Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro
Profile for T. Grouse > Reviews

Browse

T. Grouse's Profile

Customer Reviews: 126

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

T. Grouse RSS Feed (Erie, PA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Crucial BX200 240GB SATA 2.5 Inch Internal Solid State Drive - CT240BX200SSD1
Crucial BX200 240GB SATA 2.5 Inch Internal Solid State Drive - CT240BX200SSD1
Offered by Technology Galaxy
Price: $69.85
88 used & new from $63.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Great As Far As I'm Concened, July 23, 2016
I have to admit that I'm not an expert on SSDs. I am very knowledgeable of computers and OS's in general though. My laptop is about 5 years old and was getting pretty slow compared to just about anything out there today. I bought a new cheap laptop that is pathetically slow and it turns out the hard drive is the weak/slow link. I decided to upgrade my old Toshiba's hard drive to see if it was worth keeping and I'm very glad that I did.

I buy a lot of stuff from Amazon, but I bought this drive directly from Crucial for $5 more. It was my first laptop SSD upgrade. I'm pretty good at breaking plastic things (including laptops) so I was a little apprehensive in doing this upgrade. Fortunately, my old Toshiba Satellite provides fairly easy access to the HD (two screws). I went with Crucial since it's a pretty well known and respected brand, and I've used them in the past. I didn't go to any websites to find out how it compared to other SSDs. I first attempted to use Macricum's free cloning software after watching a CNET video that recommended it. I got a error on my first attempt so I decided to use the included Acronis (downloadable) cloning software. Super easy, very quick and a complete success my first attempt. I rebooted my pc that used to take up to two minutes to fully boot to Windows 10 now takes about 10 seconds to get to the desktop and about 15 seconds to completely load. What a eureka moment. I showed this to my wife and she asked a really good question "Why aren't they putting these in "all" new laptops?" They should.

This was the most satisfying upgrade I have ever experienced. I've upgraded RAM and changed CPU's, nothing gave me such a great performance boost as this SSD. I have zero complaints with the drive and it is working very well. Time will tell, but I'm off to a great start with it.

Pros:

- I don't care what the specs are, it made my i7 laptop blazing fast compared to the 5400 rpm drive it replaced.
- It was an inexpensive upgrade compared to buying a new laptop
- Cloning was easy with Acronis

Cons:

- I waited way too long to do this
- I should have bought it at Amazon and saved $5

I was seriously considering junking my old Toshiba, but it has new life. I plan to upgrade my newer laptop (with 15 screws, yikes, no easily removable cover) and I may try a different brand, but this Crucial BX200 240GB worked great for me.

Bluetooth 4.0 USB Adapter, Costech 2 Pack Gold Plated Micro Dongle 33ft/10m Compatible with Windows 10,8.1/8,7,Vista, XP, 32/64 Bit and Wireless USB 2.4GHz for for Desktop , Laptop,computers
Offered by Costech USA
Price: $25.78
2 used & new from $12.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great With Windows 10 / Annoying Blinking Blue Light, July 16, 2016
I do like this device very much as it was truly plug&play with Windows 10. I didn't need to install any drivers. There is one downside correctable with black electrical tape. The adapter emits a blue blinking light that I find quite distracting. It would be great if you could disable the light, but alas, I had to get a pair of scissors and cut a small piece of electrical tape to cover it. After that it's fine.

Famili Digital Meat Food Kitchen Cooking Oven Thermometer Probe for BBQ, Oven, Smoker
Offered by The Famili
Price: $24.99
2 used & new from $11.69

4.0 out of 5 stars Probe Failed On Third Use / Update: Great Customer Service, June 26, 2016
I liked it well enough, but the probe has failed after three uses. I was roasting some pulled pork and the alarm went off after an hour. I knew the meat was nowhere near 200. I pulled the probe out and it stayed at 130 degrees after I cleaned it off. It never went back to normal. Shut it off, turned it on and re-inserted the probe. Still was way over the actual temp. The temperature probe is always the weakest link of these devices and 99 times out of 100 what fails (probably 100 out of 100 actually since it's in the heat). I was very careful not to get it wet where the wire connects to the probe. I am going to try to contact the company but failing after the third use is not a sign of quality.

When it was working it did a good job with a clear display. I never used the program features for different meats, I just set the alarm temp manually.

Update 7/1/16: I changed my rating from 1 star to 4. It's getting more stars for the prompt courteous customer service, not the actual quality of the device. I contacted the company via email and they were very helpful. They sent me a new probe and a new unit. I didn't need a new unit, but I guess they sent me both since they weren't sure whether it was the unit itself or the probe. They backed their product at no additional cost to me, so I am very appreciative of that.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 28, 2016 1:39 PM PDT

Amazon Echo
Amazon Echo
Price: $179.99

3.0 out of 5 stars No Audio Out / No Purchase, June 26, 2016
This review is from: Amazon Echo (Electronics)
Great device with no audio out to attach or sync with a bluetooth audio receiver for home stereo sound. They knew they weren't including this capability when they engineered it. I'm sure it sounds great for the little speakers it has, but it would be an absolute home run if it had a simple audio out port. I can't justify buying a voice command tabletop radio (which it is) until it does.

