Profile for IBCotts > Reviews

Helpful Votes: 1937

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

IBCotts RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Coodio® NOOK Glowlight NOOK 5 and NOOK Simple Touch and NOOK Simple Touch with GlowLight Genuine Leather Cover Built-in Holder
2 used & new from $24.35

3.0 out of 5 stars It's just okay, January 21, 2015
I wanted a real leather case and the price dropped sufficiently on this one for me to take a chance on it. It is a very rigid case that leads me to think that it is more firm cardboard than leather. Once the tablet is clipped into the case the whole thing suddenly becomes a lot larger and because it is so firm it isn't the most comfortable case to sit on your lap. The hand strap is awkward to use regardless of which hand I used. I guess you could say the case is "just okay." For the price I have purchased better and I've purchased worse. It is becoming harder to find cases for the nook simple touch because it has been discontinued and even harder to find one in genuine leather. Would I buy it again? No. Am I returning it? No. Am I using it? Yes. Am I happy with it? I'm neither happy nor disappointed..... It's just okay.

onWay Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 Case - Slim Folding Protective Case Cover for Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 Inch Tablet (SM-T700/SM-T705C) With Smart Cover Auto Wake / Sleep and Free stylus pen (with Elastic Hand Strap, Card Holder, Multi-Angle) (For Galaxy Tab S 8.4, DARK BLUE)
Offered by onWay

1.0 out of 5 stars onWay case is a NoWay case, January 21, 2015
Given the price, I didn't have high expectations and the case certainly wouldn't have met many of them if I did. The case is a very rigid piece of cardboard with the finest possible layer of plastic covering it. It would be a stretch to call it "PU leather." It wouldn't surprise me if it was imitation plastic. But again, considering the price it is hard to really complain (although I have purchased other "cheap" cases that appeared to be much nicer than this one). The one star rating is because the magnets aren't strong enough to keep the case closed. As a result, it doesn't put the tablet to sleep or wake it up. Even though it is cheap I don't think that it is unreasonable to expect it to function properly. Unfortunately it doesn't. I can't recommend this case. Finding a slim genuine leather case for this particular tablet seems to be almost impossible so if you are willing to purchase a "PU leather" case instead my recommendation would be to keep looking and pass on this one. The onWay case turned out to be a NOway case and is being returned.

Precision Touch Dart Stylus (PTDS001)
Precision Touch Dart Stylus (PTDS001)
Offered by StylusShop
Price: $59.99
3 used & new from $59.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Another Huntwave Stylus Relabeled With A Premium Price, December 17, 2014
This appears to be yet another Huntwave stylus with a different name on it to make it appear as if it is some unique brand. Huntwave is an offshore manufacturer who manufactures styluses and then sells them in bulk at wholesale rates (you can Google their styluses and see just how similar they are). This stylus is similar (almost identical) to the Cregle ink, Lynctek apex and Joyfactory pinpoint stylus (all of which also appear to be relabeled Huntwave products) and it works about the same as these.... It required a great deal of pressure to work on my iPad which causes excess friction that wears out the tip prematurely. It didn't work at all on my iPhone 5s. Since it appears to be a Huntwave you can find them cheaper this is the 'type' of stylus that you really want but there is nothing special or unique about the "dart" in my opinion. For the money though there are better options out there that don't require as much pressure, aren't subject to having to constantly replace the tips and that work on both tablets and smartphones. I can't recommend this because the wholesale price is around $3 and it is too much profit to the seller for a stylus that just doesn't work all that well (Everyone is entitled to a profit but when greed sets in I always have to question the motives and it isn't generally isn't customer needs). There were a lot of refunds requested in the comments section of kickstarter where this stylus debuted which you probably should read. Right around that time the company (or shall we say relabeler) stopped monitoring the comments which raises some eyebrows about their choice of timing. This is relevant to both the quality of the stylus and the seller from the perspectives of others who have purchased this stylus.

