Profile for B. Mills > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

B. Mills "BAMM" RSS Feed (USA, East Coast)

Page: 1 | 2
Assassin's Creed 3 (Original Game Soundtrack)
Assassin's Creed 3 (Original Game Soundtrack)
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Cinema-Level Material, September 5, 2013
Seriously, Assassin's Creed never lets you down with the music. While it was a shame that Jesper Kyd resigned his position for this game, Lorne Balfe is no slouch and this soundtrack, as always fit perfectly for the game. But on top of that it sounds like it's from a damn movie! ESPECIALLY track 19, "Temple Secrets" I SWEAR I've heard something like that before in a movie...

Assassin's Creed 2 (Original Game Soundtrack)
Assassin's Creed 2 (Original Game Soundtrack)
Price: $10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Mozart Would Be Proud!, September 5, 2013
The Assassin's Creed video game series ha always had great talent behind the OST's for the games, even since the first game. Jesper Kyd's work on this amazing game was just as awesome as the actual story. The music fit very well and the emotion and vibe it emits can touch almost anyone's soul. Yeh, I just said that. Even if you don't play these games I highly recommend buying this soundtrack, VERY moving!

Original Sony Ericsson Sony Xperia Z2 Micro USB Travel/Wall Charger (EP800)
Original Sony Ericsson Sony Xperia Z2 Micro USB Travel/Wall Charger (EP800)
Offered by SF Planet
Price: $9.99
5 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, July 23, 2013
This is one of the best smartphone and USB chargers I've ever used. This model came with my Sony Xperia Ion and the main draw is it is a Fast Charger. It charges ATLEAST double the speed of typical smartphone chargers, probably faster than that though. Very nice utility, only thing is the cable is SO DAMN SHORT

Sony MW1 Headset Black Lite Version (Retail Box)
Sony MW1 Headset Black Lite Version (Retail Box)
2 used & new from $84.74

4.0 out of 5 stars If Your Smartphone Had A Son, This Is It, July 23, 2013
This little thing is one of my favorite accessories to compliment my smartphone (Sony Xperia Ion). While it possesses some minor flaws, the benefits overshadow those flaws so much you barely notice them.

Positive Side:

- My favorite and most used feature of this little gadget, you can listen to your music (semi) wirelessly! Or any other sound you wish to hear. Here's my daily routine involving this and my smartphone: Wake up, get ready for the day, leave my dorm and tag my "Dorm" SmartTag which, paired with the app SmartConnect, turns my bluetooth on and pairs to the MW1, Walkman app automatically launches and auto plays, volumes auto adjust. This all happens with ONE easy motion by me. The bluetooth will automatically connect to the phone when you switch bluetooth on (if you want). But the main thing I love about this feature is I can move my phone every which way I want while the bluetooth sits somewhere out of the way, but still accessible if I want to change tracks.

- Next awesome feature, I don't HAVE to move my phone every which way (pretty much just out of my pocket) to change tracks. I can just reach to the much smaller and lighter bluetooth and click the "Next" or "Previous" or "Play/Pause" or even the "Volume Up/Down" button without even having to turn on my screen. Battery saver right there.

- Phone updates. With the clip it comes with you can attach it to a rubber braclet and wear it like a watch (it actually tells time too). Besides reading the time or the current track (it does that too) you can download extensions from the Play store to pop up and tell you when you got an email, text, Twitter/Facebook update, call, etc. and you can even open and read messages on the screen it has too. It's not the best screen for reading but hey, it's really just meant to preview or notify you of an incoming update. I recommend this device over Sony's SmartWatch too. While the SmartWatch has a better screen, this one does everything that one does and is cheaper, don't waste your money.

- Multi-point setting. Pretty much what it sounds like, you can connect your bluetooth up to two or three devices (can't remember how many) at once, setting one as your primary with the option to switch devices easily. It's awesome cause I use this in conjunction with my computer and phone so if I want to stream from my Mac without waking my roommates up, I can, love it.

