Profile for CM > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

CM RSS Feed (Houston)

Page: 1 | 2
Eagle Creek Travel Bug Mini Backpack RFID, Black, One Size
Eagle Creek Travel Bug Mini Backpack RFID, Black, One Size
Price: $70.00
2 used & new from $54.74

2.0 out of 5 stars Poorly Designed, June 12, 2014
I purchased this small backpack to carry an iPad Air, an iPhone and other small items but the bag is not very suitable for the task. I knew that it was small but I did not expect it to be so poorly designed. Eagle Creek makes very good products (I own many of them) but this is not one of them.

First, the top part of the bag - the upper lip/cover portion - tapers down pretty fast and it also narrows quite a bit. This makes it difficult to slide the iPad into the rear slot with the pack upright. To do it with some ease I had to lay the pack flat on its back and hold the lip back but in that position the other contents would slide out. Secondly, the front pocket has an L shaped opening/zipper which does not open sufficiently to get items into the RFID slot or the right side of the compartment. While I could get my wallet there with some effort, removing it at a store for a purchase would be a hassle. The straps are also very flimsy, and while probably strong enough, the weight of the iPad and iPhone makes the straps slide to the sides and too close to the arms. This makes the pack pretty uncomfortable to wear for any length of time.

In short this is a cute little bag but not very practical. I am returning it and purchasing a Timbuk2 instead. The only reason I did not give it one star is because of the usual good construction quality typical of Eagle Creek.

Brushed Steel Mini Droplet Table Lamp
Brushed Steel Mini Droplet Table Lamp
Offered by LAMPS PLUS
Price: $39.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality and Support, June 14, 2013
I purchased this lamp from Lamps Plus which was a mistake. The lamp base was reasonable enough but the shade is of very poor quality. The shade that came with the lamp was stained and had bad workmanship around the edges making the lamp look very cheap. I emailed Lamps Plus and they sent me a shade replacement which was in worse shape so I emailed them again and they sent a third shade but unfortunately this shade was for a totally different lamp (shade was made out of glass, square in shape, and in no way would fit this lamp). I emailed Lamps Plus again and they have not responded so I may have lost my money. I wrote a review like this one on the Lamps Plus website and they did not publish it, perhaps because of my one star rating. I would not purchase from this seller.

Kwikset Juno Entry Knob featuring SmartKey® in Satin Nickel
Kwikset Juno Entry Knob featuring SmartKey® in Satin Nickel
Price: $24.89
38 used & new from $18.01

1.0 out of 5 stars No Customer Support, June 7, 2013
I had a problem with a Kiwkset lock that had an upside down key so I visited the Kwikset FAQs. Their website shows a single posting for "Upside Down Key". Unfortunately the posting does not apply to all of their locks and certainly not to mine, a Juno Entry Knob, as mine functions differently. I contacted Kwikset twice, once by email per their website and once by fax a month later as I had not heard from them. They did not give me the courtesy of a reply either time so their customer service bats a zero as far as I am concerned. Like other reviewers, I will also be buying other brands.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 21, 2013 11:52 PM PDT

Kwikset 992 Juno Entry Knob and Double Cylinder Deadbolt Combo Pack featuring SmartKey® in Satin Nickel
Price: $49.92
4 used & new from $46.31

1.0 out of 5 stars No Customer Support, June 7, 2013
I had a problem with a Kiwkset lock that had an upside down key so I visited the Kwikset FAQs. Their website shows a single posting for "Upside Down Key". Unfortunately the posting does not apply to all of their locks and certainly not to mine, a Juno Entry Knob, as mine functions differently. I contacted Kwikset twice, once by email per their website and once by fax a month later as I had not heard from them. They did not give me the courtesy of a reply either time so their customer service bats a zero as far as I am concerned. Like other reviewers, I also will be buying other brands.

Native Eyewear Nano2 Sunglasses, Asphalt with Brown Lens
Native Eyewear Nano2 Sunglasses, Asphalt with Brown Lens
Offered by Backcountry
Price: $118.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Sunglasses, November 18, 2012
These are excellent sunglasses - very comfortable, interchangeable lenses, great protection and vision. I have purchased three pairs and use them all the time. Highly recommended.

LG 42CS560 42-Inch 1080p 60Hz LCD HDTV (2012 Model)
LG 42CS560 42-Inch 1080p 60Hz LCD HDTV (2012 Model)
Offered by Candela Network
3 used & new from $500.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Experience with LG TVs, November 18, 2012
I would not recommend LG TVs based on my experience as mine have not been reliable. I have owned 3 of them, two 42" and one 32", all of which went on the blink within 2 years or less. The first 42" would not power on at all and needed a new main board at a cost of $600 (TV repaired at an LG authorized facility but even after $600 it was returned with a tuner/sound problem). A second 42" purchased some months later went black (would produce sound but no picture) and the third, a 32", started powering on and off by itself for no reason when changing channels and became unwatchable. I talked to LG about my bad experience but to no avail; they offered no help. The last two TVs went to the recycler as the cost to repair them was over half of new ones.

NETGEAR ProSAFE FS105 5-Port Fast Ethernet Desktop Switch
NETGEAR ProSAFE FS105 5-Port Fast Ethernet Desktop Switch
Price: $19.99
62 used & new from $12.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy switch, April 29, 2012
This is a good Ethernet switch and works as advertised. I needed an efficient and reliable switch inside my network control panel, a panel in a closet where all my telephone, cable TV, alarm system, and Ethernet wires interconnect. Since the panel was rather crowded already, I needed a compact unit with a hardy case. This unit fits the bill and it is working as designed. This is an industrial looking switch well suited for inside a panel. It would not look so great on a desktop. For that I would recommend the Linksys SE1500, a similar unit, seemingly reliable, with a sharper look. I did not have "the loose plug" issue another reviewer experienced. Mine fits well - luck of the draw I guess.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 29, 2012 8:51 PM PDT

Bose Wave Music System (Graphite Gray) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Bose Wave Music System (Graphite Gray) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
19 used & new from $275.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, April 28, 2012
I own two of these Bose Wave Systems and while they are no match for a large stereo, the sound quality is truly remarkable, especially when one considers the size of the box the music is coming from. How they accomplish this is a feat of real engineering. One of mine is several years old, the other is fairly new and both are without problems. I live a good distance from the FM transmitters and the Boses get a strong signal using just the cord as the antenna; in contrast to my large music system which requires a T dipole.

Midnight in Paris [Blu-ray]
Midnight in Paris [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Owen Wilson
Price: $14.99
51 used & new from $6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, April 28, 2012
This was my favorite movie of 2011. The story is charming and the city looks even better in the movie than in real life (although it looks really nice in real life also). Woody Allen filmed this flick with a "warm" tone to the cinematography and it does wonders to enhance the mood. I rented this from Netflix, saw it twice then, and decided to buy it for the future. Shows great on Blu-ray.

Symphonie Espagnole / Zigeunerweisen / Thais
Symphonie Espagnole / Zigeunerweisen / Thais
18 used & new from $7.69

4.0 out of 5 stars A solid performance, April 28, 2012
I bought this CD basically for the Massenet which is played very well but not superbly so. The Lalo is equally well performed and the much over played Sarasate, what can I say, a solid performance. Recommended...

Page: 1 | 2