Profile for Felipe&Lisa > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Felipe&Lisa RSS Feed

Panasonic 3-Year Accidental Damage Coverage ($750 - $999 Cameras/Camcorders)
Panasonic 3-Year Accidental Damage Coverage ($750 - $999 Cameras/Camcorders)

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING - DO NOT BUY THIS PANASONIC AMAZON WARRANTY, February 22, 2012
This is in reference to Panasonic Accidental Damage Coverage for Cameras/Camcorders.

My experience with this product/service is terrible. "Panasonic Customer Care Plans" and "Panasonic" are a bunch of liers and thieves.
For more than 8 weeks now, I have tried to have the Panasonic HDC-TM900 I bought (also in Amazon) serviced but both, Panasonic Customer Care Plans and Panasonic refuse to fix it. In fact, Panasonic is charging $211 just to look at the camera (they already have it as they told me to send it to their Service Repair Center in McAllen, TX).

Each company points the finger at the other company as to who should fix the camera (one claims the camera is under mfg warranty, the other claims is not; and no matter who you speak to, after hours of researching they come back to the same conclusion). I even offer to mediate between you two to no avail. My wife & I have made multiple calls and spend hours talking to both "sides" our patience has run out. Note that the effective date for the full service coverage is 7/5/2011 and expiration date in 7/4/2014 & I purchased the camera no more than 6-7 months ago so there's no argument that the camera should be fix. The question is who fixes it. In the mean time, we have no camera and we have to spend hours every day on the phone. They have no consideration for the customer. Bunch of liers and thieves.

By now, you understand these are two different companies so I was also misled by the use of the Panasonic brand name. So I would not buy any extended Amazon Panasonic (or Amazon whatever) extended plan as they just abuse consumers. As far as the camera is concerned, I've always loved Panasonic electronics b/c of quality but this one had a few quality issues.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 9, 2012 6:47 AM PDT