Profile for A. J. Katz > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

A. J. Katz "ajizle" RSS Feed (Los Angeles, CA USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Plex
Plex
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent App for Streaming Home Media, June 9, 2012
This review is from: Plex (App)
I have a fairly large collection of movies on my home computer that I have copied from disks that I own. I wanted a way to be able to access these movies everywhere and anywhere: computers, TV's, phones, etc. Plex does it perfectly. I can know use my Android phone as a remote for my PC or simply stream my movies to my phone wherever I am. Great job to the devs for finally making an app worthy of paying for.

I have also installed Plex for GoogleTV. The only downside is the Android remote is only supported for PC's and Mac's so hopefully soon they will update it where i can control Plex on the GoogleTV. This would make the app a killer.

Trust 2 Pcs TrustFire Protect2 Pcs TrustFire Protected 14500 3.7V 900mAh Rechargeable Lithium Batteriesed 14500 3.7V 900mAh Rechargeable Lithium Batteries (Generic Packaging)
Offered by Niceshopping
Price: $9.98
3 used & new from $8.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect 14500 Li-Ion Batties, May 30, 2012
I use these in a LED flashlight that has a broad voltage circuit and can be much brighter with a 3.7V Li-Ion battery. These batteries are perfect and exactly as described. They are perfectly AA sized (other companies' batteries are sometimes larger and don't fit). These are perfect and work well. An added bonus is they are protected so you do not have to worry about overcharging them. Great purchase. My seller was R-Isales and they shipped it fast.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 9, 2013 2:19 PM PDT

The Lord of the Rings: Mines of Moria - PC
The Lord of the Rings: Mines of Moria - PC
23 used & new from $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Product Review, not Game Review, May 30, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
The game is great, I love it. But this short review is about what the product is. I am currently a Free-To-Play gamer for Lord of the Rings Online. I bought this so that I can access the Moria quest area. I simply had to go to Turbine's website and enter the game code.

Doing so did the following:
1. Unlocked Moria for F2P questing.
2. 30-day VIP access (requires a credit card to sign up, but you can cancel immediately and just use up the 30-day voucher)
3. 500 TP (takes a few days to show up after activating VIP)
4. Gold cap unlocked.
5. All bags unlocked.
6. Unlocked Character Types and more Slots

Be sure when you order from a Amazon merchant that the product is brand new and unopened. This is the only way to ensure you are getting a new code which will give you the above perks. My seller was "Best Game Deals". Definitely worth the purchase and the game is fantastic if you want a MMORPG alternative to more expensive ones like World of Warcraft and if you like JRR Tolkien's world of Lord of the Rings.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 19, 2014 12:39 AM PST

Corsair Vengeance 12GB (3x4GB)  DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory (CMZ12GX3M3A1600C9)
Corsair Vengeance 12GB (3x4GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory (CMZ12GX3M3A1600C9)
Price: $144.99
11 used & new from $144.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Memory for the Price, January 2, 2012
I was looking for fast 1600MHz memory that was stable and inexpensive. These Corsair's are perfect. Not only do they have an excellent track record with almost zero failures, but they can achieve their rated speed with perfect stability. I popped them in and immediately began running smoothly. I had it running with an XMP profile. I would definitely purchase these again and might add 12GB more in the near future because I am so happy with this purchase.

Corsair definitely has a winner with these memory modules.

ASUS VULCAN-ANC/BLK/ALW/AS Active-Noise-Cancelling Pro Gaming Headset - Black
ASUS VULCAN-ANC/BLK/ALW/AS Active-Noise-Cancelling Pro Gaming Headset - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Headset, January 2, 2012
I have used this headset for just over a week now. I am very satisfied with them. I did a lot of research before making this purchase and I had a few things in mind when searching:
1. I wanted quality headphones that could handle music, movies, and games.
2. I wanted Active Noise Cancelling for use on an airplane or anywhere noisy.
3. I wanted a microphone for video chatting, gaming, or use with my cellphone.

