Profile for Donald M. Kowalewski > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Donald M. Kowalewski "-Don" RSS Feed (Bloomfield Hills, MI United States)

God Cries and An Angel Loses its Wings
God Cries and An Angel Loses its Wings
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick, simple, and spot on!, March 25, 2014
You don't need a book the size of War and Peace. This book is brief and to the point - a single, vital, and important point. The lessons apply not only to a synagogue, but easily transfer to my Catholic Parish and all parishes, and seamlessly to the business world. It’s enlightened me to something very simple …while I’ve enjoyed success and do SOME of the right things SOME of the times, I need to learn to make them habit and do them ALL the time.

Power Principles for Success
Power Principles for Success
by Nick Nanton
Price: $17.90
50 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars This book has something for everyone!, July 29, 2010
If you think "7 habits" is good or knowing a single "secret" works, well how about 30+ habits and secrets and bits of wisdom. This book is fast paced, diverse, and keeps you on your toes. If you are bogged down or in a rut, give this book a read. Some advice is straight forward, while other contributors are a bit more philosophical. For me, the best chapter was about goal-setting and it was the most intense, in-depth How-To guide for making a list of goals and To-Do's that I've ever seen. Let me just say, I dog-eared, highlighted, and took notes on many many pages and I'll be going back to this book again.

Bushworld
Bushworld
by Maureen Dowd
29 used & new from $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A book worth picking up, June 18, 2008
This review is from: Bushworld (Paperback)
I read a very favorable review of this book at a site called [...] and it compelled me to go right out at lunch and pick it up. Only 25 pages into it, I can tell I'll be reading it well into the evening. [...]

The Leadership Secrets of Colin Powell
The Leadership Secrets of Colin Powell
by Oren Harari
193 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful and inspiring, March 4, 2002
I've never been so inspired by an Amazon purchase that I felt compelled to write a review, but "Secrets" is my watershed moment.
As part of my never ending quest to become the best Director of Sales / Manager / Leader possible, I have read countless books paralleling military structure and business structure. For the most part, I digest the material and attempt to adapt it to my personal situation, relationships with my employees, and relationships with my customers. Most often, any direct quote or application is seemingly too obvious an adaption from some military procedure or code. "Secrets", however, was different.
Perhaps because it was written miuns direct contact with Colin Powell (can this *really* be true) that we get the perspective of Harari and his researchers on the relevancy, and not a direct military viewpoint. Perhaps. I can't imagine Harari enlisted the help of an Army platoon to write this book, but probably a young, talented MBA student with little real perspective on military life.
Either way, I earmarked and bookmarked numerous ideas that I'll apply to my work environment and I highly recommend this book to managers who want to be true leaders.