Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Disturbed Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services gotS5 gotS5 gotS5  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Learn more
Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Browse

Amazon Customer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 38

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer "Hammer" RSS Feed (Dayton, OH)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
How to Make Money in Stocks:  A Winning System in Good Times and Bad, Fourth Edition
How to Make Money in Stocks: A Winning System in Good Times and Bad, Fourth Edition
by William J. O'Neil
Price: $12.00
229 used & new from $4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Buy for All Investors!, November 16, 2013
This book gave me the clear idea of how to screen stocks and when to buy and sell. I read lots of books about investing both fundamental and technical analysis as well as options. This is probably the best book to read whether you like to trade stocks or options (I mainly sell options, but I found this book to be very helpful!).

Mr. O'Neil used chapter 1 to show a number of charts to get familiar with buy and selling points on charts.
Then, he introduces the concept, CAN SLIM and explained them in detail.

C = Current Big or Accelerating Quarterly Earnings and Sales per Share
A = Annual Earnings Increases: Look for Big Growth
N = Newer Companies, New Products, New Management, New Highs Off Properly Formed Chart Bases
S = Supply and Demand: Big Volume Demand at Key Points
L = Leader or Laggard
I = Institutional Sponsorship
M = Market Direction

Then in part 2, he talks about when to sell to cut losses and when to sell to take profits.

I think this is a must-buy for all investors!

A Hunger for God: Desiring God through Fasting and Prayer
A Hunger for God: Desiring God through Fasting and Prayer
by John Piper
89 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars John Piper does it again!, November 16, 2013
The book is probably one of the best books on fasting and prayer (as a spiritual discipline). As with any John Piper's books, it is definitely great!

Your Best Triathlon
Your Best Triathlon
by Friel Joe
Price: $16.96
76 used & new from $3.65

5.0 out of 5 stars The best triathlon training book, September 9, 2013
This review is from: Your Best Triathlon (Paperback)
I bought many books last year (2012) since my wife told me that she wanted to do a full triathlon race this year (2013). Before 2013, her races are limited to few marathons, 50Ks, and 1 double marathon. She has never done any real triathlon race - meaning no swim and bike background. Her marathon PR was 3:24 - so now you know her athletic ability to judge how the training turned out to be.

Here are the books I bought:
The Triathlete's Training Bible
Be Iron Fit by Don Fink
Ironman Start to Finish, 24 Weeks to an Endurance Triathlon
Iron Planner
Training Plans for Multisport Athletes
Complete Triathlon Book by Matt Fitzgerald
Essential Week-by-Week Training Guide by Matt Fitzgerald

In addition, I bought some biking related books and other swimming related books.

If you are going to buy just one book, I recommend "Your Best Triathlon" above anything else - that is if you are going to use the heart zone, pace zone, and power zone related training. If you aren't interested in using any of those, you can just use Matth Fitzgerald's Essential Week-by-Week, but I found it not very much helping if you are serious about the training. My wife told me that she wanted to finish her first full triathlon race within 12 hours.

I believe that "Your Best Triathlon" is a much better book than the classic, "the Triathlete's Training Bible" by the same author. It pretty much explains everything you need to know along with a sample workout plan that you can use... providing you know your zone, etc. I used the book as the foundation for the training plan, then changed a bit here and there as needed.

Here are the results:
Olympic Triathlon in May (her first open water): 2:59:39 - a bad race... it was a cold day and she wasn't ready for a cold water swim, a cold bike ride, and a cold run....
Sprint Triathlon in June: 1:46:48
1/3 distance Triathlon: 3:17:29 - she took 2nd place overall female.
Ironman Half in July: 5:17:19 - she took 7 in her age group, 60 in female, and 310 in overall.
Full Rev3 in September: 11:15:56 - She took 1st in her age group - (there were 2 female in her age group faster than she was, but they took 2nd and 3rd overall female), 5th in female overall.

Here is the stat on her full-tri:
Swim: 1:13:59
Bike: 6:07:44
Run: 3:42:24

I am going to use this book again next year to improve her time. My recommendation for biking book is Training and Racing with a Power Meter by Hunter Allen.

TYC 5700332 Nissan Altima Driver Side Power Non-Heated Replacement Mirror
TYC 5700332 Nissan Altima Driver Side Power Non-Heated Replacement Mirror
Price: $31.31
19 used & new from $28.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for 2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 SE, March 25, 2011
I had to replace the driver side power non-heated mirror. This was a perfect fit to my 2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 SE. I put my old cover instead of the white cover came with it, though.

JJ Cole Collections All-Purpose Blanket, Gray/Green
JJ Cole Collections All-Purpose Blanket, Gray/Green
Price: $26.96
20 used & new from $18.54

5.0 out of 5 stars a nice picnic blanket, March 24, 2011
I can use the blanket anywhere, everywhere! It's very soft and nice to use. It folds very nicely and can be very compact. It's a waterproof, so even if the ground is wet, you won't be wet at all. The blanket is also very durable and can take some heavy beating. I love this blanket!

Jawbone ICON-Series Thinker Bluetooth Headset (Black)
Jawbone ICON-Series Thinker Bluetooth Headset (Black)
Offered by ShopTronics
Price: $49.99
18 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome bluetooth, March 24, 2011
I used to use plantronics products. But after using Jawbone ICON-series, I am converted!

The fit can be interesting at times, but most of the time it fits pretty well.

I didn't get any complains about quality of the voice. I think it does the job a lot better than plantronics voyage.

It connects to my iPhone 4 immediately. Much faster than plantronics products.

Using the voice calling, this was a lot better than my experience with plantronics.

I can also update the software, if needed at all - I updated the voice portion, so now i have a sexy female voice on my bluetooth.

This is a product I definitely recommend!

Logitech C260 Webcam
Logitech C260 Webcam
8 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Webcam, March 24, 2011
This is one of the clearest webcams I have ever used. I definitely recommend this product if you want to have a good value webcam. You will see a person from the other side clearly. It also has a software to follow your face when you move - a nice feature.

The software it comes with, however, takes up lots of processing power. I do not recommend using it - just use skype.

Picnic Time Malibu Insulated Cooler Picnic Tote, Service for 2, Navy Blue
Picnic Time Malibu Insulated Cooler Picnic Tote, Service for 2, Navy Blue
Price: Click here to see our price
15 used & new from $64.27

5.0 out of 5 stars a nice picnic bag, March 24, 2011
I used it to take a picnic with friends. It has everything you need... from utensils to napkins. It also has enough space for sandwiches and bottles of wine. :-)

Luster 1 Hour White Light Tooth Whitening System
Luster 1 Hour White Light Tooth Whitening System
Offered by Toyhousedeals
Price: $25.93
8 used & new from $23.89

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay, March 24, 2011
I used this product, and it seems to work ok. Nothing really spectacular. Maybe I wasn't using it correctly, but it takes lots of time. It took me more than just one hour. Maybe I am slow, too. :-(

Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 1 TB USB 2.0 Portable External Hard Drive STAA1000100 (Black)
Offered by Sab Computer
Price: $169.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and ultra Portable!, March 24, 2011
This is definitely fast and ultra portable. I am glad that I bought this when I was afghanistan. I used it to put lots of pictures, etc. This is definitely easy to carry, etc. Definitely recommend for those who want to have a portable external hard drive.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4