Profile for IBCotts > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 35

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

IBCotts RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Bear Motion Luxury Genuine Top Lambskin Leather Case for iPhone 5 - Brown
Bear Motion Luxury Genuine Top Lambskin Leather Case for iPhone 5 - Brown
Offered by Pro Ebiz
Price: $11.99
4 used & new from $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice case - quality materials - but not necessarily the most protection that you can find, July 10, 2014
This is a very nice looking case. The cutouts align perfectly and the plastic tray holds the iphone securely. After using it for two weeks I decided that I wanted something that offered a little more protection. If you keep your phone in your purse or briefcase I think this case would work out fine...if you are constantly taking it out of your pocket I don't think it really offers enough proection since all of the edges are basically exposed.

From a craftsmanship perspective, I would give this case five stars...looks nice, doesn't have the usual horrific odor that tablet/phone cases seems to have these days and the leather is soft and defect free. The magnetic flap holds the front cover closed; however I did notice when the front cover is open while talking on the phone the flap tends to rest on your cheek.

All in all an extremely elegant case...if looks mattered and functionality didn't then this is definately a winner. But at least for me since functionality does matter I'm going to switch to an otterbox (either the defender or the commuter series).

YOOBAO Executive Genuine Leather Case for Apple iPad Mini /iPad Mini 2 Tablet With Auto Wake / Sleep Function Black
Offered by Amazing A-Z Store
Price: $29.35
6 used & new from $24.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case, incredibly thin, genuine leather......., December 11, 2013
Very thin genuine leather case fits the iPad mini with retina display perfectly. This case may not provide the best degree of protection because it is so thin but if you are looking for a genuine leather case that doesn't increase the thickness of your tablet then this is the one to get. One thing that was missing is the hole on the back for the second microphone but I can't fault the manufacturer because they list this as being for the first generation mini which didn't have the second mic. Other than this small detail the retina mini fits just fine. I used a small leather punch and made my own hole (I would encourage you to measure twice before you cut). I'm glad to see that Yoobao is now selling directly on Amazon. I had to get mine from China which wasn't the most convenient purchase that I've ever made. Well constructed, no terrible chemical smell and cutouts where they are supposed to be....

I don't think you will find a thinner case. I was willing to trade increased protection for slimness but depending on how you use your tablet this is something that you should consider.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 21, 2013 9:24 AM PST

Hand Stylus 4mm Retractable Fine Tip Stylus for iPad, iPad Air, iPad Mini, iPhone, Android & Kindle Fire (Blue)

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a finely crafted writing implement for your iPad or Android tablet/smartphone, December 6, 2013
The Hand Stylus is a finely crafted stylus made of anodized aluminum that seems to have the perfect balance in your hand. The retractable tip rotates each time that it is extended so that the tip doesn't wear in the same spot. This stylus takes a bit more pressure than some of the styli with fatter tips so if you are looking for a feather touch this might not be the stylus for you. One area that seems to be problematic is screen protectors. I've tried many different protectors and it worked better on some than others. The BEST protector to use with this stylus is the Illumishield which can be purchased from amazon (as an added bonus the Illumishield protectors are very inexpensive). If you want to use a protector I would highly recommend just saving yourself the aggravation and ordering the protectors when you order the stylus. If you are willing to go without a screen protector then this stylus will glide easily across your screen. The tips do wear out so I would recommend buying extra tips at the same time as the stylus because you will eventually need them. Overall, I would say that this is easily the classiest stylus on the market. I love the retractable tip because I can toss it in my bag without fear of damaging the tip. Highly recommended and I can guarantee that when others see you with it you had better keep an eye on your stylus because it will become a highly coveted object. This most likely will be the last stylus that you ever buy (assuming you can keep your coworkers from stealing it).

YOOBAO Executive leather case for Google Nexus 7 FHD 2nd Black With Auto Wake / Sleep Feature
Offered by Yoobao
Price: $33.00
2 used & new from $22.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case, super thin, quality leather, November 10, 2013
Very thin genuine leather case fits the Nexus 7 perfectly. This case may not provide the best degree of protection but if you are looking for a genuine leather case that doesn't increase the thickness of your tablet then this is the one to get. I'm glad to see that Yoobao is now selling directly on Amazon. I had to get mine from China which wasn't the most convenient purchase that I've ever made. Well constructed, no terrible chemical smell and cutouts where they are supposed to be.... Five stars, definately!

iLLumiShield - Apple iPad Mini 2 with Retina Display Screen Protector Japanese Ultra Clear HD Film with Anti-Bubble and Anti-Fingerprint - High Quality (Invisible) LCD Shield - Lifetime Replacement Warranty - [3-Pack] OEM / Retail Packaging
Offered by Talkie Tech, Inc.
Price: $10.95
2 used & new from $7.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Order the 1st Generation and Save Money, November 1, 2013
Like all of their products this one is just OK. It would be better if they used a pull tab on both sides of the protector for installation but instead they only use one. It would also be better if the tab was on the top so that you could align starting with the camera hole but for whatever reason they put it on the bottom which makes alignment difficult. For those searching for the new ipad mini with retina display do yourself a favor and order the original ipad mini protectors...they are the exact same protector put into a different envelope. For whatever reason the manufacturer decided to ride the wave of a new product and is charging a dollar more for the retina version even though there is NO difference other than the shipping envelope between this and the original ipad mini protector. To a large degree this makes me question their integrity because it seems as if they want to take advantage of people.

