Profile for Anthony Lawrence > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 210

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Anthony Lawrence "Unixish stuff" RSS Feed (Middleboro, MA USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Dollar of 1804 â€" The U.S. Mintâ€TMs Hidden Secret by Mark Ferguson
The Dollar of 1804 â€" The U.S. Mintâ€TMs Hidden Secret by Mark Ferguson

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tracing of the history of the Dexter Dollar and more, May 13, 2014
The 1804 dollar is known as the "King of American Coins". The Dexter specimen, which is the main focus of this book, is one of 8 "Class I originals" made by the Mint in 1834 as presentation pieces for such notables as the King of Siam. It's not known who the Dexter specimen was intended for, and indeed a lot of the history of these coins is shrouded in mystery.

This book strips away some of the mystery and offers an alternate theory about the 19,750 dollars that show as minted in official record. I don't want to give that away as the story really is extremely interesting and you should experience it first hand.

Quartet® Chalkboard, 14" x 14", Wood Finish Frame (90006)
Quartet® Chalkboard, 14" x 14", Wood Finish Frame (90006)
Price: $9.99
2 used & new from $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size, April 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is the perfect size to leave on the kitchen island that used to be cluttered with dozens of Stickies and other small pieces of paper.

Nickelodium: A Novel Based on Historical Facts
Nickelodium: A Novel Based on Historical Facts
by David Carl Mielke
Price: $15.26
9 used & new from $15.25

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad writing, April 7, 2014
Really bad writing. In spite of being interested in the subject and looking forward to a fictional treatment, I'm not going to finish reading it. It's that bad.

Omron Alvita Ultimate Pedometer, Gray
Omron Alvita Ultimate Pedometer, Gray
Price: $29.75
5 used & new from $26.51

4.0 out of 5 stars I do not like sometings about this new design, March 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The only good thing about this is that it's easier to set up than the previous version. It doesn't provide any more or less functionality, so there's nothing good or bad there.

What I dislike is the flexible case that holds the back clip. Sometimes I like to clip it, but sometimes I like it in my pocket. No problem at all with the old, but that case sticks to my pocket, making it hard to get out. I can take it off, which means I can't clip it when I want to.

The battery is easier to change, so that's good. Other than that, no better than the previous version as far as I can tell.

Wallet TrackR - Bluetooth 4.0 Device - Retail Packaging - Black
Wallet TrackR - Bluetooth 4.0 Device - Retail Packaging - Black
Price: $29.99
3 used & new from $25.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely perfect for me, March 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love it! I often misplace my wallet or leave home without it. One time I frantically drove 10 miles back to the store where I was sure I had lost it - it turned out to be on the seat of my car when I got out!

The other thing I frequently lose track of is my cell phone. I can usually call it, but not always, so the two way feature of this is perfect. Another reviewer said that didn't work - it did for me on my iPhone.

Easy, easy setup. I love it!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 9, 2014 2:43 PM PDT

Smead 3 Section SuperTab Folder, Letter Size, Assorted Colors, 12 per Pack (11905)
Price: $11.03
2 used & new from $9.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow - didn't think I'd see a better file folder, but here it is., March 3, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Who ever thought of improving the ubiquitous office file folder? I certainly didn't, but somebody did.

These are great. The three pockets let us organize within one folder - without that we'd either use two folders or colored paper separators, which is easy to miss.

I like the larger tab area, too. More room to write never hurts.

The fold over thingy is something I'm less sure of. The idea is to keep papers from sliding out, of course, but I've never had a problem with that and it's possible this could be annoying. We'll see; you can just ignore that feature if it turns out that way.

Cherrypickers' Guide to Rare Die Varieties of United States Coins: 1 (An Official Whitman Guidebook)
Price: $19.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Same feeling as for the other volume I expected better., February 17, 2014
I bought the digital editions hoping for better pictures (color and high quality) and a quick index, plus maybe charts and tables to make navigation easier. As I said at the companion book, this is only acceptable because I know of nothing better.

Cherrypickers' Guide to Rare Die Varieties of United States Coins: 2 (An Official Whitman Guidebook)
Price: $19.99

3.0 out of 5 stars I hoped for better., February 17, 2014
I got the digital edition and hooked for better quality photos, but no, they aren't. I also hoped for a better index but again, no.

This is only worth the money because I don't know of anything better.

SE - Loupe Set - Dual 10x+20x, 10x, 30x, 3 Pc
SE - Loupe Set - Dual 10x+20x, 10x, 30x, 3 Pc
Offered by Gadgetscollection
Price: $7.95
11 used & new from $2.63

1.0 out of 5 stars Low quality, distortion, February 17, 2014
These have a very small field and a lot of distortion. I most definitely would not recommend them at all.

Hickory Bread Slicer Classic - Solid Hard Hickory, Heavy Duty Bread Slicer
Hickory Bread Slicer Classic - Solid Hard Hickory, Heavy Duty Bread Slicer
Offered by Bread Slicer Depot
Price: $32.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Just right, February 11, 2014
I wasn't about to spend big money on an electric slicer, so this hits the spot. Well made and not unattractive. The only difficulty is clearing crumbs out of the knife guide.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20