- SD Card slot. While this "Lite" version doesn't come with a free 2 GB SD card, the actual device has a slot so if you have one you can put music on there and use it as a miniature MP3 player. And contrary to what some of these noobs on here have said, it can support up to 32GB cards (maybe bigger) as LONG as all your files are MP3s and are labeled properly, if so everything should be in order.

- Battery Built to Survive. The Battery on this is excellent. On standby it can last for almost a week and even using it everyday I've gotten great battery for about 3-4 days before needing to use the included charger.

- Free shortened headphones. You get free optimal bluetooth-sized headphones with this version too, the quality of them kinda sucks but hey they're free!

Negative Side:

- Sometimes the signal of the bluetooth audio cuts out. Not for very long, half a second at most but if you have your device and bluetooth in weird positions, either too close or too far (range is about 20-40 feet) then it cuts out frequently, but when you find that sweet spot it works just fine.

- To use the SD card feature at optimal functionality, you gotta have ALL MP3s, and this is a drawback cause most pople nowadays don't have an MP3 exclusive library. It will still play other types of files but the problem is not ALL of those other files will load or get labeled properly.

- Sometimes, when you connect the pair the device to something, the buttons won't respond to your music player. So 'Play" "Pause" might not work sometimes, Volume usually always works but the others sometimes don't. Just an occasional thing.

- Included headphones suck.

- There's no equalizer on the bluetooth headset. Your phone's equalizer will still function when playing music but, as with most bluetooth connections some of the frequency is lost when traveling through bluetooth. The sound quality change is hardly noticeable but real audiophiles might get a little OCD about it.

I probably missed a few points but that's pretty much this device. It's very good and in the year I have owned it I don't regret the purchase at all. The reason I didn't give it a full five stars is because some of those flaws annoyed me quite a bit soemtimes but overall it's and awesome accessory.
Another important point though, DON't WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THE PRO VERSION. The only thing you get different is an included 2GB SD card and a faster charger, which honestly you DON'T need cause this charger is just fine. And it's like $30 extra dollars for the Pro too, so save the cash. Great buy though! Highly recommended!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 10, 2013 7:29 PM PDT

Iron Man 2
Iron Man 2
DVD
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Epic movie, July 23, 2013
This review is from: Iron Man 2 (Amazon Instant Video)
Robert Downey Jr. and Marvel, enough said. This is actually SO good I had to add this last sentence because all you need to say to describe this movie is too short.

Belkin Speaker and Headphone Splitter
Belkin Speaker and Headphone Splitter
Offered by Googol Shop
Price: $3.69
26 used & new from $0.70

5.0 out of 5 stars No Problems, July 23, 2013
Not much to review for this kind of product, but it does it's job perfectly. No loss of signal and each output has the exact amount of signal so it splits the signal very well, as expected from a Belkin product. The fact that it is two individual wires instead of a solid input is also very helpful with the extra lee-way room. Great buy

Clipper Car Mount Universal Vehicle Swivel Holder For Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 (FlyStone Black/Red)
Offered by tesoar
Price: $3.04
44 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars My phone's best friend!, July 17, 2013
This is a great mount! And even though I was originally looking for something a bit cheaper, this was well worth the money!

At first I wasn't sure about a window mounted holder, I preferred a vent-mounted one, but I couldn't find any cheap ones that were big enough to hold my phone. This one, however, turned out to be awesome! Very versatile and because its a clip and not an adjustable mold, it can hold virtually any size phone or GPS. I have a phone with a 4.6" screen and it holds it just fine. The suction on this mount is also amazing, hasn't fallen off once int eh month I've had it and it's been pretty hot out too, like 90 degrees! Great product, highly recommend it.

