy SEAL pledges. To wit:

My Trident is a symbol of honor and heritage. Bestowed upon me by the heroes who have gone before...By wearing the Trident, I accept the responsibility of my chosen profession and way of life. It is a privilege that I must earn every day...I humbly serve as a guardian to my fellow Americans...I do not advertise the nature of my work, nor seek recognition for my actions...Brave men have fought and died building the proud tradition and feared reputation that I am bound to uphold. In the worst of conditions, the legacy of my teammates steadies my resolve and silently guides my every deed.

The Trident is the insignia that designates a SEAL. In every possible way this person has prostituted this Ethos and has brought shame and mockery upon our entire community. He is receiving a very large advance for this book and although he claims that he is donating sale proceeds to the Navy SEAL Foundation, it is my understanding that they are refusing to accept this money as it is tainted by the gross violations of ethics that it represents.

UPDATE: I have spoken with representatives of the Navy SEAL Foundation and they have CONFIRMED that they are refusing to accept any donations resulting from the sale of this book. I have encouraged them to make a press release to ensure that the public is aware of this and they have placed that on the agenda of their executive committee.

Nobody in the Teams likes Obama and we all want him to lose the election, but not this way. This book is not going to be the difference in the election in any case and those of you using that excuse for purchasing and reading this book are fully aware of that.

If you want to know what happens during classified SEAL operations, then nut up and join the fight yourself. You should be satisfied that you are being protected and served by exceptional men who are entitled to your respect if not your gratitude. You are not owed the inside scoop on how we do our business. Rest assured our activities receive oversight from your elected representatives, our chain of command, and most importantly the integrity of the vast majority of the operators. We are not gladiators in the arena to entertain you, and by supporting works like this you are helping to validate a very ugly aberration of our most closely held beliefs.

As we like to say in the Teams, "Let your conscience be your guide." Just understand that by purchasing this book you are rewarding a man who has sold out his brotherhood for money. Your money.
Comment Comments (280) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 2, 2015 10:47 AM PDT

The Rent Is Too Damn High: What To Do About It, And Why It Matters More Than You Think
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $3.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Infantile utopianism, March 6, 2012
As someone who has never actually done anything in the real world aside from writing various political screeds, the author could be excused for not understanding how the world works. People build things in order to make money. If you are likely to have your income stream hijacked by big government thugs, you, your investors, and your lender are not going to build. It's just that simple. If a lot of people want to live in Santa Monica, San Francisco, and New York, then those people are going to have to compete economically with each other for finite living space. That is not wrong or evil, that is life sweetheart.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 7, 2012 8:17 AM PST

Tom Clancy Presents: Act of Valor
Tom Clancy Presents: Act of Valor
by Dick Couch
Price: $9.74
230 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Profiting off the glory of other men, February 23, 2012
Dick Couch has made a career and a hell of a lot of money by being well connected to the senior leadership of Naval Special Warfare (NSW) which is in charge of the SEAL Teams. He is allowed access to training and combat outposts that no other author or journalist (or other former SEAL for that matter) has. He is allowed to interview SEALs whether they want to cooperate with him or not, in order that Dick can get his books written and cash his checks. I'm not sure how this all started, but it should have ended a long time ago.

The active duty SEALs in the AOV movie are not going to see a red dime from this project. Every one of those guys have given up future employment opportunities that require clandestine identity, including assignment to certain NSW commands which places limitations on their careers. These guys have been treated by NSW like a bunch of thieves being constantly "briefed" on "ethics" as it regards to this film and not accepting any kind of favor or benefit or gift of any kind.

Meanwhile, Dick Couch gets to swoop in and take an already completed story and transcribe it into a book form, slap Tom Clancy's imprimatur on it, and cash a check. Dick Couch is a war profiteer and a sleazeball and should donate every penny he gets from the sale of this "work" to the Navy SEAL Foundation.
Comment Comments (14) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 23, 2012 8:34 PM PDT

Pulsar Men's PF3663 Tech Gear Alarm Chronograph Black Ion Watch
Pulsar Men's PF3663 Tech Gear Alarm Chronograph Black Ion Watch
Offered by Altivo Timepieces
Price: $125.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Deal all things considered, September 25, 2010
I love the watch and the price is right.

My only beef is that the date setting is impossible to keep accurate. I have changed the date at midnight and found that in the afternoon later in the day, the date has already advanced one day. No matter when I change it, the date will change early. Other than that, I like everything about it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 5, 2012 9:45 AM PDT