I settled on these mostly because of the reviews. The sound quality is top notch. The headphones get remarkably loud for no amplification. Although this may be due to the fact that the headphones do an excellent job blocking outside noise. These sound amazing when listening to music. Obviously when compared to Bose or Beats or other brands that amplify music, you have to turn the volume up to achieve the same loudness. When you do, the sound quality is definitely on par. For gaming, there headphones do a decent job with surround sound, but this is also dependent on your sound card. If you are looking for true surround sound, you are better off with a USB headset with multiple drivers per ear.

The only caveat with these headphones is the noise cancelling (ANC). While it does a good job eliminating outside noise, it does so at the cost of the sound quality. The sound does flatten a bit. Most headphones make up for this with amplification and I am not sure why Asus left this out, but it is the one negative. Therefore, I will only use the ANC feature when necessary (on flights) and not regularly as I would with other headphones such as Audio Technica's or Beats.

Cooler Master Sleeve Bearing 140mm Silent Fan for Computer Cases and Radiators
Cooler Master Sleeve Bearing 140mm Silent Fan for Computer Cases and Radiators
Price: $9.99
13 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very quiet, very powerful., November 6, 2011
I will keep this review short because this is simply a computer fan. The fan is perfect for what I needed. I use it on the side of my case, it runs very quietly and produces a decent amount of airflow. I would definitely purchase it again for a future computer.

12-Pack Compatible Ink Cartridges for Brother LC51 MFC 230C 240C 350C 440CN 465CN 3360C 5460CN 5860CN 665CW 685CW 845CW 885CW
Offered by OCProducts
Price: $10.45
30 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great ink for the price!, November 6, 2011
For the price, these inks are unbeatable. They work perfectly in my Brother MFC465CN printer. I have had no problems and have printed hundreds of color pages by now. I ordered them from ValleyBuy LLC although the order was fulfilled by Amazon. I would highly recommend this for people who need color but aren't too concerned with quality. The colors may be slightly off, but I am a student using color occasionally for charts and graphs. These inks work PERFECTLY.

Logitech S715i Portable 30-Pin iPod/iPhone Speaker Dock
Logitech S715i Portable 30-Pin iPod/iPhone Speaker Dock
Offered by Electronica Direct
Price: $109.97
34 used & new from $39.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great speakers!, November 6, 2011
I have had these speakers for several weeks now and have used them quite extensively. Here are my thoughts:
Pros:
1. Loud.
These speakers get very loud. It works best if you use the direct ipod connection rather than the AUX. It gets louder and is much clearer using this digital method over the analog AUX input.
2. Portable.
These speakers are light and small enough to carry around. The carrying case isn't the best, but it gets the job done.
3. Audio Quality
These speakers produce excellent audio quality. The only time i hear any distortion is when the volume is all the way up.

Cons:
1. Battery life.
The battery life is not as great as promised on these. This is probably due to the volume level. If you are listening to them and they are quiet, they will last hours. However, most people will probably have the volume at least half way, so i would expect only 3-4 hours this way.

theScore
theScore
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Sports App, May 16, 2011
This review is from: theScore (App)
I have tried and tried many sports apps to find the best for me. I have tried yahoos, CBS, and ESPN. This app is by far the best i have used so far. It is fast and provides all the information about a current or past game you could ask for. Definitely my default app for finding sport information. Has all the major american sports and also European soccer leagues. I am sure it has other outside-US sports but they do not interest me so i have not checked.

Arkon Smartphone Car Mount Holder for Apple iPhone 6 Plus iPhone 6 5 5C Samsung Galaxy Note 4 3 2 S5 S4 Fire Phone HTC One M8
Price: $19.99
26 used & new from $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Well, May 16, 2011
Bought this for my Samsung Captivate. Works well. Holds the phone securely, doesn't vibrate or bounce around. I would definitely purchase this again for another phone. It is very wide and deep to hold a variety of phones.

Page: 1 | 2