Terrapin 2-in-1 Pack Screen Protector for Sony Xperia Ion
Terrapin 2-in-1 Pack Screen Protector for Sony Xperia Ion

4.0 out of 5 stars Clear as can be, July 17, 2013
This screen protector was a great addition to my Xperia Ion as I could finally replace the stock film that was covering it. It was very easy to install, great instructions, and left practically no bubbles, but for those who do have bubbles under the protector, it comes with a nifty squeegee to bump them out. The other thing I LOVE about these protectors is it doesn't sacrifice that high-end reflective "mirror" like view you get of your screen when it's off. I know some people like to get screen covers that eliminate any reflectiveness (if thats the case these are NOT for you) but I like it because I think it makes the phone look more clean and sleek. With the screen on, it you still get just as much clarity as you'd have with no screen protector!

The reason I didn't give it a full 5 stars though is because it scratches easy. Now, even though it's meant to protect your actual screen against scratches and what not, I didn't think the protector would sctrach that easily. But even so, not that much harm from some scratches. Great protector!

Alienvibes 140W 2.1 Channel Subwoofer PC Speaker System with Remote (W402)
Alienvibes 140W 2.1 Channel Subwoofer PC Speaker System with Remote (W402)
Price: $99.99
3 used & new from $42.42

4.0 out of 5 stars WARNING: Speakers may cause multiple eargasms!, July 14, 2013
EDIT July 23, 2013: First set, my original set, of the W402's turned out to be defective. Variety of mid and bass frequencies suddenly dropped out and overall volume and quality took a nose-dive; only used for a month. So I returned em' and got my replacement set today (no charge, not even shipping). Hopefully it really was just THAT set that was defective. If it happens again I'll probably have to take a star off.

I received this set of fine-ass looking speakers about a month ago in the mail and have been using them pretty much everyday ever since, and saying WOW isn't quite enough. Other than just looking uber sexy right out of the box they have a truly high-end sound quality, something highly desired in expensive Klipsch or Logitech speakers (which cost a lot more too). To make this review simpler, I'll make a list of the things I don't like about these speakers and the things I LOVE about them (it will also explain why I didn't give it the full 5 stars).

The Ugly Side of Things:

- Most notable and stand-out flaw of these speakers is the bass-to-treble ratio in the lower power range of the subwoofer. Even with bass maxed out on the head unit's equalizer, at lower volumes, the bass doesn't have quite enough presence. Don't get me wrong, once you crank this thing to about quarter, third total volume, you begin to FEEL the bass kicks and the sustains move the hair on your skin, you'll definitely get that physical aspect of music you may or may not be looking for (can turn the bass down if your not), but it's not on the level of THX approved subs you'll find in a Kilpsch set, the kind with overwhelming bass that really carries. It's probably because the sub in this set has no external driver and just the air intake/exhaust hole. Then again, these are meant to be desktop speakers, not a home theater system, so they're great for the situation they're meant for.

- The cables are so damn short. This seems to be a problem with many desktop systems but unless your putting the speakers right next to the monitor with the sub close by, these stock cables won't be long enough. I put mine on each side of my desk and needed to buy an extension cable to make it reach the subwoofer on one of my bottom shelves.

- The cables are non-removable (except the input cable). So if your like me and need the extension cables (most likely will) you CAN'T REMOVE THE STOCK ONES. You'll have to buy a female-to-male extension cable of the desired length.

- The equalizer isn't very customizable. It is split into bass and treble frequencies so you can adjust either one to your desired level but you can't adjust any specific frequencies which some might want to have access to.

- While the display is very awesome looking and a neat feature (especially in the dark), it isn't very functional and serves little purpose. The main thing it is lacking is a visual feedback to adjustments of volume and equalizer levels. You would think that when adjusting treble and bass levels one of the two bars in the display would represent the increase or decrease of bass and one for treble, but it doesn't. The only purpose that it serves is to raise in accordance to the intensity of the bass, which is cool! But it should also adjust to show where the volume level is so one may know when something is maxed out. It also doesn't show when the system is 'off' or 'on' except for when the main power switch is flipped in which case the display turns off.