The Dairy Shoppe 1 Pint Glass Water Bottle 16 Oz (Pack of 6)
The Dairy Shoppe 1 Pint Glass Water Bottle 16 Oz (Pack of 6)
Offered by Shenandoah Homestead Supply
Price: $19.95
2 used & new from $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Water Bottles, June 25, 2016
I love these. I have a water filter on my sink and use these instead of buying water in plastic bottles. They are super rugged, clean up nicely in the dishwasher and are saving me the trouble of cases of water. I keep four in the fridge at all times and rotate them. Truly an outstanding product.

Anker SoundCore Dual-Driver Bluetooth Speaker with 24-Hour Playtime, 66-Foot Bluetooth Range, with Low Harmonic Distortion and Superior Sound - Black
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $79.99
3 used & new from $35.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect To Correct Lousy Laptop Speakers, June 25, 2016
If your laptop has tinny speakers like mine and has bluetooth, you need a simple solution, a bluetooth speaker. I started checking out the bluetooth speakers on Amazon and I was leaning towards the Anker, DKnight, Cambridge Soundworks, and JBL. There are so many of these types of speakers it's hard to figure out which to pick. I narrowed it down to the first three since the JBL cost three times as much. I'm sure it's a fine speaker, but the others get great reviews as well. I am curious about how the others sound, but I settled on the Anker because of the 24 hour of playtime, the extreme range 66ft (even though I sit mine next to my laptop, and the reviews concerning the sound quality. I figured for $35 it was worth a shot.

I feel like I got this one right. To me, this speaker sounds fantastic. I listen to a lot of talk radio and voices sound natural, rich and full. There's no vibration at loud volume levels. All you have to do is hold the power button until the blue light comes on, and pair it with your device. I didn't read the instructions if it came with any, It couldn't be easier. Wireless, great sound, super simple to operate, rugged, and inexpensive. What's not to like? This is the best purchase I have made in over a year. I absolutely love this thing.

Eyekepper 5-pack Spring Hinges Vintage Reading Glasses Men Readers Black-Yellow Tortoise +1.75
Offered by EYEKEPPER GLOBAL INC
Price: $17.99
2 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Reading Glasses, May 31, 2016
I'm buying my third pack. I tend to leave them all over the house and at work. These are by far the most comfortable and best designed reading glasses I've ever purchased. You can't beat them for the quality and value. The spring hinges are great and don't cause any discomfort. The lenses have all been very clear and the frames don't make me look weird. You can't go wrong.

1-Pound 100K HU Premium Ground Cayenne Pepper Powder (100000 Heat Units)
1-Pound 100K HU Premium Ground Cayenne Pepper Powder (100000 Heat Units)
Offered by Deals for Foodies
Price: $13.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! Now that's good cayenne!, April 21, 2016
Wow! Now that's good cayenne! I own a bar and restaurant and I bought this cayenne powder to enhance our hot wing sauce. It is perfect. The freshness, flavor and heat are all there. Don't worry whether this is a good purchase, you won't find better quality. It's a steal (please don't raise the price). I'm buying a backup today.

De'Longhi EC155 15 BAR Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Maker
De'Longhi EC155 15 BAR Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Maker
Price: $94.81
102 used & new from $52.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Still Going Strong After 5 Years, March 24, 2016
It has stood the test of time, about five years that is. That's pretty good. It's still going strong. I admittedly haven't used it every day, but I keep it at work so it get's used about four times a week. No problems with leaking as some cheap espresso machines will. It is pretty plasticky in construction, but that's what you get for a sub $100 espresso machine. It takes E.S.E. pods just fine.

It's everything people have said in terms of value. It's a steal overall. I wish it had a cup warmer and that I didn't have to hold on to the cup when brewing (it vibrates a lot and the cup travels if you don't hold on to it.)

I normally write more thorough reviews. All I know is it makes a great shot of espresso without a lot of fuss and it's been very reliable for me. You can't go wrong with this for E.S.E. pod use.

mycoffee Nespresso Compatible Capsules 60 Pack (strong)
mycoffee Nespresso Compatible Capsules 60 Pack (strong)

3.0 out of 5 stars It's Only OK, March 16, 2016
I can drink it, but I think I like the "Intense" (green capsule) from this brand better. I'm surprised there aren't more reviews yet given the outstanding price. Again, $.25 a capsule is a great deal.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13