Profile for Kim > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kim "kim15080" RSS Feed (Newark, CA United States)

Koolatron KWC-4 Coca-Cola Personal 6-Can Mini Fridge
Koolatron KWC-4 Coca-Cola Personal 6-Can Mini Fridge
Price: $49.14
19 used & new from $34.95

1.0 out of 5 stars One six pack will cost you a lot, October 17, 2013
I've seen people commenting about how convenient it is to have this micro-fridge in another room and that they don't have to get up to go to the kitchen. However, what most don't realize is that this little fridge consumes as much power as a normal full-size refrigerator. In fact, it is taking 1/2 the power of my _old full size freezer_ to cool down the equivalent of one six pack.

It's not like it gets to a specific temperature and stops. When you turn it on, it stays on and the motor/compressor is running constantly. Not only is this expensive for a micro-fridge, but it will cost you $$$ just to run.

Get a real mini-fridge. You'll have more room and it will cost a lot less to run.

Syndicate
Syndicate
Offered by Outlet Promotions
Price: $7.74
67 used & new from $1.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Why even have a single player?, March 6, 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Syndicate (DVD-ROM)
One of the worst games I've ever played - especially the PC version.

Graphics: Many have already commented on the bloom issue already. It is pretty bad I admit (a lot like wearing glasses that need to be cleaned on a bright day). There seems to be no way to turn it off. I also want to point out that I have a modern graphics card on a PC and the graphics quality is equivalent to XBOX with everything turned up to the highest setting. Many objects in the world have no detail.

Design: The world seems so artificial. Objects are blocky and parallel or perpendicular to each other. Like someone went into a room and lined everything up in perfect angles. It also feels that the whole world was colored with one big can of paint. The game feels like it was designed about 8 years ago.

Physics: No world physics. Everything is nailed to the ground. A grenade will go off and the tables, chairs, and books will stay right where they were.

People: The civilians act like robots in a tight 5 second repeat loop. Hands down, hands up, shake head, repeat. This effect is enhanced with the rigid movements and the glove like hands. Now I see why all the enemies have helmets on - because the game can't make realistic faces.

Gameplay: Random shooting followed by powered up mini-bosses that take 2000 bullets to kill and take 1 hour to complete because you keep getting killed about 20 times. I can't see why my syndicate survives if the agents from the other side are 20x stronger.

Story: You see television programs or pick up files to provide back-story. I'd love to get into it, but they talk about 15 different companies and 20 different people. It's really difficult to connect the dots to anything that makes sense. It feels like you're picking up partial chapters from 5 random books that you need to put together. After a while of this, you just stop picking the stuff up.

Installation: Yes, that's what I wanted, yet another game download service (Origin) like Steam. Whatever happened to the "just download the game I bought" and not another service that wants to start-up every time I start my computer?

What did I like? Michael Wincott's voice for the mentor agent. The heads-up display has a cool effect. Decent number of weapons.

Frustration: I've stopped playing this game a few times wondering whether I should waste any more time with it. I rarely ever do that with a game. I normally find _something_ interesting.

If I knew about these issues ahead of time, I would have waited for the game to be $5 and then I still might not have bought it. This game is so bad that I'm surprised they released it. If this is the quality they're going for, I'll think twice about my next Electronic Arts game.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 7, 2013 7:12 AM PST

APC RBC32 Replacement Battery Cartridge No 32
APC RBC32 Replacement Battery Cartridge No 32
Price: $68.99
123 used & new from $30.00

3.0 out of 5 stars No return envelope, July 6, 2010
Seems like it's working. Just wanted to post that some of the information in the other reviews is incorrect. This does not come with a return envelope. Instead, it includes a web site that points you to appropriate "disposal facility locations" in your area.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 3, 2012 11:09 AM PDT

1-2-3 Magic: Effective Discipline for Children 2-12
1-2-3 Magic: Effective Discipline for Children 2-12
by Thomas W. Phelan
423 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars This worked for us, February 9, 2004
I liked this book very much. It teaches parents how to discipline kids without being threatening or physical. It puts you back in control at a stage when children are trying to assert themselves and test those very boundaries (as is natural). Most kids understand the "time-out" method and this book teaches its proper usage. After a short while of saying 1-2-3-timeout for the appropriate situations, I rarely have to go beyond the number 1 these days.