Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Disney Infinity 3.0 Gear Up for Football Deal of the Day
Profile for Phillip Dreis > Reviews

Browse

Phillip Dreis' Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Phillip Dreis RSS Feed (Gaithersburg, MD, USA)

Different Kind of Pain
Different Kind of Pain
Offered by mirmedia_movies_and_music
Price: $7.56
52 used & new from $0.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprised and impressed, October 12, 2005
This review is from: Different Kind of Pain (Audio CD)
Let me start off by saying that I was not that big of a Cold fan before I heard this cd. The only song that I had heard was "Stupid Girl," which I liked. But a friend of mine told me that this new cd was really good so I decided to get it. From what I'd read from the reviews on here about "A Different Kind of Pain," I wasn't expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised. What most people's criticism is that this cd is not as good as the last ones, and that Cold hasn't moved forward as a band. Since I haven't heard any of the last cds, I can't say for sure, but if they're right, those cds must be awesome, because ever since I got this cd, I can't take it out of my cd player. I would even go as to say this one of my favorite cds of 2005.

Favorite Songs- Back Home, Feel it in your heart, Anatomy of a Tidalwave, A Different Kind of Pain, Another Pill, Happens all the time

Chapter V
Chapter V
Price: $6.84
140 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Staind cd, September 9, 2005
This review is from: Chapter V (Audio CD)
It's been awhile since Staind released a cd, but their back in a big way releasing what I strongly feel to be their best overall cd. Chapter V contains 2 songs which in my opinion are 2 of their best songs, "Please," and "Everything Changes." To me, Aaron Lewis is right up there with some of the best singers right now. The thing that he does that separates him from most other singers is the way he expresses his emotion through the song. Whether it be a positive or depressing song, Aaron always sings with full emotion and it draws you into the song.

1. Run Away 7/10
- Decent song. Good guitars! Not one I listen to that often, but good.

2. Right Here 9/10
- This is a really good song, but I feel it will get overlooked on the album because of all the other better songs on the cd. Not surprised like some people that this was the first single on the cd. To me it feels like a Staind single. Good song, though!

3. Paper Jesus 6/10
- This is the only song I really didn't like on the cd, but then again I have a friend who thinks this is one of the best ones.

4. Schizophrenic Conversations 8/10
- It takes awhile to get to the chorus, but I like this song! One of the ones I listen to most often! Great guitars!

5. Falling 9/10
- Good overall song! Great drums, great lyrics, great guitars!

6. Cross to Bear 9/10
- This is a really good song! I love the guitars on this song! It's actually got a guitar solo.

7. Devil 7/10
- This is a song that I thought was alright when I first heard it, but after hearing it a few times, it kinda grew on me.

8. Please 10/10
- This was the second song I heard from the album, and it caught me from day one. It doesn't get old, and it won't have that overplayed feeling of "Outside" and "It's Been Awhile," when you listen to it over and over again, because you will.

9. Everything Changes 10/10
- This is probably my overall favorite song on the cd. It's a great ballad that exentuates Aaron's vocals. His emotion on this song is amazing. You can hear it in his voice. Some might say, it's mainstream. If they mean mainstream by its not a hard song like the old Staind back in the "Tormented" where Staind was just trying to find themselves, then they're right. Not every song is going to be the same. That's a good thing! It's fine to have harder songs, but it's also nice to have ballads like this. As I recall, "Epiphany" or "Zoe Jane" weren't hard songs either.

10. Take this 7/10
-I didn't really like the beginning of the song or the chorus that much, but towards the end, it picks up and makes up for the first half.

11. King of all Excuses 8/10
- This is a weird song! It's probably one of my favorites, but it seems that I rarely listen to it, but when I do, I realize what I'm missing!

12. Reply 10/10
- Aside from "Please and Everything Changes," this is my favorite. This song seems to be one for the fans, and Aaron's gratitude for them. He says in the song, "My life will never, ever be the same without you here!" Good song!

Its amazing to see how far Fred Durst has fallen as a musician, but think of the two bands he discovered, Taproot and Staind.

One Day Remains
One Day Remains
Offered by Big_Box_Bargains
Price: $16.13
94 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Scott Who??, July 3, 2005
This review is from: One Day Remains (Audio CD)
Don't get me wrong. I was a Creed fan, but its amazing to think what they could have done with a better, more talented vocalist. Myles Kennedy brings that to Alter Bridge. The intense passion in his voice is unbelievable, and thats something Scott never could give the band. I just can't believe that Myles Kennedy wasn't already big time before this. Scott Stapp wrote awesome lyrics that would just keep playing over and over in your head. The main difference besides the vocals on this cd is Mark Tremonti. He took his guitar playing to another level on this cd. Some of his guitar solos on the cd leave you in awe. My personal favorite one is the rip on "Open your Eyes."

Best songs- Open Your Eyes, Broken Wings, In Loving Memory, Down to My Last, Shed My Skin

This is probably my favorite cd that I own, and whats great about the cd is that even if you listen to it over and over, which i do, the songs don't get old. They are always fresh every time you listen to them.