Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Bradley Bevers > Reviews

Browse

Bradley Bevers' Profile

Customer Reviews: 597

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bradley Bevers "Author of Texas Farm & Ranch Guide" RSS Feed (Brenham, TX)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Spalding Little League® RS Baseball (1 Dozen)
Spalding Little League® RS Baseball (1 Dozen)
Price: $49.33
5 used & new from $37.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, June 3, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Great deal for baseballs. If you are anything like our family, buying one ball is never enough. This pack of baseballs will keep you supplied for a long time. Quality is top notch, stitching is tights, and they are very well made. If you need more than one or two baseballs, get this pack. Recommended.

The Noble Lie: When Scientists Give the Right Answers for the Wrong Reasons
The Noble Lie: When Scientists Give the Right Answers for the Wrong Reasons
by Gary Greenberg
Price: $20.89
63 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars This Book Will Challenge The Way You Think, June 1, 2016
I can't remember why I picked up this book first, but its been on my 'to read' shelf for more than a couple years now so I finally picked it up. It's a hard book to review or recommend because the author covers so many controversial topics that it will definitely offend you one way or another. His premise is that though science has come to some good conclusions in many areas, often how they got there is wrongheaded. He covers a variety of topics, from alcoholism to homosexuality to determining death. All of it is really well written and will stretch the way that you think about conclusions and how they are determined behind the scenes.

I have zero medical background, so his chapters on brain death and determining whether someone has actually died or not was really interesting. Turns out that our process is more political than scientific, and fails at certain points along the way because we may have a wrong-headed view of what life is.

Another topic that was really interesting was his chapter on homosexuality. He gives some interesting background information into why it was removed from the DSM and why he argued against its removal. Turns out that they put it to a vote from the members and the main reasoning behind its removal was that those who displayed these symptoms had no special tendency to display symptoms of other mental illnesses. Greenberg argued that it was a dangerous precedent to set and he also shows why the reasoning and science behind there being a gene that determines sexuality is faulty. His reasoning veers more liberal than most - he argues that there is a spectrum of sexuality and it can change over time depending on influences. Oddly, I think this is also a Christian view of sexual preference determination even though it would be on the other end of the spectrum - Christians have always believed that there is a spectrum of sexuality and that engaging in immoral activity can lead to other sin.

As you can see from above, this is a book that will challenge long held assumptions and force you to evaluate things in new ways. It's worth picking up if any of the topics interest you or if you have a medical background.

Make Fun!: Create Your Own Toys, Games, and Amusements
Make Fun!: Create Your Own Toys, Games, and Amusements
by Bob Knetzger
Price: $17.00
55 used & new from $12.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of the Bunch - Highly Recommended, May 30, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Over the past few years, it seems like more and more of these types of books are coming out. Most of them include some simple fun projects that are easy to do. This book is different.

Not only does he teach simple projects, but by the end of this book you will have the tools to invent many other types of toys and games. This is a really impressive book that will teach your kids the basics of building and making, from electronics to plastics to woodworking. It's a master course in making things hidden inside of a kids toy book, and one that I will have a lot of fun with going through with my kids. Really excited to finish to this one with my kids and see what we learn together.

Highly Recommended

Fisher-Price Newborn Rock 'n Play Sleeper, Geo Meadow
Fisher-Price Newborn Rock 'n Play Sleeper, Geo Meadow
Price: $59.99
18 used & new from $52.19

5.0 out of 5 stars A+ Product - Buy it, use it every day, May 26, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This works perfect, and its a great price. If you are thinking about getting this, just order it now. We are about to have our fourth baby, and I have learned that swing sleepers are the best way for parents to get some shut eye. Don't worry about your baby not being able to sleep anywhere else if you use it too much . . . in my experience, it takes about a 3 days to get them used to something else when you are ready to move on. Use it, use it a lot, and buy this one. Highly Recommended.

FishHunter PRO, The World's Fastest Wireless Portable Fish Finder
FishHunter PRO, The World's Fastest Wireless Portable Fish Finder
Price: $175.16
3 used & new from $165.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Find That Fish, May 19, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is great. If you are looking for a fish finder that is easy to use, effective, and very well made, get this one. Easy to set up out of the box and it really works well. I tried testing in a pool and thought something was wrong, but realized that needs to be a certain depth. Once we took it out to a lake it was perfect. Great product, great price. Highly Recommended.

