Profile for E. Seiler > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

E. Seiler "Skyl1ght" RSS Feed

ZeroWater ZD-018 23-Cup Water Dispenser and Filtration System
ZeroWater ZD-018 23-Cup Water Dispenser and Filtration System
Price: $37.88
39 used & new from $27.95

1.0 out of 5 stars PLEASE READ before you buy! Poor design, not cost efficient, very disappointing, October 19, 2013
We purchased this filter after moving to Tucson AZ, which has poor water compared to where we used to live. The filters were expensive, but, I liked the design and large capacity, and when I did the math, it seemed to come out saving us money. However...

The first filter lasted a month and everything seemed to be fine.
The second filter lasted less than a month, and there was a HORRIBLE acid taste in the water, almost lemony it was so acidic. When we tested it, the levels were HIGHER than our tap water! Almost double!
We are are now on the third filter, and I just noticed the acid taste coming back. It has been less than two weeks.

I have no idea why the filters are having a shorter and shorter life span. It is just two adults, and we have been using the filter less and less over the past month, which you would think would help it last longer, not make them "used up" faster.

We do have poor water here, usually reading in the high 200s... but not so bad that the filters only last two weeks! We don't even drink that much water.

I hate to give poor reviews... but... maybe it will save someone else from making the same mistake we did. Now we are stuck with a pitcher that leaks and isn't user friendly, an a box of 8 filters that barely last two weeks. Originally the pack of 8 should have lasted a year, which would have been cheaper than bottled... but now that will last only 4 months. At $15 a filter (or $11 if you buy in bulk), this system is not cost efficient.

Also... the spigot is terribly hard to press in for any amount of time (like filling a pot or pitcher) and it started to leak really bad after a couple of weeks. At first I put up with dripping water all over the floor, but now it is just adding to an overall poor product.

A Gospel Primer for Christians: Learning to See the Glories of God's Love
A Gospel Primer for Christians: Learning to See the Glories of God's Love
by Milton Vincent
Price: $9.75
124 used & new from $2.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have for every believer!, July 17, 2010
Every Christian should have a copy of this book not on their shelves, but out being used every day! It is a concise yet in depth review of the gospel and what it means to every believer; it really is a "primer" in the sense that it is the basics, but can still be used by new Christians all the way through those more mature in their faith. You can never outgrow the truths that this book helps you to review. Personally it has helped to kick boost my faith, get me back on track after a low time filled with challenges and enrich my daily Bible reading.
This is really an excellent resource and I highly recommend it.

Casio Men's GW9000A-1 G-Shock Mudman Solar Atomic Watch
Casio Men's GW9000A-1 G-Shock Mudman Solar Atomic Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars This is one tough, good looking watch!, January 10, 2010
After extensive research, I bought this watch for my fiance for Christmas. He is in the Army (Infantry) and was deployed to Iraq for the second time this January. I wanted to get him something that would be useful, but would also stand up to the wear and tear of the Army and the Iraq desert! This watch met everything that I was looking for, and he LOVED it. He made tons of comments about how cool it was, but how it was so tough at the same time. His favorite feature is the Auto EL, which can be easily turned off and on, which is perfect for the military. The watch is on the larger side, and I was worried that it wouldn't fit well on his small wrist, but it looks great on him and he says it is very comfortable.
Several people have complained about the small raises "nubs" on the watch. They rubbed his wrist for a day or two, but nothing unbearable, and after he got it adjusted to where he likes it, he loves that it is slightly raised off his wrist. As for those who say that the buttons are two hard to push - that is one of the features that make this watch tough so it will last! It just takes a little extra effort, that's all, and if you don't like the buttons, then I don't really think that you have any need for a watch this tough.
I will edit the review after a few months of him being in the desert to report how it is holding up!

The Cultural Landscape: An Introduction to Human Geography (8th Edition)
The Cultural Landscape: An Introduction to Human Geography (8th Edition)
by James M. Rubenstein
84 used & new from $2.73

2.0 out of 5 stars An Introduction to Human Geography, March 10, 2009
This book was not very well written or edited; in fact, there were several major typos or misspelled words. In one place, the text is discussing three different topics and says "First.... secondly... and secondly" instead of saying "lastly" or "thirdly."