Profile for S.M. Johnson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 55

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

S.M. Johnson "BookWorm" RSS Feed (Little Rock)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
The Changeling and the Cupboard (The Complications of Being Lucy Book 1)
The Changeling and the Cupboard (The Complications of Being Lucy Book 1)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Action packed fun with plenty of twists & turns!, March 18, 2015
This is a great book. It's good for all ages and has that "grab you by the seat of your pants" kind of feel to it. I couldn't put it down.It has good characters, made real so I wanted to see what happened next. I'm hoping this is a trilogy at least, and hope the next book comes out soon. It has new types of characters in it, not the same witches,elves and dwarves. It didn't leave me hanging at the end. This is a new author and for a first book I'm impressed :o) There were only a few editor errors but as the editors were professionals I'd say they did an awesome job! Take a chance on this book it's a keeper!

A Woman's World (If Women Ran The World)
A Woman's World (If Women Ran The World)

5.0 out of 5 stars Satire at its finest !, April 13, 2014
This book was an interesting idea as a gender- role reversal set as a comedy & satire. The character's roles are well thought out and sets the stage for some interesting " tongue in cheek ", laugh out loud situations. It also points out serious problems in our society but set us to thinking about these issues by seeing them from a different perspective. It's definetly worth reading, if only to show people a different way to see the same thing every one of us struggle with at various points in our own lives. Hat's off to Laurie Anna and Kevin Mac.

Silo 49: Dark Till Dawn
Silo 49: Dark Till Dawn

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible Series!, March 17, 2014
I read the first 2 books in the series but this one was my favorite. I liked how the sections skipped ahead and had continuity holding the overall Wool series together. I was pleasantly surprised how well the books were written and by someone describing themselves as an " amateur " author! After your 1st book, with Hugh Howey's blessing & permission, you are no longer an amateur. Congratulations, Ann Christy! I'm looking forward to reading more of your work. <] : )

I Didn't Go Looking for Trouble
I Didn't Go Looking for Trouble

5.0 out of 5 stars Twists and fun from 8 to 80+, January 26, 2014
I loved the story. I had no idea when downloading it what a fascinating story it would be. I thought it was a " coming of age " type book... and it is! But it throws you a loop early on that makes for some fun reading. Some of it seems too simple, but that's the joy of adding magic to a story. Sometimes the good guys win, in the strangest of ways. There is no foul language which makes it a book for children to enjoy. There's abit of rough and tumhle, complete with villians, but nothing I wouldn't allow children to read.

Silence
Silence
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Unfortunately it is a possibility, January 13, 2014
This review is from: Silence (Kindle Edition)
I am shocked by the vehement reviews for this story. One extreme to the other. Either hate it & don't enjoy (grammatical errors, not withstanding) or love it...not much in between. I enjoyed the story & had a hard time setting it aside. I am sure it is because of my own experiences, I am a survivor - not a victim - of childhood sexual abuse. I read some comments and heard reviewers saying this doesn't seem a likely story. If so, it must be nice to live in " La-La Land". My own experience is not unusual. It took me years to be able to speak up about it, so the idea of being totally silent isn't a big jump for me to believe in. Yes, the story dragged in places. Yes it had bad editing. I've read books by other authors that I didn't like the story, but I didn't come to the sad conclusion to never read another story by that particular author. Give it a try. If it doesn't hold your attention by the 3rd or 4th chapter, set it down & try a different book. There are plenty of stories available. Kudos to Natasha Preston for having the courage to write about a "taboo" subject and then getting it published!

Chance Lost (Chance Series Book 1)
Chance Lost (Chance Series Book 1)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Story!, December 21, 2013
I love the story line. It's original fantasy. A different take on same old stories being rehashed with same type of characters. This book takes a new path and it was difficult to put down once I started reading it. I hope the next book comes out soon because I really like the story and what an imagination this author has! Congratulations are in order for the best new book I've read in ages with a shocking plot. It may seem like just another urban fantasy, but hold onto your hat, you're in for a wild ride!

The Ugly Stepsister Strikes Back
The Ugly Stepsister Strikes Back

1.0 out of 5 stars Sweet, September 28, 2013
This is a feel good book. I liked how the main character developed depth and stayed true to herself, even when it seemed to not be the popular idea. Without giving away the ending, I liked how she stuck to her principles and also opened up her heart.

Seven Unholy Days: A Thriller
Seven Unholy Days: A Thriller
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book!, July 28, 2013
A page turner from the very 1st page. I couldn't put it down. Twists & turns, constant action, puzzles, riddles, all sorts of interesting tidbits. Can't go wrong buying this book.

SamSUNG OEM AB463651BA BATTERY FOR M330 M340 R450 R451c M540 M550 T559 RANT
SamSUNG OEM AB463651BA BATTERY FOR M330 M340 R450 R451c M540 M550 T559 RANT
Offered by BuyCellular
Price: $4.59
4 used & new from $2.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Match, December 24, 2012
I needed a new battery for my cell phone and found it impossible to locate from the place I bought it. I searched the internet and Amazon came through for me yet again. This battery is an exact match for my Samsung phone and it was the most economical price at 3 dollars each. Other options were to replace the phone at considerable cost, with this option, thankfully that was unnecessary. Also, it was sent to me at cost of $3, free shipping & handling. It was here quickest as can be. If you need a battery, check this place out first!

Into The Unknown (The first memoir of Anne Bailey, gifted healer and seer)
Into The Unknown (The first memoir of Anne Bailey, gifted healer and seer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, November 22, 2012
I enjoyed reading the book from a child's perspective. It has many twists and turns in her story. It has an abrupt ending which I didn't like, like it should have more to tell. All in all it was still an enjoyable coming of age story.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6