The Conversion Code: Capture Internet Leads, Create Quality Appointments, Close More Sales
by Chris Smith
Price: $14.88
63 used & new from $10.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, May 19, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Books like this are always a steal, as long as you follow some of the advice given. Here the author presents many great idea for marketing in today's world and makes it very easy to follow multiple strategies to increase leads, conversions, and closings. He also owns a company that does many of the things he advocates in the book for you, making it even easier if you don't have time for this yourself.

Some really great advice here on design, retargeting, effective facebook ads, and scripts for sales calls. Few books cover closing techniques, social media tips, and website design theory all in one place, but here it works really well. Great book, great info. Highly Recommended.

PowerLead PCH004 Multi-function Stainless Cross Screwdriver Outdoor Camping Folding Pocket Knives with LED Light
Offered by PowerLead
Price: $22.99
2 used & new from $22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A+ Product, Recommended, May 19, 2016
Very cool survival tool. The flashlight is powered through either solar power or a hand crank, which means you will never be without light. The other tools included on the light work really well too, and you will be able to use them all. This makes a great gift or just a good light to throw in your car or camping bag in case of an emergency. Very well made and can't beat the price. Recommended.

I was offered this product at a discount in exchange for a fair and unbiased review.

PowerLead U818A-HD Quadcopter With HD Camera Quadcopter Drone Quadcopter Kit Quadcopter Toy Quadcopter Tracker

5.0 out of 5 stars A+, Buy This Drone, May 18, 2016
Wow, this is a really great deal. Right out of the box, this works great and is very easy to fly. Has a powerful throttle that will let you take it as high as you want to go (I've taken it 300-400 feet high already, just in my backyard). The camera on it shoots high quality video and pictures and the system is extremely easy to use.

It is also very durable . . . still learning how to fly and most flights end in a crash, but zero problems so far. For the money, you will not have more fun than this. My kids love to push the button that makes it flip over even though they can't fly it yet, and we have a blast with this drone. If you are looking for a well made drone that will be lots of fun at a great price, buy this one.

I received this product at a discounted price for a fair and unbiased review.

Backyard Safari Wet Dry Field Kit
Backyard Safari Wet Dry Field Kit
Offered by Kidz Kupboard
Price: $24.18
9 used & new from $24.18

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Great Quality, May 18, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Eh, quality is not great for the price. Tools are flimsy, net won't last long. Maybe its just my boys, but they are rough enough that these 'tools' won't stand the test of time. Fun while it lasts, but that won't be long.

Ego Is the Enemy
Ego Is the Enemy
by Ryan Holiday
Price: $15.00
76 used & new from $10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars This Book Is Not About You, May 13, 2016
This review is from: Ego Is the Enemy (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Carrying around a book that has the word 'ego' in the title causes people to ask 'What are you reading?'. It's a hard book to describe, but for most people I have been telling them it's an anti-self-help book, and I highly recommend it.

This is Holiday's fourth book, and in my opinion its his best. The writing is well-crafted and easy to read, his anecdotes are timeless, and it reads like a modern philosophy book. As a business owner, its easy to get wrapped up in your own story and what you have done so far, glossing over the trials along the way and lucky breaks that it took to get there. This book is like a kick in the pants that will cause you to revaluate your own accomplishments in the light of the truth, and help focus you on what it takes to stay there.

Here are a few of my favorite quotes so far:

"We hear what we want to hear. We do what we feel like doing, and despite bing incredibly busy and working very hard, we accomplish very little." (49)

"Responsibility requires a readjustment and then increased clarity and purpose. First, setting the top-level goals and priorities of the organization and your life. Then enforcing and observing them. To produce results and only results." (129)

"All of us waste precious life doing things we don't like, to prove ourselves to people we don't respect, and to get things we don't want." (120)

"Instead of pretending that we are living some great story, we must remain focused on the execution–and on executing with excellence. We must defer the credit or crown and continue working on what got us here." (117)

I read all the time, but I rarely keep books once I have read them unless they pass one of two tests: I will want to re-read it one day (or reference it) or that I will recommend it to others. This book passes both, and I will likely buy multiple copies as gifts.

Highly recommended.