Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Melanie Martinez Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Profile for Anthony Lawrence > Reviews

Browse

Anthony Lawrence's Profile

Customer Reviews: 219

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Anthony Lawrence "Unixish stuff" RSS Feed (Middleboro, MA USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Belkin Conserve Insight Energy Use Monitor (F7C005)
Belkin Conserve Insight Energy Use Monitor (F7C005)
Price: Click here to see our price
12 used & new from $22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I absolutely love it., July 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love this. I already have a Kill-a-watt meter, but this is so much better for my use. First off, it's easy to use because of the separate output screen. It would be even better if it were bluetooth, but the cord is plenty long enough for my needs. Second, it's simple: it actually guessed my electricity rate within a few tenths of a cent, but I can reprogram it in seconds. I like that it shows me yearly cost by default, because cost is what I'm really interested in. Its averaging function means that I can leave it plugged into something like my Kuerig and easily get a true idea of the expected yearly or monthly cost.

I don't really care about the CO2 footprint - I'd rather have the option for actual watts (which is the lightning symbol).
Comment Comment | Permalink

Bosch 40319 SteelTech Wiper Blade - 19" (Pack of 1)
Bosch 40319 SteelTech Wiper Blade - 19" (Pack of 1)
Price: $7.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than other blades., July 2, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I like the Bosch wiper blades. I've had them before and have never been happy when I've replaced them with something else.

Though I do cheerfully admit to always having problems installing wiper blades - not Bosch particularly, but any. Something about it doesn't make sense to me and the instructions just don't click with me. I'm always amused by how quickly our service guys just pop these on as though it were the easiest thing in the world. I guess it is, for them, but I always struggle.

Anyway, if you can figure that part out or already know how to do it, I do recommend these as better than the typical junk you'll buy in a local store.

Leitz Bluetooth Conference Speaker, Black (670102)
Leitz Bluetooth Conference Speaker, Black (670102)
Price: $38.31
5 used & new from $29.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Packs a lot in a tiny speaker, June 30, 2015
Wow..

First of all, whenever I get anything for my computer, I wonder whether it will work with my Mac. There's no reason that a bluetooth speaker SHOULDN'T work, of course, but I still always feel that hesitation.

So, of course it worked. I was initially surprised by how small it is - before I opened the box I was a bit surprised, and when I opened it and found that the speaker itself is much smaller, that really raised my eyebrows. But I went ahead and plugged it into a USB port (for charging) on my wife's Mini, switched it on and paired it with one click of the mouse.

Then I put it behind her monitor and went to Youtube to find some music. That was my second surprise - that tiny little thing is making that sound? It's good sound, too, at least to me. I'm no audiophile, but it's a heck of a lot better than her speakers!

Small, portable, but full throated. Works for me!

Amazon Echo
Amazon Echo
Price: $179.99

5.0 out of 5 stars We love our Echo, June 19, 2015
This review is from: Amazon Echo (Electronics)
i start every morning with "Alexa, Office Light on" and then "What's up, Alexa?"

After listening to that, it's usually "Alexa, shuffle our music". Then throughout the day I'll have her add things to our shopping list as I think of them and often have her set timers for various things.

We love Alexa!

Bulger On Trial: Boston's Most Notorious Gangster And The Pursuit Of Justice
Bulger On Trial: Boston's Most Notorious Gangster And The Pursuit Of Justice
Price: $0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed it somewhat in spite of that, May 30, 2015
Not very well written. Enjoyed it somewhat in spite of that.

Chef's Choice 609 Premium Electric Food Slicer
Chef's Choice 609 Premium Electric Food Slicer
Price: $99.95
17 used & new from $99.95

5.0 out of 5 stars For those who say it cannot slice bread - yes it can!, March 7, 2015
I bought this for slicing bread. Several people, including my wife, said that it would not work for bread. I told them I had read reviews here at Amazon that said it would, but they still doubted. Some conceded that it might work for regular bread, but that it would tear apart soft bread and that our favorite raisin bread would make a terrible mess.

In fact, it works wonderfully. The picture is my first loaf of raisin bread after slicing. Very neat, very easy and cleanup was a snap.

Numismatic Art in America: Aesthetics of the United States Coinage
Numismatic Art in America: Aesthetics of the United States Coinage
by Cornelius Clarkson Vermeule
37 used & new from $14.53

5.0 out of 5 stars The writing is excellent, the illustrations are wonderful and the information content ..., July 23, 2014
I strongly disagree with another reviewers comment "Not a coin book filled with history info". It certainly is filled with history - the history of the designs and the designers!

The writing is excellent, the illustrations are wonderful and the information content is superb. No, it doesn't have mintages and pricing - that's not the point of this wonderful work.

For me, this is one of the best numismatic books I own. I expect to be referring back to it frequently.

Basic Coin Design
Basic Coin Design
Price: $7.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly formatted digital edition, July 22, 2014
This review is from: Basic Coin Design (Kindle Edition)
I might have enjoyed this more were it not for the poor formatting of the digital edition. Did anyone even bother to look at this before putting it out?

It's also more than ridiculous to charge $7.99 for a very short digital book that is difficult to read because of poor text formatting.

If he fixes the formatting and lowers the price, he might sell a few because it is mildly interesting. Otherwise, I can't see it.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Alfa AWUS036NH 2000mW 2W 802.11g/n High Gain USB Wireless G / N Long-Range WiFi Network Adapter with 5dBi Screw-On Swivel Rubber Antenna and 7dBi Panel Antenna and Suction cup / Clip Window Mount
Offered by DBROTH
Price: $39.99
3 used & new from $34.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Initially I had it plugged into a lower speed 3 ..., July 14, 2014
Initially I had it plugged into a lower speed 3.0 USB port. After installing the latest driver for OS X 10.9.3 from RTUSB_D2870-4.2.9.2_UI-4.0.9.6_10.7-10.9_2013_11_29.dmg and switching it to the 3.0 High Speed port ( innermost on my 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 Mac Mini) it came right up and doubled my signal strength instantly.

The Dollar of 1804 ‚€" The U.S. Mint‚€TMs Hidden Secret by Mark Ferguson
The Dollar of 1804 ‚€" The U.S. Mint‚€TMs Hidden Secret by Mark Ferguson

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tracing of the history of the Dexter Dollar and more, May 13, 2014
The 1804 dollar is known as the "King of American Coins". The Dexter specimen, which is the main focus of this book, is one of 8 "Class I originals" made by the Mint in 1834 as presentation pieces for such notables as the King of Siam. It's not known who the Dexter specimen was intended for, and indeed a lot of the history of these coins is shrouded in mystery.

This book strips away some of the mystery and offers an alternate theory about the 19,750 dollars that show as minted in official record. I don't want to give that away as the story really is extremely interesting and you should experience it first hand.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20