Mediabridge USB 2.0 - Micro-USB to USB Cable (6 Feet) - High-Speed A Male to Micro B with Gold-Plated Connectors
Offered by Mediabridge Products, LLC
Price: $5.99
4 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality cable at a dirt cheap price, August 23, 2013
Since buying my first one, anytime I need a cable for my tablet I buy the mediabridge on Amazon. This is a well constructed cable that I use several times a week to charge my tablet. Primarily I use it as an extension along with the cable that came with the device so that I can use it while it charges. Even with frequent plugging and unplugging the cable hasn't worn out or loosened on either end. I like that it doesn't reduce the charging time needed which happens often with cheap, flimsy cables.
There is really not much else to say about a USB cable. Great price for a high quality cable pretty much sums it up.

Bear Motion Genuine Cowhide leather Case Cover with Stand & Stylus Loop (Stylus NOT included) for Google Nexus 7 FHD tablet 2013 Version Nexus 7 2 II 2.0 Second Generation (Black)
Offered by Pro Ebiz
Price: $12.99
3 used & new from $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality Materials but Not My Favorite Case, August 19, 2013
First let me say that I am a huge fan of Bear Motion cases. Anytime I get a new tablet the first thing that I do is log onto Amazon and order a Bear Motion case. Their customer service is second to none and the price for genuine leather cases is just insanely low. This case for the new nexus 7 is well constructed and is made from quality leather. That being said, I don't particularly care for the style of this case. The buttons while accessible are somewhat difficult to get to and if you were to put a stylus in the included loop on the side you would have to remove it in order to get to the on/off and volume buttons. The front cover does not bend back flat behind the back cover based on how the case is constructed. It does fold back, but you end up with a triangular shaped case....this is due to the way that it accommodates the standup angle of the tablet. The tablet fits in the case well and it's nice and snug so it is well protected.

I'm giving it four stars because it is a high quality case at a very reasonable price and just because the style of the case isn't my cup of tea doesn't mean that it won't be yours. If you want a thin case when the front cover is folded back then this isn't the case for you...it having multiple tilt angles is more important to you when you stand the tablet up then this might just be the case for you.

It does add some thickness to the nexus 7....so it isn't the thinnest case on the market. This is the first Bear Motion case that I have purchased that didn't come with a velvet drawstring bag to hold the case. I don't know if this was an oversight or if this one just doesn't include one. One final note...most cases have a terrible chemical odor when they are brand new. This one wasn't bad.

Medline Wrist and Forearm Splint with Abducted Thumb, Left, Medium
Medline Wrist and Forearm Splint with Abducted Thumb, Left, Medium
Offered by Shoplet
Price: $23.52
6 used & new from $17.05

4.0 out of 5 stars Supports both wrist and thumb, August 16, 2013
I have Dequervain tendonitis which causes severe pain in both my wrist and thumb. Most splints either provide excellent support of the wrist but nothing for the thumb or support the thumb but not the wrist. Every sling at the drugstore was either a wrist splint or a thumb splint. This one provides both. It took a bit of time to get used to wearing it but I can finally get through the day without accidentally moving my wrist or thumb the wrong way and having a shooting pain out of nowhere.

The splint is well made. I'm giving it four stars instead of fine because it could use just a bit more padding right at the wrist bone. I taped some gauze there before putting the splint on because the hard metal inside the split runs right through that area and just touching that spot on my wrist causes pain.

Overall, I am very happy with this splint. Hopefully by giving the tendons some time to rest they will heal soon and I won't have to wear it for very long.

eForCity® Micro USB OTG to USB 2.0 Adapter
eForCity® Micro USB OTG to USB 2.0 Adapter
Offered by SupplyQuick
Price: $1.31
66 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap cable that does what it is supposed to do, August 15, 2013
You can't beat the price...a little over a buck with free shipping. I ordered two of these because I was expecting at least one of them to not work based on the fact that it's a cheaply constructed cable. I was pleasantly surprised to find that both cables worked the way that they are supposed to. They fit securely (which is usually where cheap cables fail). The only caveat is that these get shipped from China and it takes two to three weeks and you won't be provided with tracking information. Just when you start to think that you're not going to receive them they show up in the mail. If you have an immediate need for these then your best bet is to pay more at a retail store. If you aren't in a hurry and can afford to wait close to a month then buying them here is a fantastic deal.

rooCASE Google Nexus 7 FHD Case - Dual-Station Stand Cover (2nd Gen 2013 Model) - BLACK (With Auto Wake / Sleep Cover)
Offered by PC Micro Store
Price: $14.98
2 used & new from $14.98

4.0 out of 5 stars It does what it is supposed to do, August 13, 2013
The case that I want isn't available until the end of the month. This one was on sale for $0.99 so I thought it would suffice till I get my "real" case. The tablet fits nicely into this case and the cut outs line up correctly. The buttons are accessible. Closing the front cover puts the tablet to sleep and wakes it back up but the magnets are a little weak...I don't know yet how well it will keep the tablet closed.

I think it looks more like vinyl than leather but its hard to find a real leather case. Some look more authentic than others...this one isn't the best that I've seen and it's not the worst. The smell, however, is overpowering. I've had many tablets and many cases....they all smell when they are new. This one is the strongest smelling case that I've owned. If you are sensitive to chemical smells this one will definitely give you some trouble.

I need protection for a few weeks...this case will be more than adequate and for ninety nine cents I'm pretty pleased with this case. Would I pay $15 for it? Probably not....but I got lucky on the price. It does come with a combination stylus/ball point pen which is definitely low end cheap plastic. If you already have a stylus you probably will choose not to use this one; if you don't have a stylus it's a nice touch (and it works). One nice thing about the pen...it's two colors. Twist it one way for black ink then twist it in the opposite direction for blue ink.

Overall I am happy with this purchase and would recommend it to others.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4