ReGear(TM) Pro Stylus, An Active Stylus with a fine tip for iPad (All Models), Samsung Galaxy Tab (All Models) iPhone (All Models) and many more (Gray / Black)
Offered by StylusShop
Price: $59.99

1.0 out of 5 stars In a word.....JUNK, December 11, 2014
This appears to be a knockoff of the dotpen. It and ReGear were a big part of the kickstarter drama which you can read on that site. Unfortunately it didn't work out of the box so in an attempt to save a few dollars the old adage that you get what you pay for would be applicable. It also appears that quality control was lacking in the manufacturing process.. the "hard tip" is very rough and jagged rather than smooth and round. Not sure if this is why it doesn't work or not but I don't think I want to keep trying to purchase this stylus hoping to get one that works. First impressions are lasting.... I should have known better based on the drama associated with this on the other website. I'll pay the few dollars more and get the original dotpen and would highly recommend that others do the same.

Allsop 2mm Active Universal Stylus for iPhone, iPad 2/3/4, iPad Mini, iPad Air, Android phones and Tablets (31269)

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC Stylus, October 28, 2014
I think I own just about every stylus out there and this is by far the best one that I own. First, this is the exact same stylus as the Dotpen without the name. The tip is actually a very hard plastic which isn't obvious based on the photos. As a result, there is a clicking sound when it comes in contact with the glass. The stylus glides across the screen; I use the Swype keyboard on my iPad and Nexus 7 and using this stylus makes "typing" effortless. In addition it works flawlessly on my iPhone. This is a heavy stylus because it's made of aluminum but the balance seems just right. The one thing that could use improvement is the placement of the on/off switch. Where it is now makes it too easy to accidentally bump it while you are using it which turns the stylus off while you are in the middle of doing something. Just being cognizant of the location while using it seems to be sufficient so it isn't a constant problem.

It seems lately that a certain reviewer comes along and leaves a review for new styluses and speaks derogatorily about them in an attempt to promote the Dart stylus. Should you come across that review with this stylus I would ignore the review for two reasons.... First, they leave the same negative review about every stylus in an attempt to promote the Dart and second, I've used the Dart and quite frankly it isn't even in the same league as this one (basically it's junk).

Here's a great opportunity to get the dotpen for a lot less money and in the process get a fantastic stylus. I've actually gotten rid of the rest of my styluses because this is the only one that I need. I haven't had to replace the battery yet so I'm quite impressed with the battery life.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 3, 2014 12:08 PM PST

Bear Motion Luxury Genuine Top Lambskin Leather Case for iPhone 5 - Brown
Bear Motion Luxury Genuine Top Lambskin Leather Case for iPhone 5 - Brown
Offered by Pro Ebiz
Price: $13.99
3 used & new from $12.70

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice case - quality materials - but not necessarily the most protection that you can find, July 10, 2014
This is a very nice looking case. The cutouts align perfectly and the plastic tray holds the iphone securely. After using it for two weeks I decided that I wanted something that offered a little more protection. If you keep your phone in your purse or briefcase I think this case would work out fine...if you are constantly taking it out of your pocket I don't think it really offers enough proection since all of the edges are basically exposed.

From a craftsmanship perspective, I would give this case five stars...looks nice, doesn't have the usual horrific odor that tablet/phone cases seems to have these days and the leather is soft and defect free. The magnetic flap holds the front cover closed; however I did notice when the front cover is open while talking on the phone the flap tends to rest on your cheek.

All in all an extremely elegant case...if looks mattered and functionality didn't then this is definately a winner. But at least for me since functionality does matter I'm going to switch to an otterbox (either the defender or the commuter series).