- The remote has a weak signal. While having the remote is a very nice touch, the key commands usually take a few presses to work, and it usually only work at eye-level with the head unit (attached to the sub) which usually is on the floor.

- While it may advertise 140W of power, that is total power. You'll actually only be able to push out about 80-90W and still have acceptable clarity. RMS power for the sub is about 40W and for each speaker a bit over 15W. Still a very loud system though.

The 'Wow!' Factors

- Starting from top to bottom, each speaker features a very beautiful matte black, wood encasing with a piano black gloss finish on the front panel, very well constructed, no grill, and 2 drivers paired with 1 tweeter. What this kind of setup means is that, atypical of most desktop speaker systems even the high-end ones, one driver plays only the mid frequencies while the other plays the mid-lows which are those hard to reach frequencies right inbetween mid-level and bass-level on the frequency spectrum. This allows for a more accurate and efficient production of sound through each component of the system. This allows each driver to play the frequencies it is designed for as opposed to the usual setup of one driver, one tweeter, one sub which forces the sub to play mid-lows, frequencies most subs can't physically produce. And trust me the quality of the sound is AMAZING, the crossover bands in the systems amp does a amazing job of separating the frequencies into their designated driver and in effect making the bass punchy and precise with the speakers producing crisp and accurate mids. Oh yeh and did I mention how sexy the speakers look?

- I can't emphasize enough how beautiful the design is, even if they didn't work, these things are worth just looking at for while.

- The display. While I explained how it doesn't have a lot of functionality, it does have some. It shows which input your currently set too, the level of the sub, and also which band (volume, treble, or bass) you have selected. When it's flashing at high levels in the dark, it looks sick. Be great for a mini rave in your house.

- While I did have some dislikes about the bass, the quality and accuracy at typical listening volumes is pretty awesome and definitely satisfying. And that's just rock, jazz, blues etc. put some techno or dub step on and...hah DAYUM!

- The NUMBER of inputs. This is the first desktop speaker system I have come across with as many inputs as it has. You have the typical auxiliary input, in both RCA and 3.5mm flavors, a USB input, and an SD card slot. I usually only need the aux inputs but for those who use this for a house speaker set or other similar purposes and don't have a computer or phone to plug in with, you have the ability to place your desire songs on a USB or SD card and pop that in. With these options you can also use the remote's other buttons to control playback, volume, EQ, etc.

- A freaking remote, wireless too! This was probably the most useful feature the system came with. All my other speaker sets have wired remotes but this one is wireless and it has every command you'd need. While it doesn't always work right away it is still such a nice thing to have. It even features a power button. It's more like a standby button though because it only turns the amp off. To completely power down the system you'd need to reach around back and flip the master power switch.

All in all, one of the best sets you will find nowadays and a lot of great useful features. Because of some of the flaws I didn't give it 5 stars but don't let that hold you back, these are great speakers to have, and I know this is a cliche, but ESPECIALLY FOR THE PRICE! And unless you need fill a room bigger than a typical living room with great sound, these should be the fit for you.

PowerGen 2.4Amps / 12W Dual USB Car charger Designed for Apple and Android Devices - White
Offered by POWERGEN
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, efficient charger (so far), July 14, 2013
This is a pretty handy travel companion especially if you have a phone like mine with terrible battery life. I have a 2012 dual-core Android phone and it charges that just fine, in fact just as well as a typical wall charger does.
It comes with some pretty great features too such as the big blue LED that circles the device and lights up when it is receiving power. Also the dual inputs with specific output specs. I charge my phone and GPS at the same time with no problems though it's advertised to be able to charge a tablet and a phone at the same time, I have yet to test that theory out though.

Should keep in mind though I have only used it a hand-full of times in the month i have owned it so I can't tell if age brings faults, so far though it's been great and I recommendit to anyone searching for a good, cheap car charger. Very versatile!

Page: 1 | 2