Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing
Profile for Anthony Lawrence > Reviews

Browse

Anthony Lawrence's Profile

Customer Reviews: 256

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Anthony Lawrence "Unixish stuff" RSS Feed (Middleboro, MA USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Liquid Fence HG-71106 Deer & Rabbit Repellent, 32 oz
Liquid Fence HG-71106 Deer & Rabbit Repellent, 32 oz
Price: $39.97
5 used & new from $32.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well for me., May 4, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This has worked well for me for several years. Other folks plants get eaten and they insist "none of that stuff works", but it works for me. I do apply it more than once, and it isn't always easy to trudge out in deep snow for a fresh spray, but it keeps the hungry deer somewhere else, so it's worth the effort.

Like another reviewer, I also spray some things that the deer wouldn't bother with as I believe that can keep them from investigating the plants they would like,

BenQ WiT LED Desk Lamp with Dimmable, Warm/Cool White Light Best for Designer, Office, Gaming, Browsing, Working and Reading, Silver
Price: $299.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, but flawed by poor design., May 4, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a really nice lamp. I like that it is heavy and the dual tone lighting and adjustable brightness is very nice.

However, it's flawed by locating the touch on-off so close to the adjusting knob. It's all too easy to accidentally turn the lamp off when simply trying to adjust the brightness or hue.

I suppose that in most places you might adjust it once and leave it, but if that's not your expected use, that accidental touch will quickly become annoying.

UAG Folio 9.7-inch iPad Pro Feather Lite Composite [BLACK] Military Drop Tested iPad Case
Offered by Accessory Solutions
Price: $59.95
3 used & new from $49.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me (and does charge the Pencil)!, April 24, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I had bought the Apple case and cover for my 9.7 Pro. This is so much better!

My first fear was that my Apple Pencil would not charge. The cover does interfere with it plugging fully in fully, but I decided to just leave it for ten minutes and, lo and behold, it charged right up!

I agree with other reviewers that the pencil holder could be better done, but it works and as my other cover had nothing, at least I don't have to carry it separately now. I really don't find that it interferes with my use in any way, It's there touching my palm when I hold my iPad in one hand, yes, but it doesn't interfere.

I really like that this is one piece - I have knocked off my Apple smart cover now and then. I like the ribbed surface and that the buttons are actually exposed rather than internal as they are on the Apple case 0 they work better exposed.

All in all, this is a keeper for me. I'm giving the Apple case to a friend who has nothing.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Zuli Smartplug: Smart Home Control, Dimmer, Energy Monitor & Timer (Presence 3 Pack)
Offered by MB Ventures
Price: $118.99
10 used & new from $68.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Smart and well designed but incomplete, April 21, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have a number of smart switches, What I appreciate about these is their size - they don't usurp two plugs,

Setup was easy - The plug you are working on identifies itself by glowing, I like that it has auto-off and scheduling. I don't presently own any Hue lights, but those have been on my radar, so the ability to control those too is interesting.

The "Presence" feature is less so. Who carries their phone with them around the house? I don't, so that ability is of no value to me. More annoying is the lack of any remote features - I can't control these remotely at all.

It seems that every smart switch I own falls short somewhere and these are no exception.

Live Fast Die Hot
Live Fast Die Hot
by Jenny Mollen
Price: $19.55

3.0 out of 5 stars This just wasn't for me. I don't know whether ..., April 20, 2016
This review is from: Live Fast Die Hot (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This just wasn't for me. I don't know whether it's my age, my socio-economic status or what, but I could only read 100 pages before I tossed it in the trash. Someone else might find it amusing; I did not. Too much money, too much privilege, far too shallow.

I think what annoyed me the most was the bit about buying a fake designer bag. Dealing with a criminal by someone who already has more than most will ever dream of just put a bad taste in my mouth and made me dislike the author.

PORTER-CABLE PCCK615L4 20V Max 4-Tool Combo Kit
PORTER-CABLE PCCK615L4 20V Max 4-Tool Combo Kit
Price: $231.65
13 used & new from $179.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow. Just wow, really., March 18, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have several cordless drills. This set really impressed me. Everything is lightweight, including the 20V batteries, but the power definitely is not. I liked that the batteries are easy to plug in and remove.

In spite of being light, everything feels solid. Hard to describe, but basically I expected the tools to feel cheap because they are light, but no, they don't feel like that at all.

The LED light is VERY powerful. I think I'll keep that in the house rather than the garage. It's far stronger than any flashlight I own.

All in all, a very nice set.

Pack of 100 SIM Card Tray Open Opener Ejector Eject Pin Removal Remover Key Tool - Compatible for All Apple Phones iPad iPhone 2G 3G 3GS 4 4S 5 5C 5S 6 6 Plus 6S 6S Plus (100 Pack Eject Pin)
Offered by Leedom
Price: $9.29
8 used & new from $8.89

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money., March 7, 2016
Cheap and flimsy. First one I tried broke instantly, second one lasted through two phones and then broke,

iPad Pro: How to Solve 50 of the Biggest Problems in 10 Minutes
iPad Pro: How to Solve 50 of the Biggest Problems in 10 Minutes
Price: $2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Nearly Worthless, March 6, 2016
Poorly written and nothing in here you can't find better results for with a quick Google.

Lifeline Combat bag, Black/Red, 10 lb
Lifeline Combat bag, Black/Red, 10 lb
Price: $59.99
2 used & new from $3.55

5.0 out of 5 stars I like this sort of workout, February 17, 2016
This review is from: Lifeline Combat bag (Sports)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've wanted something like this for some time. I've been using dumbbells for similar workouts, but this is far better and probably safer too.

I've had a bad cold for a week, so I wasn't ready to do a really hard workout with this, but I was able to do enough to see that it does what I want to do and is heavy enough to be reasonably challenging.

Bissell Zing Bagless Canister Vacuum, 1665
Bissell Zing Bagless Canister Vacuum, 1665
Price: $49.99
5 used & new from $42.49

4.0 out of 5 stars More powerful than expected, February 17, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I like this. It's light and much more powerful than I expected.

On the negative side: the tubing for the floor wand slips apart easily. That's annoying, and I may end up gluing it in place.

It is noisy, but my use for this will be for quick jobs where I don't want to bother to drag out our "real" vacuum. For that purpose, I think this is much better than the underpowered Swiffer that we use now.

Easy take-apart for cleaning. Pretty nice job, all things considered.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20