YOOBAO Executive Genuine Leather Case for Apple iPad Mini /iPad Mini 2 Tablet With Auto Wake / Sleep Function Black
Offered by OurBestDeals
Price: $19.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case, incredibly thin, genuine leather......., December 11, 2013
Very thin genuine leather case fits the iPad mini with retina display perfectly. This case may not provide the best degree of protection because it is so thin but if you are looking for a genuine leather case that doesn't increase the thickness of your tablet then this is the one to get. One thing that was missing is the hole on the back for the second microphone but I can't fault the manufacturer because they list this as being for the first generation mini which didn't have the second mic. Other than this small detail the retina mini fits just fine. I used a small leather punch and made my own hole (I would encourage you to measure twice before you cut). I'm glad to see that Yoobao is now selling directly on Amazon. I had to get mine from China which wasn't the most convenient purchase that I've ever made. Well constructed, no terrible chemical smell and cutouts where they are supposed to be....

I don't think you will find a thinner case. I was willing to trade increased protection for slimness but depending on how you use your tablet this is something that you should consider.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 21, 2013 9:24 AM PST

Hand Stylus 4mm Retractable Fine Tip Stylus for iPad, iPad Air, iPad Mini, iPhone, Android & Kindle Fire (Blue)

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a finely crafted writing implement for your iPad or Android tablet/smartphone, December 6, 2013
The Hand Stylus is a finely crafted stylus made of anodized aluminum that seems to have the perfect balance in your hand. The retractable tip rotates each time that it is extended so that the tip doesn't wear in the same spot. This stylus takes a bit more pressure than some of the styli with fatter tips so if you are looking for a feather touch this might not be the stylus for you. One area that seems to be problematic is screen protectors. I've tried many different protectors and it worked better on some than others. The BEST protector to use with this stylus is the Illumishield which can be purchased from amazon (as an added bonus the Illumishield protectors are very inexpensive). If you want to use a protector I would highly recommend just saving yourself the aggravation and ordering the protectors when you order the stylus. If you are willing to go without a screen protector then this stylus will glide easily across your screen. The tips do wear out so I would recommend buying extra tips at the same time as the stylus because you will eventually need them. Overall, I would say that this is easily the classiest stylus on the market. I love the retractable tip because I can toss it in my bag without fear of damaging the tip. Highly recommended and I can guarantee that when others see you with it you had better keep an eye on your stylus because it will become a highly coveted object. This most likely will be the last stylus that you ever buy (assuming you can keep your coworkers from stealing it).

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case, super thin, quality leather, November 10, 2013
Very thin genuine leather case fits the Nexus 7 perfectly. This case may not provide the best degree of protection but if you are looking for a genuine leather case that doesn't increase the thickness of your tablet then this is the one to get. I'm glad to see that Yoobao is now selling directly on Amazon. I had to get mine from China which wasn't the most convenient purchase that I've ever made. Well constructed, no terrible chemical smell and cutouts where they are supposed to be.... Five stars, definately!

iLLumiShield - Apple iPad Mini 2 / 3 Screen Protector Japanese Ultra Clear HD Film with Anti-Bubble and Anti-Fingerprint - High Quality (Invisible) LCD Shield - Lifetime Replacement Warranty - [3-Pack] OEM / Retail Packaging (iPad mini with Retina Display 2nd Generation & 3rd Generation)
Offered by Talkie Tech, Inc.
Price: $10.95
2 used & new from $7.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Order the 1st Generation and Save Money, November 1, 2013
Like all of their products this one is just OK. It would be better if they used a pull tab on both sides of the protector for installation but instead they only use one. It would also be better if the tab was on the top so that you could align starting with the camera hole but for whatever reason they put it on the bottom which makes alignment difficult. For those searching for the new ipad mini with retina display do yourself a favor and order the original ipad mini protectors...they are the exact same protector put into a different envelope. For whatever reason the manufacturer decided to ride the wave of a new product and is charging a dollar more for the retina version even though there is NO difference other than the shipping envelope between this and the original ipad mini protector. To a large degree this makes me question their integrity because it seems as if they want to take advantage of people.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4