Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Ryan Young > Reviews

Browse

Ryan Young's Profile

Customer Reviews: 36

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ryan Young RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Bonavita BV1900TS 8-Cup Carafe Coffee Brewer, Stainless Steel
Bonavita BV1900TS 8-Cup Carafe Coffee Brewer, Stainless Steel
Price: $134.75
76 used & new from $93.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Pro tip: for "single serve" coffee, swap the carafe for this tumbler, May 30, 2016
The only thing I don't like about this coffee maker is the carafe. And because I usually only make a half batch (4 "cups" or 20 oz) for myself, I found an insulated stainless steel tumbler that you can actually use in place of the carafe for brewing. The brew basket fits perfectly inside the mouth of the AVEX, Brew Pint Glass, 20oz, Slate and the height matches perfectly too. Just fill the water reservoir to 4 cups. It even leaves a little room for cream.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Eurotech Apollo Mesh Back Drafting Stool - 26-1/2 -36-1/2" Seat Height - Black
Eurotech Apollo Mesh Back Drafting Stool - 26-1/2 -36-1/2" Seat Height - Black
Offered by Wrigley's Business Products and Services
Price: $235.50
14 used & new from $235.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Lack of adjustability is a big problem for tall people, January 27, 2016
Like others, I got this as a seating option for my standing desk. The other reviews are pretty accurate, with the biggest drawback being a stiff fixed backrest (no recline at all). It seems like it would be a great chair for people of average height. I'm 6'3 and I would warn others who are tall and have a correspondingly tall desk to look at other chairs.

The reason is that I have to raise this to its maximum height to have a comfortable position at my standing desk. At its max height, the foot support ring can't be raised high enough to provide comfortable support. As a result (or perhaps it's just a quirk of the chair), I feel like I'm pitched forward in the chair at all times. I have to actively support myself with my feet at all times.

This wouldn't be a problem if the seat angle were adjustable or the back allowed some give.

FYI the top of my desk is about 47" from the floor.

It's a solid, well built chair but I would advise tall people who want this as a supplement to a standing desk to look elsewhere.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 14, 2016 9:24 AM PST

Jennings CJ4000 4000g x 0.5g Digital Scale
Jennings CJ4000 4000g x 0.5g Digital Scale
Offered by Lacer Performance
Price: $28.36
17 used & new from $22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Vastly better than basic scales like the Ozeri, November 10, 2015
We use our scale multiple times every day. We used the basic Ozeri scale for years and both broke after a couple of years. We have been using this Jennings scale for a few weeks and it is vastly better than the Ozeri. You don't realize that there can be such a difference in quality, stability, and precision between scales until you use something like this.

Dell Ultra HD 4k Monitor P2715Q 27-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor
Dell Ultra HD 4k Monitor P2715Q 27-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor
Offered by Better Choice Online
Price: $499.99
80 used & new from $410.00

2.0 out of 5 stars The 27-inch doesn't add any screen real estate compared to the 24-inch, November 10, 2015
It's easy to think, as I did, that you will get more screen real estate with this, compared to the 24-inch version. Not true. Be aware that this has the exact same max resolution as the 24-inch 4k monitor so you see the same thing but magnified and not as sharp, which was unhelpful to me.

I ordered the 24" version and was unhappy with how many windows I could fit side by side on it. So I ordered the 27" and planned on returning the 24". I'm happy I held on to the smaller version because I was surprised and disappointed when the larger monitor didn't provide any additional space for placing windows side by side. Now I'm returning the 27" and I'll settle for the 24" version.

In addition to not adding any extra screen real estate, the 27" uncomfortably enlarges things. It felt like I was sitting too close to a big screen television.

I don't understand why they wouldn't increase the max resolution as the screen size increases. I would love to see that or someone make a high quality 19-21" 4k monitor so I can use two together as a dual monitor setup. Dual 24" monitors is just overkill for me.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 15, 2015 7:31 AM PST

Armor1 Ankle Roll Guard (Right Foot) the Alternative to Ankle Braces
Armor1 Ankle Roll Guard (Right Foot) the Alternative to Ankle Braces
Offered by Ankle Roll Guard
Price: $37.50
2 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great invention for ankle protection, April 14, 2015
This really works. I rolled my ankle so many times playing volleyball that it is severely weakened and at greater risk of re-injury. I began using this a few years ago, beginning with an earlier version, and haven't rolled my ankle since. I'm now using this version and it's great. It looks like it would get in the way or be annoying but I really don't notice it.

Armor1 Ankle Roll Guard (Left Foot) the Alternative to Ankle Braces

Offered by etopso
Price: $6.12
16 used & new from $6.12

2.0 out of 5 stars Not intended for large hands, March 11, 2015
Be aware that your finger and thumb will not fit into these if you have a larger than average hand.

SimplyBeautiful Basic 100% Pure Badger Shaving Brush
SimplyBeautiful Basic 100% Pure Badger Shaving Brush
Offered by SimplyBeautiful
Price: $9.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly made brush, September 3, 2014
The brush detached from the handle during my first use. The glue is apparently weak or not used properly.

The brush itself is also smaller or less full than the Tweezerman brush I have used for a couple of years.

Update: I originally ordered two of these. The first broke on first use so I wrote the review above. Now, 5 months later, the glue on the second brush has come loose. This is a major manufacturer defect.

Calvin Klein Men's Body 2-Pack Trunk
Calvin Klein Men's Body 2-Pack Trunk
Price: $19.89 - $34.50

2.0 out of 5 stars Shrink more with every wash. Love the initial fit but not worth the risk., September 3, 2014
I wanted to like these because they fit great when I ordered my first pair, size Medium for my 31" waist. I liked them so much that I spent a large chunk of money so I could wear one every day. After a couple of weeks and washes I noticed that they were uncomfortably snug throughout and were squeezing my junk. So I ordered a size Large to compare. It fit a little loose but I wanted to see if the fit would be right after washing.

Long story short, I now own 6 pair of Mediums, 6 pair of Larges, and 2 pair of XLs ... and my waist is 31"! I thought cotton apparel did all the shrinking it would do in the first wash but these shrunk more in each of the first several washes. I'm finally giving up. I have washed the XLs several times and they shrunk considerably but are still a little loose around the waist. But the Large trunks are all too tight now. These shrink so unpredictably that I can't recommend them.

Melitta Cone Coffee Filters Natural Brown #4 100 count
Melitta Cone Coffee Filters Natural Brown #4 100 count
Offered by AB Savings
Price: $5.72
39 used & new from $5.10

4.0 out of 5 stars Comparing Melitta to Rockline coffee filters for use with the Clever Coffee Dripper, May 7, 2014
I used the Rockline #4 filters with my large Clever Coffee Dripper for over a year and just began using these Melitta filters instead.

The biggest difference is that these filters extend to the very top of the Clever Coffee Dripper. The Rockline filters always left a 1/4-1/8" gap no matter what I tried, which would allow grounds to get past the filter if I wasn't careful. This will not matter to those of you who don't fill the Clever Coffee Dripper to capacity.

These Melitta filters seem more substantial than the Rockline filters and less susceptible to tears/leaks.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4