Profile for James in Springfield, OR > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

James in Springfield, OR RSS Feed

Price: $139.00
2 used & new from $139.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, May 23, 2014
I gave this 4 stars because the Kindle Paperwhite is awesome! I bought Walking Dead comic book on it and finished reading it and had no problems at all. Really enjoyable to read on...this is my first kindle. I was a bit worried I would have trouble trying to read and get into a book on an electronic device, but I really got into what I was reading and totally wasn't thinking that I was holding a device at all. Only probelem is now I need to put more books on it because I want to read more Walking Dead, and some more novels too! I live in my car so I was originally trying to find a way so I don't have to take books everywhere with me, and this solved my problem, plus you get free wifi to buy more books at Starbucks and McDonalds...also Safeway :) Buy the Kindle.

Downton Abbey Seasons 1 & 2 Limited Edition Set - Original UK Version
Downton Abbey Seasons 1 & 2 Limited Edition Set - Original UK Version
DVD ~ Maggie Smith
Offered by Expedited Warehouse
Price: $39.99
16 used & new from $26.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Limited Edition DVD Set, October 10, 2012
If you like Downton Abbey, and you don't already have the first release seasons 1 & 2 DVD sets of the series, then you should have this. I waited for this set instead of getting the first releases, but really it's more of a repackaging of the original release with the Christmas episode here as well. So buy this if you love Downton and don't already own it...and hurry because the 3rd season comes out in January!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 24, 2013 1:23 PM PDT

The New Revised Standard Version Bible with Apocrypha: Pocket Edition
The New Revised Standard Version Bible with Apocrypha: Pocket Edition
by NRSV Bible Translation Committee
Edition: Imitation Leather
Price: $30.23
14 used & new from $25.02

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly What I Needed !!!, January 20, 2011
Okay, so I just got this Bible in the mail and I have one complaint. The "Item Picture" on Amazon.com's product page does not give you a clear visual of what you are going to be getting in the mail. Instead of a classic style Bible, it has a zipper closure. It also does not include a ribbon marker as indicated on the box itself. Aside from those two things, the zipper is awesome and I actually like it! It still has the classic leather bound appearance (though it does not indicate leather bound anywhere on the Bible or on the packaging), and it has golden gilded pages. The zipper closure just adds to the portability of this cute little Bible. I don't feel like it makes it any harder to open and read at all, it pretty much still opens flat. I was in desperate need of a new Bible that was of my own choosing (after reading up on the accuracy on all versions of the Bible). All I had was a Childrens Bible NIV of the New Testament, and an Extreme Teen Bible NKJ which I have long outgrown at 24 years old. I really wanted something that would last me many years and lead me out of my youth. Something without all of the unnecessary and unwanted commentary inside, as I do not want other people telling me how I should interpret something while I'm trying to read it, after all, it's about our own personal relationship with Jesus, not someone elses. Which is also why I would encourage each person to look into a Bible that is suitable to their own reading level, I mean c'mon, this is the most important book you could purchase, you want to at least be able to read it on your own and have it speak to you on a personal level. This is really great overall and if not for the fact that I didn't know exactly what this Bible would look like, I would have given it 5 stars!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 28, 2013 9:32 AM PDT