Profile for Anthony Lawrence > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 213

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Anthony Lawrence "Unixish stuff" RSS Feed (Middleboro, MA USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Numismatic Art in America: Aesthetics of the United States Coinage
Numismatic Art in America: Aesthetics of the United States Coinage
by Cornelius Clarkson Vermeule
18 used & new from $26.95

5.0 out of 5 stars The writing is excellent, the illustrations are wonderful and the information content ..., July 23, 2014
I strongly disagree with another reviewers comment "Not a coin book filled with history info". It certainly is filled with history - the history of the designs and the designers!

The writing is excellent, the illustrations are wonderful and the information content is superb. No, it doesn't have mintages and pricing - that's not the point of this wonderful work.

For me, this is one of the best numismatic books I own. I expect to be referring back to it frequently.

Basic Coin Design
Basic Coin Design
Price: $7.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly formatted digital edition, July 22, 2014
This review is from: Basic Coin Design (Kindle Edition)
I might have enjoyed this more were it not for the poor formatting of the digital edition. Did anyone even bother to look at this before putting it out?

It's also more than ridiculous to charge $7.99 for a very short digital book that is difficult to read because of poor text formatting.

If he fixes the formatting and lowers the price, he might sell a few because it is mildly interesting. Otherwise, I can't see it.

Alfa AWUS036NH 2000mW 2W 802.11g/n High Gain USB Wireless G / N Long-Range WiFi Network Adapter with 5dBi Screw-On Swivel Rubber Antenna and 7dBi Panel Antenna and Suction cup / Clip Window Mount
Offered by DBROTH
Price: $39.99
2 used & new from $34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Initially I had it plugged into a lower speed 3 ..., July 14, 2014
Initially I had it plugged into a lower speed 3.0 USB port. After installing the latest driver for OS X 10.9.3 from RTUSB_D2870-4.2.9.2_UI-4.0.9.6_10.7-10.9_2013_11_29.dmg and switching it to the 3.0 High Speed port ( innermost on my 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 Mac Mini) it came right up and doubled my signal strength instantly.

The Dollar of 1804 â€" The U.S. Mintâ€TMs Hidden Secret by Mark Ferguson
The Dollar of 1804 â€" The U.S. Mintâ€TMs Hidden Secret by Mark Ferguson

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tracing of the history of the Dexter Dollar and more, May 13, 2014
The 1804 dollar is known as the "King of American Coins". The Dexter specimen, which is the main focus of this book, is one of 8 "Class I originals" made by the Mint in 1834 as presentation pieces for such notables as the King of Siam. It's not known who the Dexter specimen was intended for, and indeed a lot of the history of these coins is shrouded in mystery.

This book strips away some of the mystery and offers an alternate theory about the 19,750 dollars that show as minted in official record. I don't want to give that away as the story really is extremely interesting and you should experience it first hand.

Quartet® Chalkboard, 14" x 14", Wood Finish Frame (90006)
Quartet® Chalkboard, 14" x 14", Wood Finish Frame (90006)
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size, April 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is the perfect size to leave on the kitchen island that used to be cluttered with dozens of Stickies and other small pieces of paper.

Nickelodium: A Novel Based on Historical Facts
Nickelodium: A Novel Based on Historical Facts
by David Carl Mielke
Price: $15.26
10 used & new from $15.25

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad writing, April 7, 2014
Really bad writing. In spite of being interested in the subject and looking forward to a fictional treatment, I'm not going to finish reading it. It's that bad.

Omron Alvita Ultimate Pedometer, Gray
Omron Alvita Ultimate Pedometer, Gray
Price: $29.75
12 used & new from $26.28

4.0 out of 5 stars I do not like sometings about this new design, March 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The only good thing about this is that it's easier to set up than the previous version. It doesn't provide any more or less functionality, so there's nothing good or bad there.

What I dislike is the flexible case that holds the back clip. Sometimes I like to clip it, but sometimes I like it in my pocket. No problem at all with the old, but that case sticks to my pocket, making it hard to get out. I can take it off, which means I can't clip it when I want to.

The battery is easier to change, so that's good. Other than that, no better than the previous version as far as I can tell.

Wallet TrackR - Bluetooth 4.0 Device - Retail Packaging - Black
Wallet TrackR - Bluetooth 4.0 Device - Retail Packaging - Black
Price: $28.23
7 used & new from $25.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely perfect for me, March 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love it! I often misplace my wallet or leave home without it. One time I frantically drove 10 miles back to the store where I was sure I had lost it - it turned out to be on the seat of my car when I got out!

The other thing I frequently lose track of is my cell phone. I can usually call it, but not always, so the two way feature of this is perfect. Another reviewer said that didn't work - it did for me on my iPhone.

Easy, easy setup. I love it!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 9, 2014 2:43 PM PDT

Smead 3 Section SuperTab Folder, Letter Size, Assorted Colors, 12 per Pack (11905)
Price: $11.03
2 used & new from $9.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow - didn't think I'd see a better file folder, but here it is., March 3, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Who ever thought of improving the ubiquitous office file folder? I certainly didn't, but somebody did.

These are great. The three pockets let us organize within one folder - without that we'd either use two folders or colored paper separators, which is easy to miss.

I like the larger tab area, too. More room to write never hurts.

The fold over thingy is something I'm less sure of. The idea is to keep papers from sliding out, of course, but I've never had a problem with that and it's possible this could be annoying. We'll see; you can just ignore that feature if it turns out that way.

Cherrypickers' Guide to Rare Die Varieties of United States Coins: 1 (An Official Whitman Guidebook)
Price: $19.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Same feeling as for the other volume I expected better., February 17, 2014
I bought the digital editions hoping for better pictures (color and high quality) and a quick index, plus maybe charts and tables to make navigation easier. As I said at the companion book, this is only acceptable because I know of nothing better.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20